Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Reflecting
    #1293982 - 02/09/03 05:32 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

I have noticed I take little time-outs from life for just a little while to reflect my past, or present. I have more recently done so looking back- but when I look back, I don't desire the event to be looked back upon so much as my mindstate at the time. Does anyone get this?

Like being a child was so fun for many reasons, and different ages were so different from each-other. Now I just do the same thing over and over again to where I can't get out of this mindstate and I get really boared. The only short-term cure for this is mushrooms. On mushrooms I feel like I have every single good feeling from all my past mindsets, ya know?

Like I'm watching TV shows from the 80's or something sometimes and I think they are so ulgy and crappy, but I still have an urge to watch them. I think what I get out of it is recalling myself during those times and how my life felt so different.

Does this make sense to any of you? If so, do you ever get this?  :confused:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

Edited by Murex (02/09/03 06:00 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
Re: Reflecting [Re: Murex]
    #1294072 - 02/09/03 06:00 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

so basically its like the "soul" of the experience when you were young? if so i feel the same way, and ive been trying to recall all those experiences cause i think it teaches me something about myself and my own soul and the world around me. maybe you feel like now like no new experiences are coming to you? when we take shrooms i think we look within and you start seeing all those "soul" moments. This is a strange situation, cause like for the past two years almost ive lost all those "soul" moments or mindstates from my childhood and until i took shrooms not too long ago i was really getting down and in the routine of the pointless "space monkey" existance and starting to accept it. and not until i took shrooms could i break free and feel that soul that mindstate from childhood. maybe our childhood is our pure essence and when you reflect to those mindstates you are only seeing a greater part of yourself. But the funny thing about this is, its like when i look back into these mindstates its like im not even here in "this reality" , its like im in the future or some great utopian advanced world and i think about what it must have been like all growing up. maybe that was those fleeting day dreams that always made my mind wander off. but ive felt a great need as of late to go back through and push into that mindstate, maybe its becoming who i really am and breaking open a new reality, i dont know.

i will draw out my mushroom experience a bit in relation to reflection :wink:

ive posted this before but its probably long forgotten

i was at the peak maybe? We decidedd to smoke some weed out of my friends pipe, and after taking a few hits i wandered off and started getting real curious about his glass pipe. So im looking into it and i start to notice a reflection ... but not like a distorted reflection so pure and lucid i thought the pipe was a reflecting portal into my own dream or my soul. The pipe reflected and image like I was walking on this beautiful grass with trees to the left of me and beautiful white clouds in the sky, and me looking up at it in complete amazement.

exit vision, exit pipe... self realization of self reflection... triggered memories from (past), visions of the future imprinted on me as a child? i dont know ... lol just one of my experiences

but from what you post it seems as if i can relate.  :grin:

:laugh:

--------------------
What?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Reflecting [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1294087 - 02/09/03 06:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, that's what I'm talking about. I'm glad you understood what I was saying.  :grin:

I used to daydream a lot when I was little or alyays drawing. Sometimes I can't recall what was real from what I was day dreaming. Some of my earliest daydreams were very trippy and strange. It reminded me of my Salvia experience (or the other way around).

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#1294241 - 02/09/03 07:02 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

yeah man lol, about halfway through my life so far i looked back at all the times i day dreamed and i couldnt remember what parts of my life really took place and what i day dreamed. i think my earliest day dreams are way out there like in the ethereal (sp?) plain. and now im really wondering if i WAS there for like split seconds when you travel way off in day dreaming and then you come back and your just more of a glarry eyed wandering child than before :smile: :laugh:  :grin:

--------------------
What?

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1294265 - 02/09/03 07:08 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

Have you ever heard of "recapitulation"? Its a technique where you sit down and try to remember as much as you can from your past. Not only recall the memories, but also try to re-live those experiences and make them as real as you can. Its a good way to tie up loose ends that you didn't even know were there. The more I do it, the more I remember. Its a great feeling to remember a good childhood experience after its been completely lost for 10-15 years! Remember, its all still in there somewhere. I totally agree with you about Salvia, I sometimes find myself back in my crib looking up at the ceiling or playing with some old forgotten toy when I smoke it!

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Edited by peruvian spark (02/09/03 07:23 PM)

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Reflecting [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1297328 - 02/10/03 05:18 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

recapitulation

Yeah, I did that on acid before. My roomate was cracking up cuz I went thru my life experiences out loud (I had to for some reason).

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

#1297453 - 02/10/03 06:03 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

have you in your life not talked to people too much about the experiences? the last time i took acid i was confronted to all my fears and those experience at the time and i felt like i just had to say them as well. maybe acid is a "confession"drug for some?

--------------------
What?

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Re: Reflecting [Re: Zero7a1]
    #1297458 - 02/10/03 06:05 PM (14 years, 5 months ago)

It was originally supposed to be truth serum.  :tongue:

--------------------
Isn't quite as it seems?
Is an elaborate dream?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon Salvia

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology