Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Corncob thoughts and a honey water question..
    #1294951 - 02/10/03 12:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I was reading some of the older posts regarding corncob and its low nutrient content not allowing mushrooms to fruit. What would happen if one was to mix nutrients in with it like BRF or rye flour? Would this work? I picked up a big bag of coarse 'cob and from playing around it seems to hold water quite well, but not as much as vermiculite. It also seems to have a desirable texture to it, resembling coarse vermiculite.

I also read of its use as spawn. I read that due to its low nutrient content that it is more resistant to contamination. Will spores germinate directly on the 'cob with such low nutrients?

One more question, regarding the longevity of honey water. How long is it good for in and out of the fridge? How does one tell when it has gone bad. Will injecting H2O2 into it affect its life span? My theory is the breakdown of peroxide will add oxygen for the mycelium, albeit dissolved in the water. Thoughts on this?

Argh. One more question. Will Cubensis spores germinate on cardboard or do I need a liquid culture? I would like to try this method so I can prepare for the spring  :wink:

--------------------
To give is to live...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleATWAR
Connoisseur

Loc: #108768 in line...
Re: Corncob thoughts and a honey water question.. [Re: ATWAR]
    #1295758 - 02/10/03 06:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

*bump*

Not one answer? I guess time will tell then...

--------------------
To give is to live...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies