Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

Bad syringe - How common is this?
    #1290759 - 02/08/03 09:15 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I would like to know if you have ever got a bad syringe from a reputable online supplier. By bad I mean that you inoculated and never had mycelium growth (assuming you followed all the correct proceedures). How common is it for someone to receive a bad syringe.

--------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Bad syringe - How common is this? [Re: Mycotopian]
    #1290790 - 02/08/03 09:26 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Ya.. I bought one from a local head shop here and the had them sittin in a drawer not cooled in anyway. and they didnt care that it didnt work. 

I did BRF/Verm.  Followed perfect. I had zero contams after 2 months. With zero growth. :mad:

Thanks for bringin back bad memorys :smirk: :wink: 

OfflineFocusHawaii
Keeper of theMagic Garden

Loc: Canada
    #1290793 - 02/08/03 09:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think its not too common, but really are they all not showing signs? i have just innoculated a bunch and ive only got 6 growing mycelium, the rest i think are just taking their time, or my stupid friend innoculated on the inside instead of near the sides :smile:.

EDIT- Actually as of today, 6 have started growth overnight or i was too stoned to see the growths on them yesterday :smile:

Edited by FocusHawaii (02/08/03 01:41 PM)

Invisibledog
straw dog

Loc: Route 66
    #1290847 - 02/08/03 10:03 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

On my second grow all my jars failed and I was certain that the syringe was at fault. Turns out that the jars had fallen victim to a bacterial contam and I was just too noob to recognize it. The syringe was fine.  :blush: 

--------------------

Fascism (fash'izem) n. A governmental system marked by a centralized dictatorship, stringent socioeconomic controls, and often belligerent nationalism. see also: the Bush Administration.

OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

Re: Bad syringe - How common is this? [Re: dog]
    #1290908 - 02/08/03 10:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I did 20 jars all together same time same place same evrything. 10 jars hawiian 10 jar amazonian. All 10 amazonians have growth and all 10 hawiians have none! The spores came from sporeworks and the syringes did look pretty clear.

--------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: Bad syringe - How common is this? [Re: dog]
    #1290909 - 02/08/03 10:42 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The good thing about the suppliers on this board is that they are all approachable and you shouldn't hesitate to contact them with your problem.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #1292048 - 02/08/03 08:00 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I would like to know if you have ever got a bad syringe from a reputable online supplier. By bad I mean that you inoculated and never had mycelium growth (assuming you followed all the correct proceedures). How common is it for someone to receive a bad syringe.

I purchased 4 syringes of several different strains at one time, all from a single supplier, I inoculated 4 jars of spawn for each strain all the same methods....I used the same flow hood as is on my site....one strain, the Pleurotus found the green monster within 3 days in an incubator....all 4 jars....I checked the second, all the others were clean....

The supplier would have made good on the syringes that were bad but it was of no concern to me, I had 4 free ones and wrote it off as a fluke....it happens. I have also purchased agar that was contaminated, it took more than a month before they replaced it not long after that the supplier was gone. people take the money they spend seriously, and the suppliers do to.....they try their best but ocasionaly it happens and most vendors are willing to take care of you.....some even give a perk or two for the inconvienience....

Prisoner#1

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules