Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
what sterile steps do i need to take with honey water
    #1277274 - 02/04/03 07:39 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

PC it...Then wipe the needle with rubbing alcohol on a peice of cotton? How long do you need to wait for it to evaporate before you innoculate? 2 days later inject 2cc of proxide...Do I need to wipe the needle before sucking it up? And before I innoculate it into the honey water?

Then when you go to suck the honey water up, I take it you wipe the needle down again...

And before you use the syringes, PC them for 15 minutes....

I got this right?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
Re: what sterile steps do i need to take with honey water [Re: NiGGy]
    #1277283 - 02/04/03 07:43 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

do you mean pc the syringes with the honey mycelium in it? if thats what your talkin about then fuck no that would kill the mycelium.

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

OfflineNiGGy
Stranger
Loc: Nova Scotia, Canada
Re: what sterile steps do i need to take with honey water [Re: A0999]
    #1277292 - 02/04/03 07:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

LOL hell no :smile: 

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: what sterile steps do i need to take with honey water [Re: NiGGy]
    #1277342 - 02/04/03 08:01 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

NiGGy,
you should flame sterilize your needle .
if you are adding h2o2, wait till you see mycelium growth .
i started some spores on cardboard, and am going to inject karo water with h2o2 already in it .

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: what sterile steps do i need to take with honey water [Re: deanofmean]
    #1294671 - 02/09/03 07:40 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

you cannot start spores with h202
that kills spores, only situated mycellium is resistant to it.
thats why its used, to kill off spores of contams before they situate, it wont kill most molds once they grow.

OfflineH2O2shrooms
Couch Potato

Loc: in front of the computer
Re: what sterile steps do i need to take with honey water [Re: Mitchnast]
    #1294854 - 02/09/03 10:17 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Right so take your honey water mix in a jar and pc it for 10 - 20 minutes, you need a way to inject in your lid the old tape and hole trick works well ala PF. if you seal your jar hot do not peel the tape until the air is sterile.The jar will have a vacuum and suck in a great volume of air.
I use the oven tek and have had no prob's.
turn oven on low, open door and work in the hot airflow.
Swab top with alchol, flame needle, peel tape, inject spores. once you have that 5 or 6 days growth of fluffy myc it is safe to add h2o2.

When withdrawing myc for an innoc I inject 1.5 ml of h2o2 into the pint jar, this just ensures that the flame sterilized needle passing through the hole in the lid doesn't bring any contams that survive. Plunge in and out a few times to both mix the h2o2 and break up the myc.

--------------------
Mycology is a lot like quantum mechanics in that we don?t have causal relationships like in Newtonian physics, only probabilities of various outcomes.<=== Misapropriated from Mycofile

Invisiblemalarki
Master Jack ofAll Trades,Realist
Female User Gallery

Loc: Ashittown, USA
Re: what sterile steps do i need to take with honey water [Re: H2O2shrooms]
    #5814267 - 07/03/06 12:20 AM (17 years, 9 months ago)

IMO what i do and it works is Boil the water.. pour it over the honey into the LC jar. Boil the water honey mix with the lid. (1qt jar w/ polyfil through the hole) ever thing is sterile now. Let cool after cooled inject w/ spores. IF you have a spore syringe you bought then the syringe will be sterile other wise I sterilize the spore syringe by butane lighter and alcohol wipes, before injecting the jar. also do the injecting over the oven rack while on low. Let sit for at least a day or to when you see the myc growing (cloudy swirl in the jar) then you would sterilize the syringe and pull the LC into the syringe.

This is not expert advice but I know it works.

--------------------
~*~I'm also an educated guesser, and knowledge seeker :smile: If I haven't done it, I know someone who has. IF I don't know, I know someone who does! I am a realist so deal with it, if you don't like it you can choose to not read it!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds