Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
Shroomies In Northern B.C.?
    #1286589 - 02/06/03 06:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I would like to know if they are any Mushrooms, Not necesarilly hallucinegenic but just edilble or a Psylocibe whichever that would grow in the northern areas or B.C. Up near Quesnel and so on?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Shroomies In Northern B.C.? [Re: FocusHawaii]
    #1286664 - 02/06/03 06:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'd guess that Psilocybe semilanceata, and possibly Panaeolus subbalteatus would grow in your region...however, Im not from Canada.

Those are the two active mushrooms, as far as edibles, its just up to you and look around in any nearby forests :wink:

Psilocybe semilanceata grow in cow/horse pastures, however they DO NOT grow directly from the dung, as they like the nutrient rich grass that is enriched by the dung.

Panaeolus subbalteatus can be found in horse manure, mainly in horse stables, growing directly from the manure.

Check out this link for future reference as well..

http://shroomery.org/faq/faq.php?display=faq&nr=166&catnr=30&prog=2&lang=en

OfflineShRo_0My
KillaHo

Loc: overTHErainbow, BC
    #1293383 - 02/09/03 10:25 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

mushrooms hunting F A Q

look before you post dude, all the answers are there.

--------------------
Evil is anointed, get disappointed
Guillotine to your spleen
You'll get defeated, you can't beat it, join it

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
Re: Shroomies In Northern B.C.? [Re: ShRo_0My]
    #1293673 - 02/09/03 01:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i checked, but usual people think of B.C. as Vancouver and there is nothing up north, there should really be sections like Northern B.C. and Southern. ect.

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #1301448 - 02/12/03 03:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have picked many shrooms in the lwer part of BC
I was born up north but have lived down here since about 12 so I cant tell you about shrooms up north but certain shrooms down here may grow up there

Try looking up P.scriptipes(rare) but I found it! :grin: also VERY potent (try 35 or maore adult shrooms, Iiked it although having what seemed to be powerful entities yelling at me wasa little weird  :wink: I mean beings of unthinkable porportions !!!

anyway feeling like the water in the back of the fish tank was nice

sorry....
also look for p.stunzii used to be my fav its all over and I loved it 
then I meet fair lady scvriptipes
check out info on CYANS although I cant find them(these are not rare)

and another one of my favs
beaocysitis (spelling?)  very strong

IN FACT
cyan beaocysitis and scriptipes are the strongest the west has to offer

unless you are down in mexico! :grin:
and even then I bet these shrooms are close to mexicana :blush: 

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Shroomies In Northern B.C.? [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1301560 - 02/12/03 03:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

P. cyanescens, P. baeocystis and P. azurescens are the US potent species foillowed by Copelandia cyanescens in the Southeast USA.

P. strictipes was for more than twnety-five years thought tp be similar to P. baeocystis. This was due to a misidentification by SInger And Smith who wrote the first Psilocybne monograph in Mycologia 50. In that journal theydescribed P. strictipes as being just like P. baeocystis and macroscopically alike.

Other books including Paul Stamets first book Psilocybe mushrooms and their Allies copied the info and spread the misinformation even further, then Gary Lincoff did the same error in his book Hallucinogenic and Poiisonous Mushrooms, then Richard and Keren Haard put the error into their book and Dr. Steven Pllock, creator of Matias Romero strain and the Cosmic Camote (sclerotia) put it into his book. They all copied it, including me, who incluided the information in my first edition of Magic Mushrooms of the Pacific Northwest. Eventually others carried the saem error in many articles and journals.

There is a lot of mis-information still being spread around oiver this controversy and also on Panaeolina foenisecii and Panaeolus sphinctrinus.

It takes between twenty to foorty sprictipes to be equal to 3-5 dried grams of P. cubensis. Baeocystis is very potent in a fresh stage but generally loses more than 80% of its potency in drying.

While P. azurescens shrooms are potent when freesh, many lose more than half their potency when dried for more than four months.

P. cyanescens and P. semilanceata (the liberty cap) hold their potency the best.

Anyway, P. strictipes is like for every 20-40 liberty caps which you pick, 2-3 are probably P. strictipes.

mj

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates