Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Loc: Comfy chair in my lounger...
I influenced my partners mushroom growth with meditation!
    #1292204 - 02/08/03 09:46 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I read an abstract a while ago about a chinese experiment where the experimenters meditated on the germination of seeds and later plant growth. And the ones they meditated on grew bigger or not so big depending on which way the experimenters meditated. Anyway, I projected some growthful meditation at  my partners mushies and that batch were really bluddy big compared to the subsequent batches. The cakes didn't sprout as many times as they were supposed to though -it might have drained the cakes.  :grin:
I might paste the abstract.  Might come in handy if you ever need an extra big batch some day. Hehe.  :grin:

So called primitive peoples of the world share a philosophy that human interaction via ceremony or ritual can affect the natural world. Is it possible to affect the germination and growth of plants by imbuing them with an intent to stimulate or inhibit them? We conducted a double blind series of experiments to determine whether a process of meditation on the water (referred to as "treated") given to a controlled planting of green peas or wheat would affect their germination. Peas were given water treated with stimulating intent. Statistical analysis was done using contingency table, Fisher's test, and Mantel-Haenszel analysis. The germination rate of 504 seeds receiving treated water with stimulating intent was 60.3% compared to 51.8% for the 504 controls (p=0.006, 0.047, 0.003 respectively). A similar experiment was conducted with wheat with the intent of inhibiting germination. The germination rate of 2970 wheat seeds receiving treated water with inhibitory intent was 70.7% versus 74.9% for 2970 controls (p<0.001, 0.0001, 0.001 respectively). During the sixth run of the wheat (inhibition) experiment, the seedlings were harvested and individually weighed on the tenth day after planting to determine whether there was any difference in growth. The mass of the treated seedlings was statistically significantly lower (mean=97 mg versus 106 mg for the controls) when compared by analysis of variance (p=0.000056). We conclude that meditation upon the water supplied to green peas and wheat can affect their germination rates and growth.

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKingCobWeb
journeyman
Re: I influenced my partners mushroom growth with meditation! [Re: enotake2]
    #1292254 - 02/08/03 10:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I am psyched to see this information!
I have been doing experiments involving singing to my cakes as they colonize, and holding them and thinking positive thoughts to them.

I also had (HAD) a couple of cakes that I would speak mean and evil things to, and project my problems onto. Those cakes became infected and didnt do well.

Then ones I sing to do much better.

I want everyone here to help with this experiment: sing to some of your cakes, and hold the jars.
And some of them cuss at and call them names and insult them.

Post the results.

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

Re: I influenced my partners mushroom growth with meditation! [Re: KingCobWeb]
    #1292280 - 02/08/03 10:55 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That's really interesting re the plants getting infected. I don't know if I could do that though - I think I'd feel mean. Would do the singing one though!I wonder if you get better trips from the ones you project positive thoughts to. Maybe we could do one batch with the singing/postive thoughts and the growth thoughts and report resulting size and trip quality, and one where we do nothing. What do you think?

--------------------
Computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music.

"Being bitter and hateful is like drinking a vial of poison and hoping the other person gets sick" FreakQLibrium

"My motto from here on out is: If someone or something (including me) in my life is conducting themselves in such a way that they can be seen on Jerry Springer, it's time to take out the garbage!!! When you stop taking their behaviour personally and see their antics as a true reflection on their character, it becomes absolutely nauseating." Anon. on abusive relationships.

Offlinemikejwill
dreamer

Loc: Midwest,usa
    #1292341 - 02/09/03 02:31 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This is not only true, this is scientific...
you see as thoughts are nothing more than energy, you are are actually giving energy to, or manifesting it for yourself, or others as the case may be.

Another intersting thing i'd like to point out is that i can totally tell the difference in energy between mexi-schwag, and love given domestic lol

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1292343 - 02/09/03 02:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

interesting. i've read before the results of meditation on plants, and it always intrigued me.

please could you repeat the experiment in a growlog? i'd love to see that - grow out enough substrate for at least 4 or 6 casings/cakes. meditate on half of them. label all casings/cakes ahead of time, so we can all see that it's true (this is why i suggest casings). the other half work as control experiments - the greater the number of casings (or cakes) in the experiment, the higher the significance, from zero up. decide ahead of time how you will measure your results - fruit size, speed, weight, whatever. potency is too vague.

:laugh:

--------------------
buh

Anonymous

Re: I influenced my partners mushroom growth with meditation! [Re: shirley knott]
    #1292350 - 02/09/03 02:45 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Would playing music for them help them grow you think? Cause it does for plants.

Offlinemikejwill
dreamer

Re: I influenced my partners mushroom growth with meditation! [Re: fee]
    #1292377 - 02/09/03 03:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

music?? i would think that certain good music would be good for them, but other depressing, or agitating music would be bad. (i think it's more about the vibration)

and i for one won't be doing a grow log experiment because why would i want to curse my mushrooms???? LOL

Anonymous

#1292382 - 02/09/03 03:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You guys realize that this doesnt actually work, right? ;p

Anonymous

Re: I influenced my partners mushroom growth with meditation! [Re: ]
    #1292390 - 02/09/03 03:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I was thinking that I would play PHISH for my mushies I would think that would be appropriate

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: I influenced my partners mushroom growth with meditation! [Re: fee]
    #1292410 - 02/09/03 03:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Let me tell you all, and I have experience here, plants like Mauro Picotto. :smile:

Maybe mushies do, too?

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Offlinemikejwill
dreamer

Re: I influenced my partners mushroom growth with meditation! [Re: BigJohnson]
    #1292419 - 02/09/03 03:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

LOL
well i like bob marley myself, but i also like a rebellious trip :wink:

and while we're on the subject, i like to throw some nice crystals and stones around my terrarrium  :cool:

Edited by mikejwill (02/09/03 03:39 AM)

OfflineTekNut

Loc: TX Gulf Coast
    #1292670 - 02/09/03 05:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Here's some reading for you: http://www.stichtingtrinity.nl/Trinity/Britxt/Bmeditat.htm

Peace,
-TekNut-

"I have an existential map; it has ?you are here? written all over it."
- Steven Wright

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I influenced my partners mushroom growth with meditation! [Re: TekNut]
    #1292780 - 02/09/03 06:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

thanks teknut, but i was frightened off by the religious imagery. anyone got any scientific research data? abstracts, anything.

"when i smoke grass, i touch my penis"

--------------------
buh

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: I influenced my partners mushroom growth with meditation! [Re: shirley knott]
    #1292795 - 02/09/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

"when i smoke grass, i touch my penis" 

I was under the impression that "Shirley's" don't normally have a penis. :smile:

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#1293195 - 02/09/03 09:14 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Okay, we'll do it. Have some mycelium growing in their incubator at the moment, so shouldn't be too long before they're ready to fruit. We'll measure by weight. The significance will increase with more people doing it with us too. Any volunteers? Then we can publish in 'Naure'.  Just kidding , we can publish here. :grin:

--------------------

Offlineenotake2
Stop Bush's war
 User Gallery

#1294165 - 02/09/03 04:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone else want to participate?

--------------------

Invisiblez@z.com
Libertarian
Loc: ATL
Re: I influenced my partners mushroom growth with meditation [Re: enotake2]
    #1294178 - 02/09/03 04:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think someone has been eating a few too many mushrooms.

--------------------
"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." - C.S. Lewis

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniencies attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate