Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineShibaSpeak
Stranger

Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: golden1]
    #12927187 - 07/20/10 09:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

golden1 said:
I bet if a study was done(lol) giving people(or dogs) either weed or mushrooms randomly and they had no prior experience there would be many more freak outs from the mushrooms. I mean obviously don't overdose your pet on weed, but I don't think it's nearly as prone to a bad experience.

A light dose of shrooms is pretty comparable to a "fair" dose of weed IMO. Just like with the weed start your dog off on a light dose of shrooms, if they want to take more another night let them if not use common sense and dont.

I think the worry here is getting the dosing right not to make it overwhelming more than anything.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: golden1]
    #12927197 - 07/20/10 09:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I didn't read this whole thread but you can fuck your dog up permanently and/or get him killed so just don't do it at all.
Animals aren't people and don't respond like we do.

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State Land of Enchantment!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Edited by curenado (07/20/10 09:23 PM)

Invisible4runner
 User Gallery

Loc: State of Jefferson
Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: curenado]
    #12927292 - 07/20/10 09:44 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Keep your animals of drugs idiot. Animals should not act like people.
:awewtf:

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

F [Re: 4runner] * 2
    #12927329 - 07/20/10 09:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

If your dog is your best friend, when you trip he trips through you.  Animals are attuned to us, so just keeping up with your idiosyncratic behavior while you are tripping is a ride in itself for your dog.  If your dog stays around you and seems at ease while you shroom, then he is having "a good trip."  If it hides from you or seems upset, that's a "bad trip."

Don't dose your dog directly.  No need.

--------------------

Offlinejimmystubs
Backyard Chemist
Male

Loc: Australia Flag
Re: F [Re: SCleROTiUM_LICK] * 1
    #12927370 - 07/20/10 10:04 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

If your dog is your best friend, when you trip he trips through you.  Animals are attuned to us, so just keeping up with your idiosyncratic behavior while you are tripping is a ride in itself for your dog.  If your dog stays around you and seems at ease while you shroom, then he is having "a good trip."  If it hides from you or seems upset, that's a "bad trip."

I like it! great comment :thumbup:

--------------------
------

None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free

Journal of an Australian finding supplies

Invisiblejustaguy

Loc: Flag
Re: F [Re: SCleROTiUM_LICK]
    #12927684 - 07/20/10 11:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

SCleROTiUM_LICK said:

not this

dose his ass

--------------------

Offlineimatree
Stranger
Male

Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: justaguy]
    #12927799 - 07/20/10 11:38 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Look into LD50's

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: imatree] * 2
    #12928368 - 07/21/10 03:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Do the mushrooms yourself, you dog doesnt need it.
When you dose yourself, your character almost becomes like an animal with similar body actions so the dogs around you will have FUN being sober with you because your ability to think and act will match theirs. If you give your dog drugs, then who knows what will happen, your dog might get really scared and bite the shit out of you, your dick and your face or worse die from shock...

I took 5 grams of mushies last week and danced with my two dogs in the kitchen, they loved every minute of it SOBER!!

So dont be a fuckwit!

Edited by PsychoReactive (07/21/10 03:17 AM)

Offlinecheo
Stranger
Male

Loc: bay area
Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: PsychoReactive] * 1
    #12928377 - 07/21/10 03:17 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

dude, your dog is gonna freak.
hes gonna start seeing colors and walls
melting and billowing, and hes going to
think of space and become self-aware of the
fact that hes a dog.
while hes peaking hes going to see dog god,
and have cev's of bones and leashes.

--------------------
today i realized people are animals with the special gift of self-awareness and complex thought.

OfflineVisionaryFlicker
Querulant
Male User Gallery

Loc: Amsterdam Flag
Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: cheo]
    #12928382 - 07/21/10 03:25 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

give the dog some shrooms

--------------------
l'enfer c'est les autres

Offlinematter0ni
 User Gallery

Loc: Southeast Flag
Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: VisionaryFlicker] * 1
    #12928484 - 07/21/10 04:51 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Wow, I can't even read this whole thread. All I see are people foolishly, pridefully, and arrogantly assuming that for some reason animals are somehow inferior to humans. They are not inferior. Just different. Are we not animals laced with imagination and mouth noises?

"For monkeys to speak of truth is hubris of the highest degree. Where is it writ large that talking-monkeys should be able to model the cosmos? If a sea urchin or a raccoon were to propose to you that it had a viable truth about the universe, the absurdity of that assertion would be self-evident, but in our case we make an exception."

I would laugh if some kind of extra-terrestrials came to Earth, saw us humans as animals just as we see animals on Earth, and then said to their other alien buddies "hey man don't waste that on those humans, what the fuck, they are humans, they cant experience it like we can!". Know what I'm trying to say? For any human to think they know what an animal mind is experiencing is pretty much as arrogant as it gets.

It's an egotistically-based assumption that animals don't experience consciousness simply because they can't speak English. It helps us feel superior.

Rant aside, I wouldn't do it. If your dog wants to eat them on his own, I think he should be free to, but let him stay under maybe 1g or so if you have to. One man's opinion. If your dog doesn't like it, he won't eat them again, but still I wouldn't do that.

--------------------

Edited by matter0ni (07/21/10 05:09 AM)

InvisibleDarkMatterOfFact
ZealtheDealforthePill
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Cali
Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: matter0ni]
    #12928534 - 07/21/10 05:35 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

matter0ni said:
Wow, I can't even read this whole thread. All I see are people foolishly, pridefully, and arrogantly assuming that for some reason animals are somehow inferior to humans. They are not inferior. Just different. Are we not animals laced with imagination and mouth noises?

"For monkeys to speak of truth is hubris of the highest degree. Where is it writ large that talking-monkeys should be able to model the cosmos? If a sea urchin or a raccoon were to propose to you that it had a viable truth about the universe, the absurdity of that assertion would be self-evident, but in our case we make an exception."

I would laugh if some kind of extra-terrestrials came to Earth, saw us humans as animals just as we see animals on Earth, and then said to their other alien buddies "hey man don't waste that on those humans, what the fuck, they are humans, they cant experience it like we can!". Know what I'm trying to say? For any human to think they know what an animal mind is experiencing is pretty much as arrogant as it gets.

It's an egotistically-based assumption that animals don't experience consciousness simply because they can't speak English. It helps us feel superior.

Rant aside, I wouldn't do it. If your dog wants to eat them on his own, I think he should be free to, but let him stay under maybe 1g or so if you have to. One man's opinion. If your dog doesn't like it, he won't eat them again, but still I wouldn't do that.

are you serious in thinking that inferiority has anything to do with anatomy of a dog. Psilocybin alkoloid is some potent stuff and it reacts well with our physiology and brain. Yeah a dog is no rabbit and probably wont die. But come on, to think that it would react remotely the same as we do is so stupid its funny. Probably very few animals would. Maybe a bear, who knows. This thread reminds of Chong and his super doobie in Up In Smoke. :lolsy:

--------------------

Nixon was a asshole. Just look at his biggest creation. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the DEA.

Which secretly stands for Demonizing Everyone by Allegations.

Offlinebw86
Doesn't play well with others

Loc: 7b
    #12928539 - 07/21/10 05:39 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

a dog will not eat psilo mushroms unless you hide it real well in some peanut butter or something.
dogs wont eat poison for the most part (they love antifreeze)
but seriously your dog will just think its dieing and most likely  hide somewhere its comfortable to die (or so it thinks) a basement, under a porch, or if in a small apartment maybe a closet or under a bed.

Offlinematter0ni
 User Gallery

Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: DarkMatterOfFact]
    #12928543 - 07/21/10 05:42 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DarkMatterOfFact said:
Quote:

matter0ni said:

are you serious in thinking that inferiority has anything to do with anatomy of a dog. Psilocybin alkoloid is some potent stuff and it reacts well with our physiology and brain. Yeah a dog is no rabbit and probably wont die. But come on, to think that it would react remotely the same as we do is so stupid its funny. Probably very few animals would. Maybe a bear, who knows. This thread reminds of Chong and his super doobie in Up In Smoke. :lolsy:

So is physiology the end of understanding? Humans are funny because of how arrogantly they think they understand how things work. We cling to science in an attempt to model things in such a way as to be understood, but in the end, it can't be understood, only interpreted. The past 50 years of science has caused the previous 5,000 years of knowledge to become obsolete, wouldn't you say? So what about the NEXT 50 years? Today's understandings will eventually become obsolete.

To say that just because our physical makeup is different than a dog that it doesn't effect them in any way comparable to us is completely arrogant! Plus, I NEVER said that it will affect dogs similar to how it affects us. You didn't really understand what I was saying. I was actually saying we have NO WAY of knowing if it does or doesn't, and that believing that animals are somehow 'undeserving' of the psychedelic experience is nuts. We don't understand the slightest why this compound does what it does. Why does psilocybin do the things it does? We have no idea. We can theorize and say "well because the compound enters some receptor sites in the brain and cause the neurology to act funny" -- but that's only an interpretation, not an explination. The fact is, we will NEVER know. We don't know if it does or doesn't because we are not a dog, we are a human, and expecting that by putting the idea into the model of physiology will somehow grant us the keyhole into the mind of another is totally preposterous imo.

Quote:

are you serious in thinking that inferiority has anything to do with anatomy of a dog.

The anatomy of a dog has nothing to do with the fact that people ASSUME that they understand the mental-goings on of another mind based on the fact that culture has caused them to model animals in some kind of inferior aspect. It doesn't take a quantum physicist to understand that we are conditioned with that kind of mentality 24/7 in our culture. Look at us. We have fucking zoos for christ sake. We cage birds and keep them as "pets" for our convenience. We are a shining example of arrogance of the worst kind. We assume that we understand what animals feel and deserve to feel. We even do this to OURSELVES by making certain feelings illegal -- MJ, mushrooms, the list doesn't seem to end.

--------------------

Edited by matter0ni (07/21/10 05:59 AM)

Offlinematter0ni
 User Gallery

Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: bw86]
    #12928556 - 07/21/10 05:51 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bw86 said:
a dog will not eat psilo mushroms unless you hide it real well in some peanut butter or something.
dogs wont eat poison for the most part (they love antifreeze)
but seriously your dog will just think its dieing and most likely  hide somewhere its comfortable to die (or so it thinks) a basement, under a porch, or if in a small apartment maybe a closet or under a bed.

how is psilocybin "poison"? if you define poison as something toxic, then magic mushroom are not poison. this is just another belief instilled by our culture and the 'war on drugs' and the agenda within that whole thing.

and where did this notion come from that we assume that what will happen to a dog is what happens to us, mentally? maybe we feel like we're 'dying' on high shroom doses because our ego, beliefs, boundaries, etc are dying, and since we're so attached to those things we simply mistake it for *us* dying. we are so attached to our personalities that we think it's who we really are. i mean the possibilities are endless, bound by imagination, and your belief assumes that dogs live in this world defined by fueling ego and personal beliefs as it does with us. why do we think we understand animal minds so well? haha its crazy imo.

--------------------

Edited by matter0ni (07/21/10 06:05 AM)

InvisibleDarkMatterOfFact
ZealtheDealforthePill
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Cali
    #12928566 - 07/21/10 06:03 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Actually, yes it is the end to understanding how chemicals affect us and other creatures. Science and religion conflict, its just the way it is. And thank the stars for it. (pun intended)

If religion was our total rational still, like it was in the dark ages, we all would be more enslaved and deluded then we are today. Which is scarier then anything i can think of.

--------------------

Nixon was a asshole. Just look at his biggest creation. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the DEA.

Which secretly stands for Demonizing Everyone by Allegations.

Offlinematter0ni
 User Gallery

Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: DarkMatterOfFact]
    #12928579 - 07/21/10 06:11 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DarkMatterOfFact said:
Actually, yes it is the end to understanding how chemicals affect us and other creatures. Science and religion conflict, its just the way it is. And thank the stars for it. (pun intended)

If religion was our total rational still, like it was in the dark ages, we all would be more enslaved and deluded then we are today. Which is scarier then anything i can think of.

Where did religion come from? Not sure what relevance that has to the topic. I beg to differ as well, I think we are more deluded today than we were in the past. Look at us. We are consumer-driven egomaniacs hell-bent on destroying the Earth. Our understandings of some things has evolved in the process, but just because we believed things like the world to be flat didn't make us deluded, it just meant we assumed there were not factors that we DIDN'T understand. Just like right now. You are assuming there aren't 500 factors not being understood. And let's not forget "The world which we perceive is a tiny fraction of the world which we can perceive, which is a tiny fraction of the perceivable world".

Also, physiology isn't the end of understanding how chemicals affect us and other creatures. We can know how chemicals PHYSICALLY affect other creatures by way of atoms and compounds, but not mentally. We can not enter their domain of consciousness by silly science. Who says atoms are where it ends? What if the scale NEVER ends? We simply don't have the technology to peer deeper. We have gone deeper than atoms and entered quarks, and we have telescopes to see galaxies, but nothing much larger. Have you noticed how electrons spin around the center of the nucleus of an atom, how planets spin around the sun, how suns spin around the center of the galaxy... and so on and so forth. Scale is just an illusion, and to think that physiology (which relies on the belief that atoms/compounds are the smallest unit which define everything above it) is silly. Atoms are just as large as galaxies, it's just an illusion of size. In my opinion.

--------------------

Edited by matter0ni (07/21/10 06:12 AM)

Offlinebw86

#12928596 - 07/21/10 06:18 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

um yeah i never said poison was toxic....
and yes psilocybin is a poison. maybe not one that will kill you, but it could make you feel dead.

"and where did this notion come from that we assume that what will happen to a dog is what happens to us,"

who are you talking to because if i was sick i wouldn't curl up in a closet or under a porch, would you? :shrug:

it is common knowledge that if an animal dose not feel "right" they will hide and want to be alone.

edit- smoking weed is poison to your body...

edit-
poi·son  (poizn)
n.
1. A substance that causes injury, illness, or death, especially by chemical means.
2. Something destructive or fatal.
3. Chemistry & Physics A substance that inhibits another substance or a reaction: a catalyst poison.

Edited by bw86 (07/21/10 06:24 AM)

Offlinematter0ni
 User Gallery

Re: give my dog some shrooms? [Re: bw86]
    #12928626 - 07/21/10 06:37 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

bw86 said:
um yeah i never said poison was toxic....
and yes psilocybin is a poison. maybe not one that will kill you, but it could make you feel dead.

"and where did this notion come from that we assume that what will happen to a dog is what happens to us,"

who are you talking to because if i was sick i wouldn't curl up in a closet or under a porch, would you? :shrug:

it is common knowledge that if an animal dose not feel "right" they will hide and want to be alone.

edit- smoking weed is poison to your body...

edit-
poi·son  (poizn)
n.
1. A substance that causes injury, illness, or death, especially by chemical means.
2. Something destructive or fatal.
3. Chemistry & Physics A substance that inhibits another substance or a reaction: a catalyst poison.

Well it's commonly assumed that "poison" refers to something that is toxic, or harmful. The religious part of my post was obviously in regarding the previous poster, not you. About the definition of poison, *anything* can be labeled a poison, because I'm sure everything inhibits another substance or reaction in some fashion. Let's not be technical purely for arguments sake though.

Quote:

This does not mean that it feels like it is dying, or sick if it hides. It means that it's one option of many, but we have no way to know what an animal is feeling. We can try to relate, and compare OUR feelings to theirs, but we will pretend like we truly understand, we can just make our 'best guess'.

Also, why did you bring that up? I don't understand how it fits with the conversation. Are you implying that animals run off and hide (hence feel "off") when they eat shrooms?

--------------------

Offlinebw86

#12928643 - 07/21/10 06:44 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i am suggesting no wild animal(let alone bugs) would eat psilo mushrooms
i dont feel like talking in circles
you dont understand why i brought it up, ookay? thats only what the whole fuckin thread is about. i dont feel like talking to you anymore
you dont make much seance at all.
ill give you one thing- it doesn't necessarily  mean the animal thinks its  gonna die. it just doesn't feel "right" it would most likely think its sick

Edited by bw86 (07/21/10 06:48 AM)

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | Next >

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag