Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
The Power of Being Silent
    #1290216 - 02/08/03 04:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Deleted by admin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: The Power of Being Silent [Re: World Spirit]
    #1290280 - 02/08/03 04:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Some things just touch your soul in that "certain" way and you just know whether its good or bad. Its something you can't really talk about, just something you can feel with your heart. Sounds like you're going with the flow to me.  :grin: 

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflineGrav
 User Gallery

#1290379 - 02/08/03 05:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i think i have a nack(sp?) for sensing people's intentions when they talk

are they trying to prove something to someone else or themselves?
are they inflating their ego, showing off their 'social skills' ?
are they genuinely interested in a conversation or are they just keeping it going for space filler?
or do they just like to talk cuz it makes them happy to socialize with other people..

either way, i'm careful not too pass judgement on anyone

personally, though i dont want to sometimes, i find myself swishing around in all of those categories
but i really cant stand cheap talk, makes me feel like a fuckin puppet with que-cards

children of generation _: enter room: begin dialogue.

Offlineminusrestraint
i came to BRINGTHE PAIN. andthe punch :D.

Loc: a star but i see you fine
Re: The Power of Being Silent [Re: Grav]
    #1290385 - 02/08/03 05:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i dont like listening to people that much anymore. it usually sounds like they're doing whatever they can to stick to small talk and avoid getting invested into the conversation.

--------------------
"is there a doctor in the house?
we like fuck that, nut sacks in yo mouth
lemme show you what a thug about
we can talk or we can slug it out"
-cisco kid

Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
    #1290566 - 02/08/03 07:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

As the mods have aptly demonstrated, the power to make others silent is powerful too.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: The Power of Being Silent [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1290638 - 02/08/03 08:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"Some things just touch your soul in that "certain" way and you just know whether its good or bad. Its something you can't really talk about, just something you can feel with your heart. Sounds like you're going with the flow to me."

I can't agree with that..... "you just know whether its good or bad"

no you just THINK whether its good or bad, based on your subjective opinions and experiences.

For instance, lets say you believe in God like Enter, and you read something about the glory and grace of God, and think "hey this is great reading" and you just "KNOW" that its right. Somebody who doesn't believe could read the same thing and think "what kinda bullshit IS this?!"

Its all subjective. Conversation will only "kill" with the closed-minded.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1290689 - 02/08/03 08:49 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Power of Being Silent [Re: Shroomism]
    #1291660 - 02/08/03 05:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Deleted by admin

Invisiblei3Ei
duplicate
    #1291690 - 02/08/03 05:35 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I understand what you mean. I assume your comment about your "Christian-like ideas" spans beyond the scope of just this one thread?

You may be Christian, but we are all human.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1291706 - 02/08/03 05:41 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If I truly listen to someone with all my being then I get pulled into the conversation/book/article/etc and the person too; as though the exchangte of information has it's own transcendant effect. It could be labeled "the spirit of the conversation," or "the coversation has it's own spirit to it."
If I find what I perceive to be deception my soul kind of fades out and goes inward for information.

I've definitely felt this way before!

Sometimes I will be talking to someone, and, for lack of a better word, we will be really "into" the conversation. We'll be looking at each other intently, nodding our heads and blurting out sounds of agreement or disagreement, and sometimes even interrupting each other in our haste to voice whatever it is we have to say. These are the types of conversations I find very enjoyable. I like how you said the conversation has its own transcendant effect and used the phrase the "spirit" of the conversation. That's a great way of describing it.

But other times I'll be talking to someone, and it is simply talking for the sake of talking. It is conversing for the sole purpose of avoiding that "awkward" silence. It's like sometimes we just can't be in the room with someone without hearing each other blabber. These types of conversations I hate. It sounds like everything coming out of the person's mouth is not real or meaningful at all.

I'm not sure if this is what you were talking about when you said "If I find what I perceive to be deception my soul kind of fades out and goes inward for information," but this is exactly how I feel in those situations. I just get this big feeling of fakeness or deception and turn inward to get away from it. When someone tries to have one of these conversations with me, I am very distant and non-responsive. I would rather there just be silence. That would be more comfortable for me.

Oh, and why don't we pet each other like we pet dogs?

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Re: The Power of Being Silent [Re: Grav]
    #1291726 - 02/08/03 05:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

personally, though i dont want to sometimes, i find myself swishing around in all of those categories; but i really cant stand cheap talk.  it makes me feel like a fuckin puppet with cue-cards

saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame here!

i think that's why i would choose to come on the shroomery and talk with you folks through these posts rather than sit and make small talk with my roommates most times.  here we don't make small talk.  we talk about important and intellectual ideas.  it's much better than talking with most "real" people i know.

is that bad?!  :crazy:

-rebelsteve

--------------------
Namaste.

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Power of Being Silent [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1292468 - 02/09/03 04:13 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Deleted by admin

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1292728 - 02/09/03 06:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"There is a sense of completion I get in documenting (and therefore processing) what's on my mind. If I am wrong I can go back and read what I say so that I can learn to what degree I can put trust in my words. Likewise, it brings further clarity in the moment to discuss what I'm thinking."

"If I am wrong.." When and where have you felt that you were "wrong" around here? You defend your fundamental beliefs like a cornered rottweiler.

It seems you "put trust" in all of your words..... you always seem to "KNOW" instead of just "THINK."

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

#1293035 - 02/09/03 08:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not exactly sure why I added that in there... I was really stoned! :grin:

But it is something that I've wondered about before.  We communicate with dogs without conversing, and we have great relationships with them.  All we have to do is pet them and say weird, nonsense stuff to them in that "talking to dogs" tone of voice we have that makes them wiggle their bottoms so excitedly.  If you've ever owned a dog, you know what I'm talking about! :laugh:

Humans seem so stuck in verbal language.  None of my friends has ever greeted me by saying "stevie wevie... you're such a good boy... yes you are... you're such a good boy," while they smile and pet me.  I think that would be so cool if people did that!  The farthest we go in that direction is hugging, or a pat on the head or back. 

I just think we might have better relationships with people if we interracted more like the way we interract with dogs.  Our system of language and communication is very unnatural when compared to the rest of the natural world, and it is my belief that venturing far from nature can never be a positive thing. 

So that's what I meant when I wondered why we don't pet each other like we pet dogs.  Will you now respond to the rest of my post?  Sorry if I led the thread a little off-topic with that THC induced comment! :smile:

-RebelSteve 

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1294216 - 02/09/03 04:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

:grin:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
    #1294488 - 02/09/03 06:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

You guys took me all wrong. I'll explain it this way: There is a sense of completion I get in documenting (and therefore processing) what's on my mind. If I am wrong I can go back and read what I say so that I can learn to what degree I can put trust in my words. Likewise, it brings further clarity in the moment to discuss what I'm thinking.
I'm not trying to be a know-it-all or devilishly condescending and distant. Far from it, I'm just passionate about what I feel and see and it obviously comes out in my writing. I have the need as well to look at my life with great intensity (e.g. To Know Thyself).
I truly mean peace for all who post here and you can take that statement and ignore it if you want. I realize I will be misunderstood by a portion of you because of my Christian-like ideas and my OCD-like intensity which consistently reveals ego. Hopefully, I will at some point expound on some form of information that will make you no longer loathe my very existence in an angry-sick-clown-kind-of-way. 

In reply to: ........

Heh.. I proved your point.. or you proved it rather... the power in silence. I was just trying to be silent and see how you would react. Thanks for participating  :grin: 

--------------------

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: The Power of Being Silent [Re: Shroomism]
    #1297504 - 02/10/03 04:29 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Deleted by admin

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom