Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDutchbrewed
Metaphysical
 User Gallery

Straw as part of spawn bag recipe *DELETED*
    #12924960 - 07/20/10 02:28 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Dutchbrewed

Reason for deletion: ?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebw86
Doesn't play well with others

Loc: 7b
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Straw as part of spawn bag recipe [Re: Dutchbrewed]
    #12924967 - 07/20/10 02:29 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i use straw in every single one of my filterpatch bags.
Mini suplimented straw logs

Edited by bw86 (07/20/10 02:31 PM)

OfflineDutchbrewed
Metaphysical
 User Gallery

Re: Straw as part of spawn bag recipe [Re: bw86]
    #12924982 - 07/20/10 02:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

how many flushes do you normally average before a contamination? and do you add it dry as is, or do you prep it by boiling for an hour in 170 degree water?

See... in your tek you just pasteurized, I'm going the root of PCing because I'm working on an LC grow. I guess I probably should have added that little bit of information

Edited by Dutchbrewed (07/20/10 02:43 PM)

Offlinebw86

Trusted Cultivator
    #12925038 - 07/20/10 02:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i have got up 6- 8 flushes in the past
but usually only 2 good ones.
if planted outside im sure they would do wonders with multiple large flushes!
i pasteurize everything in a pillowcase at 165F for 1-2 hours and let drip dry over night.

OfflineDutchbrewed
Metaphysical
 User Gallery

#12925059 - 07/20/10 02:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Would you not recommend going the route of PC? I might just pasteurize, but I'm just wondering what your ratio was. It was mostly straw right? rather than mostly manure and verm?

EDIT!!!! : I found a good post regarding exactly what I needed to know from Blue Helix. Thanks for the help

Edited by Dutchbrewed (07/20/10 03:19 PM)

Offlinebw86

Trusted Cultivator
    #12927567 - 07/20/10 10:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

hey man, the ratio is all you, its your preference
The link i posted were like 80% straw
but ill use anything from 10%- 80% straw for bags
but seriously any ratio will work.
i feel diversity is key in substrates.
i have got cubes to fruit off cedar chips just because there was some coir and verm mixed in.

Offlinear1es
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#12928219 - 07/21/10 01:36 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Hmm

Im new here too but maybe I can help. I know a lot of people get confused between spawn and substrate and the ingredients.

If you are trying to to go bulk. to do this youre gonna want to make spawn bags to then go to a larger substrate.

Spawn bags are usually full of only ingredient not including gypsum and water. rye berries, wild bird seed, millet, popcorn, cracked corn, and even BRF/Verm Mixes are the most common. most pros use organic rye berries i think

wash off the rye and then Let the rye soak overnight in a bunch of water and coffee and gypsum, dry them out, pack the bags and then sterilize the bas in the Pressure cooker at 15 psi for an hour and a half, let cool overnight then inoculate using spores/LC/agar/g2g under sterile conditions (glove box, flow hood)

You inoculate the spawn bags then once they are fully colonized you mix that in with a bulk substrate. the bulk substrate will then fully colonize and you have this like big ass brick of white mycelium that you can fruit

For a bulk substrate the more ingredients and different kinds of material you use the better. Horse Poo, Cow manure, Chicken manure, straw, spent coffee grounds, coco coir, vermiculte are all the main substrate ingredients i can think up right now.

to prepare the bulk substrate you want to pasteurize the materials not sterilize them so no pc will be needed just maintain an internal temp between 140-160 for an hour or so. once the substrate cools you mix it in with your fully colonized grain/wbs spawn bags. the lower the ratio the better. a 1:1 ratio of spawn to substrate will colonize a lot faster than a 1:2 or a 1:3 etc. you really dont want to go over a 1:5 unless you are using straw and then you can go to a 1:10 ratio so if you have a gallon bag full of spawn you can use 10 gallons of straw.

after letting the bulk substrate colonize in the same condidtions that you had the spawn bags/jars until the bulk substrate now is 100% colonized you can go ahead and put in fruiting conditions.

Gypsum is added by the elders and professional growers so its good to add a bit to the spawn soak and then the substrate mix

so you have

spawn

then substrate

mix the two

give it a week or so

then fruit in different conditions possibly with casing

now you dont have to spawn to bulk if you dont want to

if you have a few gallons of fully colonized rye or wbs you can just pour the spawn into a tray, case it with a casing layer (this is where the hydrated lime comes into play)  and you can get fruit a bit faster than spawning to bulk but probably not as many

i dont take any credit for these facts all the knowledge came from searches on shroomery or watching roger rabbits youtube vids

--------------------
":mushroom2:here is nothing lost or wasted in this life.” - Bhagavad Gita

OfflineDutchbrewed
Metaphysical
 User Gallery

Re: Straw as part of spawn bag recipe [Re: ar1es]
    #12929448 - 07/21/10 10:51 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The bag is referred to as a "spawn" bag. It can be utilized for many uses, for instance, when bw86 does it he spawns to it from g2g. At least that's what I take from his tek. Mine is LC>PC'd Substrate> fruiting. I'm not quite sure why you wrote so much, but I guess you told me everything you know about growing???  :shrug:

Offlinear1es
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

#12933720 - 07/22/10 01:25 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

just trying to help

never heard of somebody using manure in their spawn bag but i hope it works for ya

:thumbup:

--------------------
":mushroom2:here is nothing lost or wasted in this life.” - Bhagavad Gita

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Boomr Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract