Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePsilicon
Really Nice Guy

Re: CAN YOU DUNK GRAIN CAKES? [Re: lapotionmagique]
    #21112254 - 01/13/15 08:08 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

lapotionmagique said:
Well i really want to try to make and grow grain cakes because of simplicity, cleanliness and since the grains are much cheaper than flour (at my place). So thats why i am asking about grains.

I was reading trough this forum to learn from scratch and always when somebody mentioned grain cakes and fruiting them directly everybody more or less changed the topic to bulk (not even to mention confusion created because using word casing for bulk substrates and protective layer...).

Since i dont have a lot of space and since i dont have conditions or knowledge yet how to use hay or manure or... i figured it out grains are probably the best option for me...

Did somebody maybe tried to go bulk with grains? Using grains as a bulk substrate?

I hope i am not reinventing hot water :grin:

You are a little, but that's okay.  Most beginning bulk growers nowadays use vermiculite and coir, which is found as animal bedding and is much easier to deal with than manure or straw.  Are you Quebecois?

--------------------
Agar - what, why and how?  Everything a beginner needs to know.
Oat Prep Tek
Bored?  Please take one of my experiments off my hands.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblelapotionmagique

Re: CAN YOU DUNK GRAIN CAKES? [Re: Psilicon]
    #21112517 - 01/13/15 09:21 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

If coir means coconut fibers i have to say that they aren't usual and are hard to get where i come from. On top of that they are much more expensive than grains, really, the price ratio of grain to coir fibers is at around 1:4 (varies but..). And i am not from Canada but Europe.

I know i am reinventing a little but really, is hard to find some good information even on this great forum about grains if you want use them as substrate and not as spawn... So any examples, teks, experiences would be really welcome :wink:

--------------------

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
Re: CAN YOU DUNK GRAIN CAKES? [Re: lapotionmagique]
    #21112534 - 01/13/15 09:22 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Invisiblelapotionmagique

Re: CAN YOU DUNK GRAIN CAKES? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #21113049 - 01/13/15 11:08 AM (9 years, 2 months ago)

Ok, that is an informative link. I didnt find it by myself, thanks.

--------------------

Edited by lapotionmagique (01/13/15 04:52 PM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom