Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefreemind
Stranger
Male

Evidence for psilocybin mushrooms in MN * 1
    #10670796 - 07/13/09 05:58 PM (14 years, 8 months ago)

Hello!

I live in Minnesota, and as many of you others here in MN may have noticed... There isn't much in the psilocybin mushroom department! Setting aside p. cinctulus, it seems like the general consensus is that cinctulus is the only psilocybin mushroom in MN.

HOWEVER...

I've been searching all over the web for info on the subject, and have come across a few things that seem to indicate that there may be a little more than we think here in MN...

Case 1: Liberty Caps (P. Semilanceata)

Evidence A-
This is the first thing that I noticed. I've seen a few shroomery posts asking about Libs and if their finds may be of the such, although usually these are ID'd otherwise. Some just ask if they grow here saying they saw something looking like a Liberty Cap picture they saw, and are immediately told they do not grow in MN. However, I am curious as to whether a few of these people may be stumbling on Liberty Caps.

Evidence B-
I found this distribution map for P. Semilanceata and it looks like MN is inside of the area.

SOURCE: http://www.tranexp.com:2000/Translate/index.shtml?from=che&to=eng&type=url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.biopsia.wz.cz%2Fcap3.htm

Evidence C-
Just a bit of speculation by someone in this thread ( http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/362340#362340 ), not extremely definitive, but I'm just gathering everything I can find at this point.
Quote:

Levi7 said:
Hello Jammer.

I can't say this is a fact:

The infamous Liberty Cap(Psilocybe semilanceata) does not grow in Kentucky. It is quite rare(in the U.S.) to find this mushroom species in areas other than the PNW , northern Michigan(Northern states, Montana, Minnesota, etc. possibly) and New England. This mushroom needs a temperate climate. Hot-ass summer and cold-ass winter kinda pisses off the mycelium. This is coming from a hunter and not a mycologist, by the way. I can only tell you what I understand.

Also, I can see that many people refer to Magic Mushrooms as Liberty Caps, in general...

Evidence D-
In this thread ( http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3107619#3107619 )...
Quote:

penguingenius said:
we are finding liberty caps in northern minnesota....small patches 3 or 4 in small area and then some standing alone...caps are drying very blue and the stems a nice blue-green.  I know that information on this website says minnesota does not have active mushrooms but I sure had a good time with these and a few others  :crazy2: stems are long and white drying a blue-green and gills are drying a brownish color and leaving purplish/brown prints

This one's a bit more interesting. They were bioassayed, and matches by description as far as I am aware. They could just be straight-up lying, but their other posts seem to verify they live in MN, meaning they would've had to know a little about Liberty Caps to be able to describe them that accurately, or look all that information up. I personally find it more likely that they were just telling the truth. Maybe I have a little too much faith in humankind? :shrug:

Case 2: Cyans (P. Cyanescens)

This one I only have 1 piece of evidence for, which is this thread. ( http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/3417964#3417964 )
Quote:

meadownymph said:
Well, happy belated turkey day to all...even though i could give a crap less about bird and yucky soggy already-been-chewed-stuffing.  However, finally, I have found a "wild cyan", growing right out of a log, with no other mushies around (well, at least not for about 6 ft..)

I'm sorry to say that it seems the season is coming to a screeching hault.  Supposed to be freezing for the next three days, perhaps one more nice hunt.  Well happy day all! MN

Then later in the thread, in response to if he had eaten it...

Quote:

meadownymph said:
actually yes i ate more than just one....lol.  Gotta love Mother Nature.  It was a cool way to spend my day off....happy hunting all. MN

Bioassayed. Sounds like it was legit, he seems to indicate that they were what he thought they were.

What do you guys think? Has anyone ever found what they believe to be Liberty Caps or Cyans in MN? Any speculation on the subject? Personally, I think that there's definately the possibility that the lack of verification on psilocybin mushrooms in MN stops people from hunting, thus making it seem like there aren't any here. A viscious cycle! Perhaps I'm just wishing this all were true, but who knows? It could be! :mushroom2:

Hope this was interesting to someone.

EDIT: I changed the name to better match the post.

--------------------

Edited by freemind (07/13/09 07:35 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineevan711heaven
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Evidence for psilocybin mushrooms in MN [Re: freemind]
    #12924384 - 07/20/10 12:59 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Thanks a lot man! awesome stuff!

--------------------
Praise Jesus! Amen!

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Evidence for psilocybin mushrooms in MN [Re: evan711heaven]
    #12924403 - 07/20/10 01:02 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

That distribution map is crap. However, good luck with finding Psilocybe semilanceata in MN. And I am not being sarcastic, I mean it.
Just to let you know, the post you replied to is over a year old.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinemushiman77
Stranger
    #13175768 - 09/10/10 03:20 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

that map is deffinately bunk.....

I have heard first hand accounts from folks in N minnesota that tell me of gathering large amounts of lib caps in the U.P. back in the seventies.  same habitat as the west coast-cow fields and such.  its not that far from the UP to here......

InvisibleGerman Kahuna
Facepalmer of Stoopid
Male User Gallery

Loc: On a Chemical Vacation
Re: Evidence for psilocybin mushrooms in MN [Re: mushiman77]
    #13175802 - 09/10/10 03:26 PM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Anyone posting pics with proof (put your garmin in the pic) of Psilocybe semilanceata in MN will get a mixed collection of 10 different spore prints of active species from me. I am not kidding.
Until then I am calling this a massive pile of bullshit.

--------------------
"Vegetarian" [ /ˌvedʒəˈteəriən/] - Ancient slang meaning "village idiot who can't hunt, fish or ride".

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
Re: Evidence for psilocybin mushrooms in MN [Re: German Kahuna]
    #13178301 - 09/11/10 12:24 AM (13 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:
Anyone posting pics with proof (put your garmin in the pic) of Psilocybe semilanceata in MN will get a mixed collection of 10 different spore prints of active species from me. I am not kidding.

fuck ya, theres some inspiration!
i dont see why its impossible to find libs in Minnesota. just check all likely habitats, hell atleast you may find some edibles along the way. and GK challenged you now, so get yer ass out there. :wink:

--------------------

OfflineNiNJa420
Slap & Tickle
Male

Re: Evidence for psilocybin mushrooms in MN [Re: psylosymonreturns]
    #16759930 - 08/30/12 01:31 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

psylosymonreturns said:
Quote:

German Kahuna said:

Challenge accepted! The weather has been so much different these past few years so keep watch formy posts. Goin hunting soon, wish me luck :smile:

--------------------
I take big tokes just to get higher, I breath smoke and I spit fire!

Offlinepsylosymonreturns
aka Gym Sporrison
Male

Loc: Mos Eisley,
Re: Evidence for psilocybin mushrooms in MN [Re: NiNJa420]
    #16760193 - 08/30/12 02:20 PM (11 years, 6 months ago)

its all about getting out there. learning  all your local fungi . then eventually you will run into something active.

good luck!!

--------------------

OfflineSpivkurl
Electroacoustic inventor
Male

Loc: Minnesota, the next state...
Re: Evidence for psilocybin mushrooms in MN [Re: German Kahuna]
    #24610867 - 09/07/17 06:11 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

German Kahuna said:

I know this is an old thread, but I had to know if you are still waiting on this proof?

BTW, what is a "GARMIN?"

Offlinedhype773
Enter the Void
Male User Gallery

Loc: Valhalla
Re: Evidence for psilocybin mushrooms in MN [Re: Spivkurl]
    #24610911 - 09/07/17 07:03 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Spivkurl said:
Quote:

German Kahuna said:

I know this is an old thread, but I had to know if you are still waiting on this proof?

BTW, what is a "GARMIN?"

I'm assuming it's a navigation device, and is rewired to show the location of the find in the picture.

--------------------

OfflineSpivkurl
Electroacoustic inventor
Male

Loc: Minnesota, the next state...
Re: Evidence for psilocybin mushrooms in MN [Re: dhype773]
    #24611339 - 09/07/17 11:12 AM (6 years, 6 months ago)

Ahh, I see. I don't use wireless technology for the most part. Thanks for clearing that up!

--------------------

*ALL POSTS CREATED BY THIS USER ARE FICTIONAL IN NATURE, AND ARE THE PRODUCT OF LUCID DREAMING. THEY ARE NOT TO BE TAKEN AS REAL OR TRUE.

Offlineando_6
FUNGUSTITTS

#26167976 - 09/04/19 12:27 AM (4 years, 6 months ago)

I’m in Chisholm Minnesota anyone want to go look for Libs feel free to contact
Me Facebook me Andy Vidovic. Send me a message!!

--------------------
The early bird may get the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese!!never mind that nonsense mi the gingerbread man and just here for the cheese!!! FAST AS FAST CAN BE... :evil:

OfflineSoumishoomie
Stranger
    #26177692 - 09/09/19 12:44 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

Liberty caps ?? Growing in bog in Itasca county, mnhttps://files.shroomery.org/files/19-37/805455472-0909191028_HDR.jpg

OfflineBearaBeans
Wannabe Identifier
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State Flag
Re: Evidence for psilocybin mushrooms in MN [Re: Soumishoomie]
    #26177923 - 09/09/19 03:13 PM (4 years, 6 months ago)

If you are asking if the photos in you link are Libs then no, if that is not what you are asking disregard this.

--------------------
Here to learn as much as possible, and be helpful where I can

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds