Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Peat, pH Test Strips, Vermiculite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
first popcorn grow, need advice
    #1293806 - 02/09/03 04:14 PM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Im gonna be growing creepers on popcorn here as soon as i get my syringes in, i have 3 one pint jars, (cant find jars here cause they out of season) and im gonna have mayonaise and jelly jars soon. does it matter how big the jar is, could i use one qaurt, or more? and can i case it with jiffy mix, they should call it shroom mix cause the ingredients is peat/fine horticulture grade vermiculite and lime as a ph buffer. heat is also a problem, cause i have to grow them in my room, wich is in the basement that is 55-60 f all day and all night, so i think i gotta heat my fruiting and incubating chambers. what kinda yeild do most people get from the average popcorn casing?

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: first popcorn grow, need advice [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1294901 - 02/10/03 01:19 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

read this first.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=1152356&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

no problem with jars.
make an incubator
look fungifun.org for that

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

InvisibleHippie3
mycotopiate
 User Gallery

Loc: mycotopia.net
    #1294959 - 02/10/03 02:53 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

quart jars are proly the most efficient, that's how most do it at least.
jiffy mix makes a decent casing material.
60's is pretty cold, esp. during the critical germination phase. growth will be slow so adding some heat is wise.
yields are always highly variable, but here's a pic of a popcorn casing [verm.] fruiting to give you an idea.

photos from mycotopia

--------------------
Admin @ mycotopia.net
Mycotopia

Offlinehappygrins
addict

Loc: Shroomery
Re: first popcorn grow, need advice [Re: Hippie3]
    #1294990 - 02/10/03 03:28 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

Very Nice as always.  Has anyone who's used popcorn noticed a difference in potency?  Higher or lower rate of contams?

Thanks

--happygrins :grin:

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1295183 - 02/10/03 05:15 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

hippie do you know the parameters of that popcorn casing, heat, humidity, fanning, etc., i like that flush and would like to try and produce one like that myself, and also how many flushes could i expect to get from a casing the same size as that one?

--------------------

Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

InvisiblePsychoslut
 User Gallery
    #1295192 - 02/10/03 05:21 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

also i see people with what looks like a cottonball sticking from the grain jar, is this necesary, and how do i perform this in a sterile way, and do i need a seperate inoc point or do i use the cottonball hole/????

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1295551 - 02/10/03 07:17 AM (14 years, 7 months ago)

the cottonball is called polyfill, it's the polyester stuff that pillows are stuffed with. make a small (1/8") hole in the lid of your jar, and pull enough polyfill through it to make it nice and tight. this allows for a certain amount of air to circulate, while helping to avoid contamination. I would not suggest inoculating through the polyfill.

Of course, a better solution is the micron magick filter disks, which are cheap and more effective than polyfill. Do a search and you'll find these quite easily.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Peat, pH Test Strips, Vermiculite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation