Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

Loc: One Mile High... Flag
Re: California weed vs Amsterdam [Re: kechlesurf]
    #12963317 - 07/27/10 07:31 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Haha...  All you skeptics can suck it.  I'll be smoking a bowl, which is better than yours. :wink:

"Recent Swiss trials in outdoor plots of clones grown at different altitudes have shown that there is correlation between higher altitude and increased potency (although there seems to be a trade off in yield). This likely means that THC-rich resins act to protect the plant and its seed from both higher light intensities and ultraviolet presence. It's no surprise that cannabis has developed a chemical to protect itself against the Sun's damaging UV rays, as they can be injurious to all forms of life."

http://www.cannabisculture.com/articles/2159.html

That said...  It's just like food.  Some people like apples, some like bananas, some like processed-ass hot dogs.  I like my shit organic, in living soil (complete with my own varieties of trichoderma), and always cured for at least 3 weeks.

Quote:

kechlesurf said:
For your name to be Science Guy, you sir are pretty uneducated

You're the one who didn't know some basic facts about THC production being influenced by environmental factors.  If I hadn't mentioned it, you probably still wouldn't know.  Keep priding yourself on assuming you're smarter than the professionals.  Just because I don't source everything I say DOES NOT mean I make it up.

--------------------
"Freedom starts between the ears."

Edward Abbey

Edited by scienceguy (07/27/10 07:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

Re: California weed vs Amsterdam [Re: scienceguy]
    #12963360 - 07/27/10 07:36 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by Prisoner#1 (07/27/10 08:07 PM)

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#12963382 - 07/27/10 07:39 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Edited by Prisoner#1 (07/27/10 08:07 PM)

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

#12963396 - 07/27/10 07:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Personally, I find it has just as much to do with the grower as the genetics.  Both are just as crucial to get right when going for a high quality product.  You can teach retards to play basketball all day, but if you start with tall, athletic people...

I find that the "best weed" is very often different from the "most potent weed," though sometimes I am looking for something to just fuck me up...  My personal favorite so is Super Silver Haze from greenhouse seeds.  I ended up with a perfect little christmas tree phenotype that wonderfully exhibits the most desirable traits (IMO) of the strain.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

#12963399 - 07/27/10 07:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kechlesurf said:
Freaking moroon, that is speculation thesis, which is not fact, and you are right, that is a basic fact, speculation done on a study is basic fact, freaking moroon

*pub friendly edit.

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#12963405 - 07/27/10 07:42 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

And scientist once theorized the world was flat, and i bet they still believe that in Colorado

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

Re: California weed vs Amsterdam [Re: Alabama Slim]
    #12963417 - 07/27/10 07:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kechlesurf said:
Fucking moron, that is speculation thesis, which is not fact, and you are right, that is a basic fact, speculation done on a study is basic fact, fucking moron

Quote:

Alabama Slim said:
Straight from your bunghole, cannabis culture is not fact.... it's a rag not suitable for a scientist such as yourselves wiping purposes.

I like you guys...  You don't represent competition at all.  :wink:  See ya later.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

InvisibleAlabama Slim
Chinese river witch

#12963432 - 07/27/10 07:45 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks for making even less sense, then leaving Before proving why your aren't wrong.

OfflineFatChicksNcoke
And psychedelics :D
 User Gallery

#12963444 - 07/27/10 07:46 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

scienceguy said:
Haha...  All you skeptics can suck it.  I'll be smoking a bowl, which is better than yours. :wink:

"Recent Swiss trials in outdoor plots of clones grown at different altitudes have shown that there is correlation between higher altitude and increased potency (although there seems to be a trade off in yield). This likely means that THC-rich resins act to protect the plant and its seed from both higher light intensities and ultraviolet presence. It's no surprise that cannabis has developed a chemical to protect itself against the Sun's damaging UV rays, as they can be injurious to all forms of life."

That said...  It's just like food.  Some people like apples, some like bananas, some like processed-ass hot dogs.  I like my shit organic, in living soil (complete with my own varieties of trichoderma), and always cured for at least 3 weeks.

Quote:

kechlesurf said:

You're the one who didn't know some basic facts about THC production being influenced by environmental factors.  If I hadn't mentioned it, you probably still wouldn't know.  Keep priding yourself on assuming you're smarter than the professionals.

interesting.

however, thats outdoor^^.

indoor is a whole 'nother animal.

the uv rays from the sun increase the THC production in those outdoor plants at higher altitude.

this does not apply to your indoor plants :stonedjerk:

outdoors, you cannot reach the resin production that an indoor plant supplemented with c02 would reach.

so if youre comparing the dankness of INDOOR buds,

your argument is invalid.

crash and burn :cortez2:

--------------------
:bobmarley: Shroomism said:
biting into a juicy delicious piece of fruit while tripping balls is probably up there in my greatest life experiences.:lsdabc:

HappyTrippin said:
I usually combat those kinds of negative statuses with a status of my own.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Buddha

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#12963448 - 07/27/10 07:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

scienceguy said:
Quote:

kechlesurf said:
Fucking moron, that is speculation thesis, which is not fact, and you are right, that is a basic fact, speculation done on a study is basic fact, fucking moron

Quote:

Alabama Slim said:
Straight from your bunghole, cannabis culture is not fact.... it's a rag not suitable for a scientist such as yourselves wiping purposes.

I like you guys...  You don't represent competition at all.  :wink:  See ya later.

Speculation is not fact, bottom line, so learn scientific terms before you use them in an argument

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#12963493 - 07/27/10 07:55 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I agree with you completely, had an argument with some guy several months ago on here saying hed rather have the best seeds given to the shittiest grower than the worst seeds given to the best grower, you are right there

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

#12963571 - 07/27/10 08:12 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

If you don't believe me, you should try for yourself.  Even though some of you seem a little abrasive, you should come to the mountains and try my delicious organic weed.

I admit it's hard to find sources for this kind of shit, but that's because it's illegal, and consequently hard as hell to research.:facepalm:  My own experience has led me to draw certain conclusions based on the things I've seen and the data available.

Also, Cannabis Culture didn't conduct the study, and this is not the first time I have seen this idea presented.  I'm not sure how CC's role as a news source undermines the credibility of the study conducted by Swiss scientists.  Did you expect the scientists to just email their results to you?

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#12963578 - 07/27/10 08:15 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Im fromthe mountains, not denver mountains, but between 4000 and 4800

OfflineFatChicksNcoke
And psychedelics :D
 User Gallery

Re: California weed vs Amsterdam [Re: FatChicksNcoke]
    #12963595 - 07/27/10 08:18 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

FatChicksNcoke said:
Quote:

scienceguy said:

Quote:

kechlesurf said:

You're the one who didn't know some basic facts about THC production being influenced by environmental factors.  If I hadn't mentioned it, you probably still wouldn't know.  Keep priding yourself on assuming you're smarter than the professionals.

interesting.

however, thats outdoor^^.

indoor is a whole 'nother animal.

the uv rays from the sun increase the THC production in those outdoor plants at higher altitude.

this does not apply to your indoor plants :stonedjerk:

outdoors, you cannot reach the resin production that an indoor plant supplemented with c02 would reach.

so if youre comparing the dankness of INDOOR buds,

your argument is invalid.

crash and burn :cortez2:

--------------------
:bobmarley: Shroomism said:
biting into a juicy delicious piece of fruit while tripping balls is probably up there in my greatest life experiences.:lsdabc:

HappyTrippin said:
I usually combat those kinds of negative statuses with a status of my own.

Let us rise up and be thankful, for if we didn't learn a lot today, at least we learned a little, and if we didn't learn a little, at least we didn't get sick, and if we got sick, at least we didn't die; so, let us all be thankful. - Buddha

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#12963625 - 07/27/10 08:24 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Normal regular mail would be fine.  And i wouldnt trust the swiss on cannabis quality, i went there for a glass show about 5 or 6 years ago, and EVERY single person puts more tobacco than weed in their joint, bowl or whatever they are smoking out of and they grow mass quanity of shitty outdoor.  The weed scene there is weak, mexico has better weed that they put in fuel tanks and smuggle across the border

Edited by kechlesurf (07/27/10 08:26 PM)

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

Re: California weed vs Amsterdam [Re: FatChicksNcoke]
    #12963647 - 07/27/10 08:28 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

CO2 supplementation is a joke...  and environmentally irresponsible.  Keep your grow room under 75 and CO2's effect is negligible at best.

Indoor or outdoor, altitude is altitude.  Shit works different at 8,000 to 10,000ft.  You're not growing weed in pressurized container, are you?

If this argument isn't a reason to just legalize it...  Then we could just send our samples to a lab and test them and see who's dick was biggest.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

#12963681 - 07/27/10 08:34 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kechlesurf said:
Normal regular mail would be fine.  And i wouldnt trust the swiss on cannabis quality, i went there for a glass show about 5 or 6 years ago, and EVERY single person puts more tobacco than weed in their joint, bowl or whatever they are smoking out of and they grow mass quanity of shitty outdoor.  The weed scene there is weak, mexico has better weed that they put in fuel tanks and smuggle across the border

Haha... This post actually made me laugh.  Motherfuckers laugh at us because we don't put carcinogens in with our weed.  I do like weed mixed with mullein though.  If you're vaporizing, there are all sorts of herbs you can mix in that will enhance/change/influence the effects of weed, or you can use them alone.  I like lemon balm, dalmatian sage, damiana, lavender, and eucalyptus leaf (among others) in many different combinations.

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#12963689 - 07/27/10 08:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I think CO2 mostly helps with quanity not quality, but i could be wrong, i just know i started pulling more per watt when i introduced CO2

Offlinescienceguy
Instrument
Male

#12963690 - 07/27/10 08:35 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

kechlesurf said:
Normal regular mail would be fine.

Nobody uses normal mail anymore.  Not even scientists.  Not even swiss weed scientists.  In the future, there will be no mail. (duhn duhn DUHN!!!!!)

--------------------

Edward Abbey

Offlinekechlesurf
Stranger
Male User Gallery

#12963702 - 07/27/10 08:38 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I have a friend who likes to cure weed in a cedar box or different kind of wooden boxes, its ok, adds a little spice to it, i wouldnt do it to all my weed, but a little change is fine. 

ScienceGuy, Im hoping to get a vaporizor after outdoor season, what kind of herbs could you use to enhance it?  I am kind of intrigued by this

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals