Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineWebstar
Stranger
mycobag with golden teacher strain question
    #4397193 - 07/12/05 06:48 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hello everyone,im new to the community but have been reading trip reports and mushroom related info for a long time,where it is so hard to find mushrooms where i live,i decided to take a shot at growing my own.I purchased a grain based myco bag and a spore syringe of the golden teacher strain.I inoculated the myco bag with 10cc (the whole syringe) of solution.I know that was probably way too much (i inoculated about 2 almost 3 months ago) mycellium has completely colonized the bag,and i seen a few little sprouts starting,but since then i havent seen any growth at all in the past 2 weeks.I know it is not contaminated (checked very thouroughly) they are in a 75 degree enviroment and i have no idea why i havent seen any growth in the past 2-3 weeks.Did i put so much solution in the substrate that it would stunt theyre growth? I know this is kind of a newbie question but i love mushrooms,and I would really like to know if anyone knows whats going on so I can understand it better and if due to some error on my part they dont come to fruition,I would like to know what I can do better next time.Thank you and i greatly appreciate anyfeedback I get from you. Peace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemickeymicmic
word

Re: mycobag with golden teacher strain question [Re: Webstar]
    #4397201 - 07/12/05 06:50 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

its not too much inoculate, if they halted its either environmental stress/shock or lack of nutrients.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #4397210 - 07/12/05 06:53 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Hey and welcome. It definitely sounds like you over saturated your bag w/ too much spore solution. If you want my advice: Pick up a a set of quart jars, make yourself some filter lids, and buy 10+LBS. of wild bird seed, then go to town. Read the various birdseed teks and get them down pat, and you'll have an endless supply of spawn for yourself. I've worked with bags and really don't care for them at all, jars is where it's at IMO.

Just ask if you have any questions...

--------------------
To find a place to live between the negatives and positives.

OfflineWebstar
Stranger
Re: mycobag with golden teacher strain question [Re: Holydiver]
    #4397251 - 07/12/05 07:03 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks for the response guys,I really hope this bag does colonize,like i said its my first try,ive always thought they would fruit within 3 months but oh well,Ill just wait and see what happens.And thanks for the bird seed idea,i will definately check that out.Im really interested in growing my own and being able to pick what strain i get.Im definately going to be a bulk cultivator after i get the basics down :laugh:.And ill keep an eye on the enviroment mickey,thanks for the tip.If they dont grow its all good,as long as i find out why so i can get a good flush next time. Happy shrooming and if anyone else has any more ideas,please let me know so i can understand better :laugh:

Offlinemickeymicmic
word

#4397265 - 07/12/05 07:06 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

diver definately knows a lot more than me, so take his advice, guess we will be seeing you more now though so welcome to the community.

InvisibleHolydiver
Stranger
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The midnight sea
Trusted Cultivator
    #4397266 - 07/12/05 07:07 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

On another note: Just go straight to bulk, it's worth the effort. Get the grains down, and learn to spawn them to horse poo, etc. You can also fruit the grains by themselves and move up to poo at a later time.

OfflineWebstar
Stranger
Re: mycobag with golden teacher strain question [Re: Holydiver]
    #4397347 - 07/12/05 07:31 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks again guys,and yea,you'll probably be seein me alot :laugh:.Ill post some pictures as soon as i can if anyone is interested,mycellium is doing fine,its growin halfway up the damn bag its so thick :laugh:,just waiting on those damn pins.And if anyone knows a vendor with a good price on substrate,please let me know.The little mycobag i got was sooo expensive it kills me.Im going to go with your advice diver,goin straight to bulk when i get the money for more supplies,and ill do every couple of substrate mixes with a diffrent strain just for fun.Thanks again for all the help and ill get some pics up as soon as i can :smile:.

Peace

OfflineSaitama
A Life Of Optical Delusion
I'm a teapot

#4397519 - 07/12/05 08:18 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

Whats the benefits of using Poo?

--------------------
Find helpful teks:
A.M.U. Teks

:mushroom2:MonoTubs Are Life:mushroom2:

"I am the watcher, and the watched, I bring me together."

Offlinemickeymicmic
word

Re: mycobag with golden teacher strain question [Re: Saitama]
    #4397661 - 07/12/05 08:54 PM (18 years, 8 months ago)

poo: greater potency and yield. mostly yield.

InvisibleThe Texas Shaman
 User Gallery
Loc: Planet Earth, Milky Way G... Flag
    #12910971 - 07/17/10 10:15 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

ET has a 6lb bulk substrate bag for like 100 bucks and they will give you a free 20cc spore syringe of your choice

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

Re: mycobag with golden teacher strain question [Re: The Texas Shaman]
    #12911138 - 07/17/10 11:06 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

(5 years, 5 days ago)

(48 minutes, 41 seconds ago)

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

InvisibleFungal growth
Lootinint
Male User Gallery

Loc: under a rock in your yard
    #12911387 - 07/17/10 12:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The Texas Shaman said:
ET has a 6lb bulk substrate bag for like 100 bucks and they will give you a free 20cc spore syringe of your choice

earths tongue? arent they the ones that sell the black syringes of contamination?
and $100 for 6lb's of sub and a syringe?:huxleyfacepalm:

InvisibleOJ Simpson
Stranger

Re: mycobag with golden teacher strain question [Re: Fungal growth]
    #12911519 - 07/17/10 12:50 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Fungal growth said:
Quote:

The Texas Shaman said:

earths tongue? arent they the ones that sell the black syringes of contamination?
and $100 for 6lb's of sub and a syringe?:huxleyfacepalm:

And according to several vendor review threads on another OMC, it will be the better part of a month before you see this 6lb bag.

--------------------

SillyBilly said:
If I'm socially inept why is it you've only made less than 100 posts and already have only 2 shrooms?
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/13029781#13029781

InvisibleThe Texas Shaman
 User Gallery
Loc: Planet Earth, Milky Way G... Flag
Re: mycobag with golden teacher strain question [Re: Fungal growth]
    #12917303 - 07/18/10 09:20 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

havent had one problem with contamination with ET,(lol you probably caused it yourself, bro)

and yes, they do take a while to ship a FRESHLY PREPARED and warranted 6lb bulk substrate bag made in a 0.0 contamination chamber with NO EFFORT on the customer's part to make it...kinda nice for people starting out with practically NOTHING, amirite?

--------------------
"I, as a responsible adult human being, will never concede the power to anyone to regulate my choice of what I put into my body, or where I go with my mind. From the skin inwards is my jurisdiction, is it not? I choose what may or may not cross that border. Here I am the Customs Agent. I am the Coast guard. I am the sole legal and spiritual government of this territory, and only the laws I choose to enact within myself are applicable." -Alexander Shulgin, PhD, Chemist and author, at the DPF Conference, November 1996

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#12917512 - 07/18/10 10:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The Texas Shaman said:
havent had one problem with contamination with ET,(lol you probably caused it yourself, bro)

and yes, they do take a while to ship a FRESHLY PREPARED and warranted 6lb bulk substrate bag made in a 0.0 contamination chamber with NO EFFORT on the customer's part to make it...kinda nice for people starting out with practically NOTHING, amirite?

the price is not worth the convenience is what we're sayin.

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlinedeadmandave
Slime
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #12917855 - 07/18/10 11:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The Texas Shaman said:
with NO EFFORT on the customer's part to make it

I dunno what your situation is but $100 to me is at least 10 hours of effort at my JOB. compare that to ~$10 for materials and lets say 1-3 hours of "work" filling jars with sub and innoculating.

I would def go with pf tek witch is perfect for someone starting out with practically nothing.

OfflineFluxburn
 User Gallery

Loc: Oakland, CA, USA Flag
Re: mycobag with golden teacher strain question [Re: deadmandave]
    #12917975 - 07/19/10 12:27 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Some people money is nothing. Still, even with loads of money the fun of the hobbie is learning to do it. To do it well.

--------------------
ABSTRACT ART (Mine) http://nathanbelomy.com

InvisibleFungal growth
Lootinint
Male User Gallery

Loc: under a rock in your yard
    #12918751 - 07/19/10 09:42 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

The Texas Shaman said:

never used earths tongue and with thier rep and that silly black syringe thing i doubt i ever will.

12 pf jars-about $10
bag of brown rice $3
bag of verm-$5
distilled h2o .85 cents
lets say you have to buy everything-
coffee grinder -$15
stock pot-i bought a pack of 3 different sizes for $20
OR
small pc-$40
roll of tape, lets say $5
and of course, spore syringe-$20

so-$73.85 if you go w/ a stockpot,
$93.85 if you go w/ a pc.
plus you gain the knowlege you need to do it all again.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Boomr Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom