Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMushaboom
Teacher/Student
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: So I am hooked on Kratom...advice [Re: WakeboardrB]
    #12998721 - 08/03/10 09:41 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

In my experience I could compare 5g of powdered kratom to maybe some oxycodone. That's how good it felt. Sometimes I preferred kratom over oxycodone. It's legal so it was just so easy to get my hands on it. It turned into a pretty bad habit. But after you take it for a while, just like with anything else you have to take it just to feel normal. Addiction fucking sucks.

--------------------

"What you think, you become."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblesui
I love you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cali, Contra Costa Co. Flag
Re: So I am hooked on Kratom...advice [Re: cacharstar]
    #12998760 - 08/03/10 09:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

sucks char, you can do it, moke some green, try to relax. as shroomism said. eat well, drink plenty of water, and try to find something to focus on.

come by and jam.

--------------------

"There is never a wrong note, bend it."
Jimi Hendrix

OfflineWakeboardrB
Pepe Silvia
Male

Re: So I am hooked on Kratom...advice [Re: Mushaboom]
    #12998869 - 08/03/10 10:06 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mushaboom said:
In my experience I could compare 5g of powdered kratom to maybe some oxycodone. That's how good it felt. Sometimes I preferred kratom over oxycodone. It's legal so it was just so easy to get my hands on it. It turned into a pretty bad habit. But after you take it for a while, just like with anything else you have to take it just to feel normal. Addiction fucking sucks.

Amazingly enough I have a certain level of self control with opiates. If I throw my back out and get a shitload of percocets or Dilaudid, I'll binge on them till they are gone... But that's only a few times a year...

I might have to give kratom a shot. I still have day to day back pain that Tylenol, Motrin and Aleve don't touch...

--------------------
Same thing happened to me when I played Neil Armstrong in Moonshot. They found me in an alley in Burbank trying to re-enter the earth's atmosphere in an old refrigerator box.

OfflineMushaboom
Teacher/Student
Male User Gallery

#12999250 - 08/03/10 11:22 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Yes it will definitely get rid of pain, headaches etc. Very good painkiller.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #13000230 - 08/04/10 05:38 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Kratom is a horrible thing to get addicted to.

To take daily, it doesn't last NEARLY long enough.. requiring you to re-dose throughout the day.

Once you're a daily user, you barely feel any effects. Take it from me and don't become a daily user.

It's a great substance to use every once in awhile, and comes in VERY handy when you're in withdrawal from stronger opiates.

Getting off kratom isn't as hard as your mind fears it to be.

I believe the worst part of it is mental, in that you won't have something that's so easily available to rely your emotional and physical well-being on.

Get past it and remember that you are just fine without an external substance to get you through the day. Sure it can be painful, but such is life...

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Offlinepropensity
۞̷ ̶۞̷ ̶
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Bedrock America
    #13000240 - 08/04/10 05:50 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Quote:

Mushaboom said:

Amazingly enough I have a certain level of self control with opiates. If I throw my back out and get a shitload of percocets or Dilaudid, I'll binge on them till they are gone... But that's only a few times a year...

I might have to give kratom a shot. I still have day to day back pain that Tylenol, Motrin and Aleve don't touch...

Wow, dilaudid? I thought they didn't prescribe that all that much anymore.

--------------------

۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢ www.cactophage.com ۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟͢
̸ۨ͜۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆ͯ̑͘ ̶̖̭ͧ͛ͬ͑ͣͦ̍ͧ͐͟Dolphins of Dank۞̷̛̗̗͉͇̰̅͒ͯͩ̆

OfflineMushaboom
Teacher/Student
Male User Gallery

Re: So I am hooked on Kratom...advice [Re: propensity]
    #13002704 - 08/04/10 05:09 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I've been taking adderall and alot of 2mg klonopin and 2mg ativan just to get through the day. I'm on my lunch break right now and will probably call into work tomorrow. I have the chills and my bone aches. I take phone calls and answer e-mail's all day. Then I have fri. sat. off so hopefully most of the negative effects will have worn off. We shall see. Wish me luck guys! If I can quit xanax addiction I feel I can quit anything with the right mindset.

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #13003392 - 08/04/10 07:25 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Benzo withdrawal is much worse than kratom withdrawal.. so is most any other type of opiate withdrawal.

Like I said, most of it's mental... just get yourself in the state of mind where you feel comfortable without it, and just press on with your life. You'll get through it, trust me.

Also, a good acid trip can do wonders. :awecid:

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

Invisiblecacharstar
Strange is good...
Male

Loc: The West Coast
    #13028093 - 08/09/10 05:47 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Mushaboom said:
I'm currently addicted to kratom and I'm guessing I take around 5-8mg a day. I was supposed to get my package in today but it never came so I'm already feeling the effects. Right now I have ativan (lorazepam) and Klonopin (clonazepam) and adderall to get me through work. I work for a gaming company. I'm tired of being hooked on kratom. It's very nice to use every once in a while. It get's me in that "time to take care of shit mood". But it's gotten to the point where it just gives me a small boost for about 30 minutes and then I just feel the come down from kratom. It sux. I buy crushed leaf and powder it myself and I weigh it in the morning before work 5g. Then I take what looks like about another 2g of kratom during the evening. I just started taking the adderall and that doesn't really help when taken in combination with everything. Makes for a great euphoric work day though combined with benzos. I just trade one of my ativan for an adderall with a friend at work. I heard tramadol can help relieve the symptoms of withdrawal from kratom. Is this true? I've been taking 5-8g of kratom a day since January. I feel so uncomfortable without taking my dose today, I have the chills and my bones are aching. The benzo's help me sleep and alcohol helps a bit but I just can't quit cold turkey, not when I work 5 days out of the week. I need some help and advice. Thanks guys.

Tramadol does work.  But i have found it works better when crushed...

--------------------
:irishtoast:

Invisiblecacharstar
Strange is good...
Male

Loc: The West Coast
    #13028129 - 08/09/10 05:54 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

WakeboardrB said:
Damn dude, I've often wondered about Kratom... How much were you taking a day to develop such a withdrawal?

How does it compare to standard opiates? Right now I only use opiates maybe 3-4 times a year when I throw my back out and get a script for Percocets or Dilaudid...

10 grams or so. It is not as good as oxy but it does hit some of the same areas.  I would stay away if i were you.  Once in awhile is kool but it only lasts for a short whole after you get on a routine and then you just are puttin bandaids on the mental pain.  Not to mention the constipation... :poopbanana:

--------------------
:irishtoast:

OfflineMushaboom
Teacher/Student
Male User Gallery

#13031134 - 08/10/10 10:54 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Cool I'll order some tramadol and get ready for detox. My kratom package came in and I just had to go ahead and dose because I had work later that day.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Buy Kratom Powder & Leaf   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order