Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Loc: on the magic bus
God is a human construct.
    #12998677 - 08/03/10 09:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have grokked this for many moons. It is the only logical conclusion.

Discuss.

--------------------
WAFFLEZZ!!!11!!!1!!!1!!!!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejo3s
Stranger

Re: God is a human construct. [Re: Sunny]
    #12998711 - 08/03/10 09:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Your just coming to this conclusion after how many years.  Better late then never i guess

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Re: God is a human construct. [Re: jo3s]
    #12998727 - 08/03/10 09:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Grok = "To know intimately"

So no, I have not just arrived at this conclusion. This was a serious post though, not an attempt to troll this forum.

--------------------

Offlinenorm
Stranger

Re: God is a human construct. [Re: jo3s]
    #12998728 - 08/03/10 09:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I haven't come to my own conclusions about god yet (but I am working on it), but I do think that it's a very logical conclusion to come to. I'm starting to believe that in the beginning, when man knew pretty much nothing, everything was a mystery to him, and so he blamed it on the gods. If it wasn't gods, then it was magic or witches or something equally supernatural. After a while, people started to figure out that magicians and witches were BS. Over time, we learned things, such as our place in the cosmos and how evolution works. Then people stopped blaming the gods for our existence. It just seems logical that he was created as a placeholder for knowledge, and that as more knowledge was found, 'god' is no longer needed to explain the unknown.

I could go to hell for that... haha

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Loc: Hay Un Mundo Mas Alla
Re: God is a human construct. [Re: norm]
    #12998775 - 08/03/10 09:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

What are the odds that all cultures of the entire earth are suffering the same fictional construct? All ancient cultures have their creation story and account of God or Gods coming to them from the heavens/stars.

The answer: It is not a coincidence

The reason: Intelligent Extraterrestrial Biological Entities.

--------------------

Orissa India Bulk Grow (Tub Tek)
Bulk Steamer Pasteurizer Tek

"Our intention is our eternal fingerprint in the universe."

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

OfflineModusPwnd
Stranger
Re: God is a human construct. [Re: Akira]
    #12998782 - 08/03/10 09:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

What are the odds that all cultures of the entire earth are suffering the same fictional construct?

Pretty damn good Id say.

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

#12998806 - 08/03/10 09:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

A very similar line of logic is what originally lead me to the conclusion. More so, it seems to me that "god" is an excuse for various crimes against humanity. The concept of "god" is just a way to rid oneself of cognitive dissonance.

--------------------

Offlinecornonmacabre
Stranger
Male
    #12998813 - 08/03/10 09:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The construction of God was to explain how we got here, how here got here. God is THE ONLY way to explain how anything exists. And as far as "knowing how evolution works," we don't. Darwin was onto something at first but his theory quickly blew up and became absurd, and people loved it and have been using it as an excuse to shirk responsibility for just about anything.

The simple fact is that if evolution worked in the way that it Darwin's theory about the evolution of man suggests, then there would be a much more gradual, visible link, that still exists as a living entity, between every section of that evolution. Unless of course the so called unstoppable force that is evolution just stopped inexplicably.

(clown slap)

--------------------
(clown slap)

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Re: God is a human construct. [Re: Akira]
    #12998828 - 08/03/10 09:57 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Akira said:

This is the most non-sensical conclusion one can arrive at, that is exactly the same thing as saying "god" did it.

--------------------

OfflineModusPwnd
Stranger
    #12998838 - 08/03/10 10:00 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

So, Sunny... How can I differentiate between a human construct and something else?

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Re: God is a human construct. [Re: cornonmacabre]
    #12998857 - 08/03/10 10:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cornonmacabre said:
The construction of God was to explain how we got here, how here got here. God is THE ONLY way to explain how anything exists. And as far as "knowing how evolution works," we don't. Darwin was onto something at first but his theory quickly blew up and became absurd, and people loved it and have been using it as an excuse to shirk responsibility for just about anything.

The simple fact is that if evolution worked in the way that it Darwin's theory about the evolution of man suggests, then there would be a much more gradual, visible link, that still exists as a living entity, between every section of that evolution. Unless of course the so called unstoppable force that is evolution just stopped inexplicably.

(clown slap)

well actually, anthropologists and biologists have been working to understand just that, natural selection is a theory, not a fact. But nature does seem to have work very similarly to the way Darwin proposed.

This actually sort of beside the point of this discussion.

--------------------

Offlinethe bizzle
the joke that no one spoke

Loc: :seriousbusiness:
    #12998866 - 08/03/10 10:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sunny said:

Discuss.

I guess

it depends on what you mean by "god"

if you think of god as "A God" or "The God", that imo implies a division, as if "He" is somewhere that is not here, such as Heaven or the North Pole

I just use the word "god" as an easy way to refer to "everything" or "that which is beyond all human construct yet also somehow including all human construct"

I like the phrase "where could god be, but in everything?"

the idea of God as a religious diety is pretty farcical imo, and yes a human construct, but that doesn't mean that people who are beyond that can't use the word in conversations that are somehow relevant

--------------------
MY HAIR IS A BIRD 
YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID

Edited by the bizzle (08/03/10 10:10 PM)

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Re: God is a human construct. [Re: ModusPwnd]
    #12998868 - 08/03/10 10:05 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

ModusPwnd said:
So, Sunny... How can I differentiate between a human construct and something else?

You can identify a human construct. If it's not a human construct, then it's "something else".

--------------------

Offlinecornonmacabre
Stranger
Male
    #12998876 - 08/03/10 10:07 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Evolution is an even more ridiculous conclusion. The mathematical chance of the proteins lining up to create the fist single celled organism is about equal with winning the lottery while standing in the middle of Time Square, being bitten by a shark, stuck by lightning simultaneously and all on your birthday. That is not to mention that once those proteins were lined up then they would need to be electrically charged and be in the perfect place to cultivate that electricity long enough for life to start in those proteins.

The best scientists of our day suggest that this happened in a time long ago on the back of crystals in a deep dark cave somewhere. This begs the question, how did that cave and the crystals and the electricity and proteins get there? Science cannot explain how it got started. The best scientists of our "enlightened" age gave us a guess. A shot in the dark at best and people ate it up and called it truth without really thinking about it.

--------------------
(clown slap)

OfflineModusPwnd
Stranger
    #12998879 - 08/03/10 10:07 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

How can I identify it though? I know there is no easy answer to this, or perhaps no answer at all.  But we all attack the issue in some way, and I am interested in how you did it.  How do I identify a human construct?

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

#12998891 - 08/03/10 10:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Sunny said:
Quote:

Akira said:

This is the most non-sensical conclusion one can arrive at, that is exactly the same thing as saying "god" did it.

I completely disagree. This simply explains most human culture understanding of superhumans(gods) who came to this earth from the heavens. Carl Sagan was very fond of this idea, one of the worlds leading scientists and cosmologists in my opinion

I think your confusing my statement with the feeble attempt to use ET's as to answer "The First Cause" theory.

As far as that goes it is simple. Their is no first cause. science answered that a very long time ago. the law of thermodynamics and the law of the conservation of mass. In other words something did not come from nothing because their was always something to begin with.

so yes my first statement about extraterrestrial biological entities still stands to explain the god phenomenon of human beings on this tiny little planet on the Milky Way.

--------------------

We know that God is good, and so are hamburgers and hot dogs. We know that hamburgers and hot dogs definitely do exist, so then by deduction of logic God too must also exist. Hamburgers + Hot dogs = God.... Duh

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Re: God is a human construct. [Re: the bizzle]
    #12998899 - 08/03/10 10:11 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
Quote:

Sunny said:

Discuss.

I guess

if you think of god a "A God" or "The God", that imo implies a division, as if "He" is somewhere that is not here, such as Heaven or the North Pole

I just use the word "god" as an easy way to refer to "everything" or "that which is beyond all human construct yet also somehow including all human construct"

the idea of God as a religious diety is pretty farcical imo, and yes a human construct, but that doesn't mean that people who are beyond that can't use the word in conversations that are somehow relevant

I really agree with that notion, but then I have a problem calling it "god". If not for the terminology alone implies belief in the human construct. I think what we want to call it, has no word for it. This seems problematic to me. Why not call it "the universe", or "quantuum physics", or something else equally less mystical than "god".

--------------------

OfflineAkira
CosmicConsciousness
Male User Gallery

Re: God is a human construct. [Re: the bizzle]
    #12998920 - 08/03/10 10:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

the bizzle said:
Quote:

Sunny said:

Discuss.

I guess

if you think of god as "A God" or "The God", that imo implies a division, as if "He" is somewhere that is not here, such as Heaven or the North Pole

Hey are you familiar with Pantheism. Its basically what you just described. I stumbled upon this idea moons ago, very interesting and consider myself pantheist (if i had to use labels) in many ways today..

Edit: Another cool terminology for this is Cosmic Consciousness. Their is a book called Cosmic consciousness by Richard Maurice Bucke ( if im correct on the name) which is really good.

--------------------

Offlinecornonmacabre
Stranger
Male
    #12998922 - 08/03/10 10:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Well if the question is "Is God a human construct?" The first place to look for an answer is at the beginning of everything as far as the human mind can comprehend. "God" as the idea that people have put forward in the past 5000 years is most definitely a human construct. But what i was saying is that the real situation, when you think about it, is the opposite. At least indirectly, man his a God construct.

--------------------
(clown slap)

InvisibleSunny
free-ballin
Male User Gallery

Re: God is a human construct. [Re: cornonmacabre]
    #12998939 - 08/03/10 10:18 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

cornonmacabre said:
Evolution is an even more ridiculous conclusion. The mathematical chance of the proteins lining up to create the fist single celled organism is about equal with winning the lottery while standing in the middle of Time Square, being bitten by a shark, stuck by lightning simultaneously and all on your birthday. That is not to mention that once those proteins were lined up then they would need to be electrically charged and be in the perfect place to cultivate that electricity long enough for life to start in those proteins.

The best scientists of our day suggest that this happened in a time long ago on the back of crystals in a deep dark cave somewhere. This begs the question, how did that cave and the crystals and the electricity and proteins get there? Science cannot explain how it got started. The best scientists of our "enlightened" age gave us a guess. A shot in the dark at best and people ate it up and called it truth without really thinking about it.

It doesn't beg any question, scientist have reproduced primordial ooze in the lab. And electricity is even less mystical.

The theory of natural selection is not perfect, but given the evidence scientists uncover everyday, it does seem to have pointed them in the right direction.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder