Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineodinssun
letmehearthemusic

Loc: Canada
smoking mushrooms
    #1274796 - 02/03/03 02:01 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What are everyones thoughts on smoking mushrooms?

--------------------
This is all a work of fiction everything I type is fiction. I in no way have made any true statements
this is all a work of my mind

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: odinssun]
    #1274806 - 02/03/03 02:05 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Pointless. I read a report where some guys smoked a quarter ounce and said they were tripping slightly..

What a waste of mushrooms.

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#1274810 - 02/03/03 02:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Let me warn you, 95% of people will tell you it does nothing. But it only takes one counter-example to ruin a theory, and there are plenty of counter-examples in this case. I don't know why there are so many people who badly want to convince everybody it doesn't work. Personally I have never tried it. Anyway this question gets asked at least once a week so do a search.

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: zeta]
    #1274821 - 02/03/03 02:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Many people are quick to chime in and say, "It doesn't work" They explain that the psilocin is destroyed by the heat. They are so convinced that they won't even try to experiment... Well, I tried, and I did get some results that I believed could be distinguished from placebo... However, I must agree that:
1) this is a terrible waste of shrooms (for the effect you get)
2) this is asked all the time, do a search

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: TheShroomHermit]
    #1275328 - 02/03/03 04:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

take the shake from your bag of mushrooms

WHILE your are tripping off orally ingested mushrooms, load a pipe with some shake mixed with weed.

smoke all the shake/weed

enjoy

ive also smoked shrooms and weed while sober...honestly the effects werent really shit...if you focus on one thing for a while shit will start to change but thats about it, only lasts like half an hour

smoke shrooms while shrooming though, that will kick the trip into gear pretty good

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1275364 - 02/03/03 04:49 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I don't think smoking shrooms would ever produce results nearly as powerful as eating them.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefelix
 User Gallery

#1275642 - 02/03/03 06:29 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

fuck it dude, try it out...
just try not to torch and burn it too much and you may get something from it :smirk:

--------------------
Real botanists laugh at HPS systems, we do however use high pressure sodium in the parking lot. - artthug

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
    #1276955 - 02/04/03 06:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

isnt it DMT that your tripping from when you smoke shrooms? I know DMT is inactive orally, and i also know that psilocybes contain DMT as well as a multidude of tryptamine based compunds.

When people say you wont trip from psilocybin/psilocin they are right, but when people say you dont trip AT ALL. well then , i think thats the question....

wait a second.. i forgot to do a search. Im sure people have said what i just did 10 times over..... lol oh well.

-outdoorhaze-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Offlinedarkfly
LysergicExperimenter

Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: ODhaze]
    #1276968 - 02/04/03 06:13 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

From Erowid

Quote:

There continue to be rumors that some psilocybian mushrooms contain small quantities of DMT, yet no chemical analysis that we know of has shown the presence of DMT. If it is to be found, it's in microscopic quantities, and as DMT is not orally active without an MAOI (monoamine oxidase inhibitor)...it is quite unlikely to have any noticeable effect.

--------------------
Everything Is Blue In This World. The Deepest Shade Of Mushroom Blue.

OfflinePHARMAKOS
addict
Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: darkfly]
    #1277303 - 02/04/03 07:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

it really isnt worth it. if you eat it IT WILL WORK. if you smoke it it ALMOST DEFINETLY WONT. i mean why take that risk? even for those who say theyve tried it and felt effects, i dont think anyone has ever said it works better. However, once when already tripping (like the guy above) i smoked a bowl of the mush and started to trip diffrently and harder for a short time. it was fun and the amount was very small. i think its possible that there is some kind of an effect here but still if you want to smoke something smoke some weed. this will intensify your mush trip even more than the mush. if you want to eat something, eat your mush. or something. but really its not a good idea.

OfflineODhaze
outdoorhaze

Loc: in the haze
Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: darkfly]
    #1277457 - 02/04/03 08:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Here is a quote from the psilocybin mushroom FAQ at the lycaeum,

Quote:

Indole derivative Amount (microg.)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

5-Benzyloxy-3-indole acetic acid 2
N,N-Dimethyltryptamine hydrogen-oxalate [aka DMT] 4
Gramine 40
3-Hydroxyethyl indole 2
5-Hydroxy-3-indole acetic acid 2
5-Hydroxyindole 4
3-Hydroxymethylindole 2
5-Hydroxytryptamine creatine sulfate [aka Serotonin] 4
5-Hydroxytryptophane 2
Indole 4
3-Indoleacetamide 2
3-Indole acetic acid 2
3-Indoleacetic acid ethyl ester 2
3-Indoleacetonitrile 2
3-Indolealdehyde 40
3-Indoleacetaldehyde 2
3-Indolecarboxylic acid 4
3-Indolelactic acid 2
gamma-(Indole)-N-butyric acid 4
beta-Indole-3-acrylic acid 2
beta-(Indole-3)-propionic acid 4
Indoxylacetate 2
Indoxylbutyrate 2
Isatin 2
5-Methoxy-2-carboxyindole 2
5-Methoxydimethyltryptamine monooxalate [aka Bufotenine] 4
5-Methoxyindole 4
2-Methylindole 2
3-Methylindole 4
5-Methylindole 4
5-Methyltryptophane 2
N-Methyltryptophane 2
Tryptamine hydrochloride 4
L-Tryptophane 0.8

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

its true though, smoking mushrooms is definatley a waste of shrooms/time

-outdoorhaze-

--------------------
I believe i will go out to the seashore, let the waves wash my mind. Gunna open up my head now just to see what i can find...

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
    #1287252 - 02/07/03 02:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

ive just smoked straight shrooms with no effect the idea is stupid i think, its just like red rock "opium", crush it up and put in a bowl lol, yea yer inhaling chemicals but its not gunna make u trip lol, heat kills psilos anyway, that is just plain ludacris to smoke shrooms, placebo effect, , its the placebo effect, and of course if u mix it with weed or any other drug you will more easily fall victim to the placebo effect, the whole idea is silly

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: deprave]
    #1287257 - 02/07/03 02:19 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I would think cultivators would be more knowlagable of this lol

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: ]
    #1287492 - 02/07/03 04:22 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

only the animita is smokable
that anit no bull!

--------------------

OfflineJeroen198
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maastricht, The Netherlan...
    #1288978 - 02/07/03 01:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

when already tripping, smoke shrooms if only for the weirdest smoke experience ever, in terms of flavour. It will seem like you're smoking stuff from a different planet, and most likely you will definitely feel something, placebo effect or not..

i cant believe how many people talk about this being a waste of shrooms. well ok, maybe it is, but so is eating them every week or even more often. If you have the skill to grow them you will not often worry about running out of shrooms, so, like others said, just try it, then judge for yourself

Invisibleblahblahblah
Mad Scientist

Loc: South America
Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: Jeroen198]
    #1290612 - 02/08/03 08:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It works, just not well. I did it back in 8th or ninth grade, we made a joint with a cap we had a cap we had found stashed away in my friends room. Kind of reminded me of weed from what I remember. It was a long time ago, but I remember it did work. If you are going to do it though just eat them, smoking them is a waste (unless you have a bunch laying around, then try it and tell us if it works for ya)

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: deprave]
    #1290813 - 02/08/03 09:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ive just smoked straight shrooms with no effect the idea is stupid i think, its just like red rock "opium", crush it up and put in a bowl lol, yea yer inhaling chemicals but its not gunna make u trip lol, heat kills psilos anyway, that is just plain ludacris to smoke shrooms, placebo effect, , its the placebo effect, and of course if u mix it with weed or any other drug you will more easily fall victim to the placebo effect, the whole idea is silly

red rock is dragon's blood incense. proven.

OfflineTylershatto5
Psily Sybe
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana
Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: Anonymous]
    #24007277 - 01/13/17 02:06 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

only time i tried it i was already fried lol bc a young friend wanted to try and i think it placebo effected him lol

--------------------
I dont ask for opinions i ask for facts!

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: smoking mushrooms [Re: Tylershatto5]
    #24007474 - 01/13/17 03:03 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Make a freebased extract of the Shrooms and smoke the extract, don't smoke the Shrooms. I'm curious if a freebased extract can be smoked, and i've heard from a few people who say they've done it and it works. Makes me also wanna try to freebase 4-ACO-DMT and smoke that, see how it goes. If i had an abundance of Shrooms i'd most likely try to extract from it like i've extracted DMT from Mimosa or Acacia using washing soda and 99% isopropyl alcohol. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work, and someone should totally try it out.

--------------------

OfflineBrotherManBill
Time Traveler
 User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #24007537 - 01/13/17 03:25 PM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

ODhaze said:

isnt it DMT that your tripping from when you smoke shrooms?  I know DMT is inactive orally, and i also know that psilocybes contain DMT as well as a multidude of tryptamine based compunds.

When people say you wont trip from psilocybin/psilocin they are right, but when people say you dont trip AT ALL.  well then , i think thats the question....

wait a second.. i forgot to do a search.  Im sure people have said what i just did 10 times over..... lol oh well.

-outdoorhaze-

Neither psilocybin or psilocin contain DMT. They are very closely related, though.

I find it hard to believe this would work unless using pure psilocybin. Even then it would be a crapshoot, because there is no dosage information available. The threshold dose for psilocybin is like 5mg or something, and it's not likely you will obtain any.

If you really wanna smoke a few grams of mushrooms go for it. I feel it would be a huge waste, and disappointment if you think its going to work. If you have a volcano or some other electric vaporizer I would say that's your best bet. Otherwise just eat em.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds