Home | Community | Message Board

North Spore
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleI_was_the_walrus
eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: next door
Help with a windows torrent
    #12880317 - 07/11/10 12:42 AM (11 years, 22 days ago)

So say you have a windows xp torrent downloaded in an rar file. How would you go about getting that to a cd for another computer to install? Unzip and burn the iso file with image burn? Ive done it with games, but I dont know about a windows install disc.

Im good with changing the boot sequence in bios and all that. Im just not sure about getting the file to a cd that would be recognizable by the computer for a clean boot/install.

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
Re: Help with a windows torrent [Re: I_was_the_walrus]
    #12880402 - 07/11/10 01:01 AM (11 years, 22 days ago)

yes.  the following is a good one if u can find it.

Microsoft.Windows.XP.Professional.SP3.Integrated.October.2009.Corporate.Unattended-UP2DATE

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

Invisiblecortex
[ H ] ψ = [ E ] ψ
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gedankenexperiment
Re: Help with a windows torrent [Re: iateshaggy]
    #12880713 - 07/11/10 02:38 AM (11 years, 22 days ago)

i can attest to that, i am pretty sure i'm running the exact one on one of my laptops right now!

--------------------

Signature (up to 750 characters).

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #12883293 - 07/11/10 06:25 PM (11 years, 21 days ago)

the same process of unraring the archive, and burning the ISO is the same. you should be good if you have burning software

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Help with a windows torrent [Re: tak]
    #12884179 - 07/11/10 10:06 PM (11 years, 21 days ago)

Yeah I got it. Down side was the file I downloaded was loaded with malware. It pretty much locked up my whole computer. Couldnt open anything. "So and so file is infected. Purchase this antivirus software to remove the virus". It did this with everything. I couldnt even open the start menu. So after going in safe mode and checking and removing a few things I delete what Im sure the problem is. Some unknown .exe files.

I start back up and no pop ups. Seems everythings fine. But now the internet doesnt work. All my internet settings are the way they should be. I even went into my TCP/IP settings and manually put in DNS server addresses. After a few hours...I give up. I realize, odds are no matter what I do Im probably not going to get everything back to where it once was. Shits fucked up, deal with it. I got my old trusty XP disk and did a fresh install.

On a side note...a few other questions. I have 3 computers here that are identical. Mine, and two others. This old XP install disk is what Ive used on this computer since day one. Its a cracked 32 bit version a buddy gave me a while back. So Im trying to install it on these 2 other computers for friends, and it wont install. It wont copy a bunch of the .dll files, then blue screen ntfs.sys is shutting down windows blah blah. Whats the deal? Why does it install on mine, clean first try every time but non of the others? Ive swapped out a few different hard drives just to troubleshoot. No good.

Offlineiateshaggy
i haxor 360s
Male User Gallery

Loc: 612 Warf Avenue, next to....
    #12884848 - 07/12/10 12:27 AM (11 years, 21 days ago)

do a google search for the one i already showed you, find a good pc to burn it on.  it is the most current and clean boot disk out right now.

--------------------
You are a filipina sex goddess who wants to fuck me until I fall asleep, so then you can tickle my balls and see if the legend of my diamond filled nutsuck is true.  I am a white man from costa rica, who smells like lime jello.

I can flash/jtag/repair 360's, pm for details.

eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Help with a windows torrent [Re: iateshaggy]
    #12885775 - 07/12/10 06:08 AM (11 years, 21 days ago)

I think where I went wrong is when I googled it I found newer versions. This is the october 09 version. Im finding june 10 up2date. Im like oh thats even better. I guess not.

Invisibletak
geo's henchman
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: nowhereland
    #12891704 - 07/13/10 10:39 AM (11 years, 19 days ago)

What sort of computer is it? Something you bought or built?

I would make sure in your bios your hard drive controller is set to ATA and not AHCI.

--------------------
The DJ's took pills to stay awake and play for seven days.

eggshells
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Help with a windows torrent [Re: tak]
    #12898607 - 07/14/10 05:27 PM (11 years, 18 days ago)

A friend bought a bunch of these old computers from some school auction, then moved to another state like 2 years ago. Left all his shit here. Not sure what the hard drive controller is set to, but everything here was already installed and working before (I think). All I did was swap out a few hard drives with some ram and try to re-install windows. Only difference is it all works and installs perfect on my computer, but non of the others even though theyre all the same models with the same guts. Now they wont even display anything on the monitor.

So anyhow I ended up grabbing another computer from my basement I havent used in years. Put in a new hard drive with a slave and installed the software just fine.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom