Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineSyco
Trigger Man

Can someone post a picture of a healthy colonized casing pls
    #1292627 - 02/09/03 05:29 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Can someone post a picture of a healthy colonized casing please.

--------------------
- I fart in thou general direction -

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: Can someone post a picture of a healthy colonized casing pls [Re: Syco]
    #1292635 - 02/09/03 05:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

look at the avatars.i hope you can find one.

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1292640 - 02/09/03 05:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Here are a few , incubated a couple days more that should have , but was no overlay , got a nice 3 flushes of this sub , is only a 13x9x2 cake pan .

ps Zoom in on the top one , you can see real nice rhizmorphic growth rising up from the casing .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Edited by tripndicular (02/09/03 05:35 AM)

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1292650 - 02/09/03 05:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

make a habit of reading grow logs, you will learn much there, here's a casing that is ready to pin (scroll down, actually read the whole thing, there are many more examples in this forum): http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Growlog&Number=1038127&page=5&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

OfflineSyco
Trigger Man

Re: Can someone post a picture of a healthy colonized casing pls [Re: debianlinux]
    #1292667 - 02/09/03 05:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

wow my casing looks very different. It has a full layer of white over the top I thought it had cobweb at first but then it looked healthy and now it sort of looks green. I dont have a camera so I really cant get much help =\.

--------------------

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1292698 - 02/09/03 06:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Is it like a carpet laying on surface ?

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: Can someone post a picture of a healthy colonized casing pls [Re: tripndicular]
    #1292711 - 02/09/03 06:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yes trip mine is exactly same as you said .like a carpet

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

OfflineSyco
Trigger Man

Re: Can someone post a picture of a healthy colonized casing pls [Re: fugu]
    #1292731 - 02/09/03 06:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I guess you could say that its kind of like a carpet. I scrapped a little area to see what was under it was just the soil. Heres how it all happend I made the casing put it in the incubator and left it for a week. I came back and nothing was happening I upped the temps and let it sit for a few more days. Then I noticed some white fuzzy stuff on the top of the soil I thought it might be cobweb but wasn't sure so I let it sit for a few more days. It grew fast there was white fuzzy stuff all over the top of the casing as of last night. It looked like cobweb but I wasn't sure because ive never seen a healthy casing or cobweb its my first grow. Today I get up and I look at it and it looks like healthy thick white ropes I though it must be healthy. Later today I looked again and it kinda looks green? Its kind of like a carpet like you say I suppose It never looked like it was poking threw the soil it was totally different then the way the cakes colonized but I have no idea cause its my first grow. Do you think its a contam at the moment I pulled it out of the incubator cause I was affraid it could infect my jars and mycobags. * Sorry if this is in the wrong forum

--------------------

Edited by Syco (02/09/03 06:18 AM)

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
    #1292770 - 02/09/03 06:30 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It sounds like you may have overlay. You shouldn't wait that long while incubating a casing. Once mycelium begins to poke through the top layer, the casing should go in the fruiting chamber. I'm not sure about this "green" color. Keep an eye on it. Green mold is very common in casing.

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineSyco
Trigger Man

Re: Can someone post a picture of a healthy colonized casing pls [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1292788 - 02/09/03 06:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hah Im rather sure its green mold now I just looked and its turning very green now. That really sucks =[ maybe ill try the sea of shrooms tek with one of my half colonized slow ass pint jars hehe.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix