Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
My Wish...
    #1298273 - 02/11/03 12:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I wish politicians told the truth...
I wish America would let others solve their own problems...
I wish extreme muslims would be cast out of the muslim world...
I wish America would practice what they preach...
I wish Liberals would think instead of feel...
I wish Conservatives had spines...
I wish there were a viable 3rd party choice in America...
I wish America was to some extent or other, isolationist...
I wish political correctness was eliminated...
I wish people would take responsibility for their actions...
I wish it was illegal to sue when you spill coffe on your cooch...
I wish lawyers had a conscience...
I wish medical care wasn't sooo expensive...
I wish social programs that don't benefit the public were eliminated...
I wish welfare was meant as assistance, not a way of life...
I wish corporate criminals were made to pay for their crimes...
I wish the environment wasn't used as an excuse to stop innovation...
I wish oil wasn't needed through alternate sources...
I wish they made electric cars that people actually want to buy...

I have no idea why i posted this, i just thought i would...

what do you wish? (besides wishing that i would shut up :wink: because that won't happen)

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Edited by Innvertigo (02/11/03 02:19 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: My Wish... [Re: Innvertigo]
    #1298287 - 02/11/03 12:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I wish politicians told the truth... me too!

I wish America would let others solve their own problems...me too! but I wish America would also hold its hands up to the part it has to play in creating alot of these problems.

I wish extreme muslims would be cast out of the muslim world...me too! I would also like to see extreme christians thrown out of the Christian world, and extreme hindus and sikhs for that matter.

I wish America would practice what they preach... me too but it depends what exactly they are preaching.

I wish Liberals would think instead of feel...I wish people would drop useless labels that narrow their perceptions...

I wish Conservatives had spines.. see above..

I wish there were a viable 3rd party choice in America...Dont get ahead of yourself 2 viable choices would be a miracle!

I wish America was to some extent or other, isolationist... Me too! sadly you rely on imports and exports too much for that to ever happen.

I wish political correctness was eliminated... surely not all political correctness is bad? dont chuck the baby out with the bath water.

I wish people would take responsibility for their actions... me too!

I wish it was illegal to sue when you spill coffe on your cooch... sounds like a raw nerve!

I wish layers had a conscience... what bricklayers? they can be quite unreliable!

I wish medical care wasn't sooo expensive... Move to the UK then! (My god what am I saying!!)

I wish social programs that don't benefit the public were eliminated...Me too! as long as they are replaced with programs that do benefit.

I wish welfare was meant as assistance, not a way of life...me too!

I wish corporate criminals were made to pay for their crimes...me too!

I wish the environment wasn't used as an excuse to stop innovation...I wish greed wasnt used an excuse to destroy the environment.

I wish oil wasn't needed through alternate sources...me too!

I wish they made electric cars that people actually want to buy...me too! probably just needs a really sharp ad campaign or the oil wells to run dry.

Wow, never knew we had so much in common!!

--------------------
Always Smi2le

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1298289 - 02/11/03 12:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i wish people didnt kill each other so oftern
i wish my car started this morning
i wish history was forgotten
i wish religion wasnt an excuse
i wish comunisum worked
i wish some one else would make my next cup of coffee
i wish for less drama
i wish!

i wish i could spell

--------------------
er

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1298294 - 02/11/03 12:50 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It's funny you mention that you wish Conservatives had spines, cuz I wish Liberals would.

Also...
Quote:

I wish welfare was meant as assistance, not a way of life...

It is for most people. Only a small minority of welfare recipients stay on welfare their whole life.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Edited by silversoul7 (02/11/03 12:52 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: My Wish... [Re: silversoul7]
    #1298429 - 02/11/03 02:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

****Only a small minority of welfare recipients stay on welfare their whole life****

that is debateable....

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1298434 - 02/11/03 02:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

True, but I seriously doubt that more than 30% stay on welfare. Probably less than that, but I'm saying 30% to be on the safe side. It's certainly not the majority.

--------------------

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: My Wish... [Re: GazzBut]
    #1298487 - 02/11/03 02:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

****me too! but I wish America would also hold its hands up to the part it has to play in creating alot of these problems.****

if i had my wish they would never have created (if they have at all) these problems...

****I would also like to see extreme christians thrown out of the Christian world, and extreme hindus and sikhs for that matter.****

Being a christian by belief, i agree with you. I cannot stand those that feel so self-rightious that they feel that we should live as they do or we are going to hell, should be killed, homocide bombed, put away or seem lower than them.

****I wish people would drop useless labels that narrow their perceptions****

i wish that it was possible.

****surely not all political correctness is bad? ****

i find all political correctness wrong. I think for example using the word "nigger" doesn't fall under political correctness, rather just plain rude.

****sounds like a raw nerve!****

no, it falls under the self-responsibilty wish.

****Move to the UK then! (My god what am I saying!!)****

nice place to visit but i wouldn't want to live there.

****Me too! as long as they are replaced with programs that do benefit.****

how can a benefit that does not benefit be replaced with one that does? I'd rather see the pork eliminated and not replaced with a more government controlled social program.

****I wish greed wasnt used an excuse to destroy the environment.****

me too

****...me too! probably just needs a really sharp ad campaign or the oil wells to run dry.****

neccesity is the mother of invention. America is very well at adapting to technological changes, if the oil wells run dry a new market will open up...it's not really all that bad.

****Wow, never knew we had so much in common!! ****

we differ on just how to accomplish these goals.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

#1298491 - 02/11/03 02:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

i find all political correctness wrong. I think for example using the word "nigger" doesn't fall under political correctness, rather just plain rude.

I agree with you in the sense that much of what we now call political correctness should, as it was in the past, just be considered common decency.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: My Wish... [Re: silversoul7]
    #1298673 - 02/11/03 04:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

30% is a lot.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: My Wish... [Re: Anonymous]
    #1298691 - 02/11/03 04:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i was guessing around 40-50% but i'm not sure (not that they would have a stat for that mind you)

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1299504 - 02/11/03 08:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"I wish Liberals would think instead of feel..."

Conservatives feel instead of thinking all the time. Any resistance to the legalization of gay marriage is certainly not based on anything other than blind emotional response.

It should be pointed out that the desire to punish criminals instead of rehabilitating them is certainly a more conservative stance, and certainly based more on emotion than rational thought.

The difference between the left and the right is not so much a different balance of reason and emotion, as a difference in philosophy. The left feels that equality is the most important factor in governing a people, while the right feels that profit is more important.

"I wish there were a viable 3rd party choice in America... "

Gotta agree there. Not only a 3rd party, a 4th and 5th party would be nice as well.

"I wish political correctness was eliminated... "

I guess I kind of agree. I hate it when people use confusing and illogical terms to describe certain people just because it suits their own views. For instance, "suicide bomber" is a pretty clear tern. Someone who blows themselves up in a bomb attack. Can you believe there are actually people stupid enough to think "homocide bomber" is a good alternative? It's confusing as hell. Isn't any bombing a homocide bombing? Whether you change a perfectly functional term to be more gentle, or more harsh, you're still being a jackass.

"I wish it was illegal to sue when you spill coffe on your cooch..."

Hell yeah. The US has some really fucked up litigation problems.

"I wish medical care wasn't sooo expensive... "

Not me! I'm glad it's it's FREE!

"I wish welfare was meant as assistance, not a way of life... "

It is meant as an assistance, not as a way of life. There are people who abuse it... I don't think anyone should be allowed to stay on welfare for more than a year unless there are special circumstances.

"I wish the environment wasn't used as an excuse to stop innovation... "

Uh... do you really think that environmentalists are people who deep down want to stop innovation? Finding ways to move forward without hurting the environment is true innovation. The very idea that the environment is in danger is an innovative one.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: My Wish... [Re: Phluck]
    #1299550 - 02/11/03 09:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Can you believe there are actually people stupid enough to think "homocide bomber" is a good alternative?

I can't believe your stupid enough not to see the difference between homicide and suicide. Suicide, since you appear to be ignorant of the words meaning, is taking ones own life. Homicide is taking the life of another or others. Do you think for one second they are doing to end their own life, or is it to take the life of another?

A simple suicide could be accomplished without harming another. The intent is to take other lives. Is that clear enough for you?

Quote:

It should be pointed out that the desire to punish criminals instead of rehabilitating them is certainly a more conservative stance, and certainly based more on emotion than rational thought.

Wrong again.... deterence is the desired result of the punishment.

Quote:

while the right feels that profit is more important.

Still not tired of being wrong? The freedom to work hard and know you won't have the government STEAL your money to support some lazy scumbag is what's important. The freedom to be what you wish to be, the freedom to defend yourself, the freedom to say what you wish, and more, are what's important.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: My Wish... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #1299875 - 02/11/03 10:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"Suicide, since you appear to be ignorant of the words meaning, is taking ones own life. Homicide is taking the life of another or others. Do you think for one second they are doing to end their own life, or is it to take the life of another?"

I know what homocide and suicide mean. You could call McVeigh a "homocide bomber", if he had taken his own life in the process, he'd be a "suicide bomber".

There's something a little different from your average bomber when you take you own life in the process. "Homocide bomber" obviously doesn't make this clear, "suicide bomber" does.

"The intent is to take other lives."

Partly, the fact that they are taking their own life in the process is pretty important. That's what the whole martyrdom thing is about.

"Wrong again.... deterence is the desired result of the punishment."

Well, that's what people say. In my experience those who loudly support the death penalty seem to have a strong desire to see blood above all else. I think vengence is a pretty strong factor in people's desire to be "tough on crime".

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: My Wish... [Re: Phluck]
    #1299903 - 02/11/03 11:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You could call McVeigh a "homocide bomber", if he had taken his own life in the process, he'd be a "suicide bomber".

If his principle motivation was to kill others, which it was, he rightly would be called a homicide bomber. If he went out into the woods and only killed himself, he'd be a suicide bomber.

If those scumbags in the middle east only killed themselves, or destroyed property, they'd be suicide bombers. Since their motivation is to kill others FIRST, and be a martyr SECOND, the are homicide bombers. Their principle motivation is to kill.

Or are you going to claim that killing others is secondary?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (02/11/03 11:03 AM)

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1299998 - 02/11/03 11:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So you think ANYONE who heard the term "suicide bomber" thought of a person carrying a bomb out into an open field and detonating it?

hahahahahahaha!

And weren't you the one about a month back saying that words were merely words?

Offlinehongomon
old hand
    #1300001 - 02/11/03 11:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Nice post Innvertigo.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: My Wish... [Re: hongomon]
    #1300007 - 02/11/03 11:43 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sorry but where did you see me say that?

--------------------

Offlinehongomon
old hand
    #1300131 - 02/11/03 12:51 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You've forgotten already? Life must be pretty dreamy for you.

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
 User Gallery

Re: My Wish... [Re: hongomon]
    #1300391 - 02/11/03 02:57 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

So you think ANYONE who heard the term "suicide bomber" thought of a person carrying a bomb out into an open field and detonating it?

So show me where I said that anyone who heard that term thought of a guy in a field blowing himself up.

--------------------

Edited by luvdemshrooms (02/11/03 03:00 PM)

OfflineSkikid16
fungus fan

Loc: In the middle of the nort...
    #1300408 - 02/11/03 03:07 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

In reference to you saying words were just words
Quote:

I'm sorry but where did you see me say that? 

I remember you clearly saying that in the thread where I said that I thought less of Mr. Mushrooms for using the term "towel head".    But that's neither here nor there. :grin:

--------------------
Re-Defeat Bush in '04

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom