Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Loc: cave
WHO wants war?
    #1288939 - 02/07/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Does anyone of you want war? I do not want war, even Saddam doea not wants war. So, it seems that people do not want war. But, who actually wants the war? Is that somebody actually the real enemy of the human kind? I think, YES.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: WHO wants war? [Re: Crobih]
    #1289006 - 02/07/03 01:30 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Saddam just doesn't want war with us. He was very content to wage war on his own people and those in surrounding countries.

I am for war, and if that means that YOU THINK I am an enemy of man, so be it. Remember, the enemy of man saved the world from a crazed German tyrant.

InvisibleMushMushi
Loc: Canada
Re: WHO wants war? [Re: Anonymous]
    #1289048 - 02/07/03 01:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well, that ennemy of man was late during both world wars.
I still do not understand why you would actually want a war in there.
Don't you know there are other possibilities than war?

Anonymous

Re: WHO wants war? [Re: MushMushi]
    #1289058 - 02/07/03 01:52 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes, like sanctions. Clearly economic sanctions have forced Saddam to disarm. He just must have forgotten to videotape the destruction of his chemical weapons.

InvisibleMushMushi
Loc: Canada
    #1289063 - 02/07/03 01:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You must also like to see milions of innocent iraqi die because of these sanctions too.

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
    #1289064 - 02/07/03 01:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

sure. among other stuff, the war can not fight the idea that the oligarchy is not competent any more for ruling the world.

Anonymous

#1289076 - 02/07/03 01:57 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm millions eh? Did we kill millions of civilians in the first war?

Anonymous

#1289120 - 02/07/03 02:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

No but we killed plenty of Iraqis who likely didnt even want to fight for Saddam.

And we will likely do it again. Wonderful.

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #1289191 - 02/07/03 02:44 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What's going stonedfish?  Haven't you enlisted yet, like you said you would?

Or is there a new military policy allowing recruits in basic training to spend hours everyday on internet drug sites? :tongue: 

Offlinesirreal
devoid
Loc: In the borderlands
    #1289206 - 02/07/03 02:52 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

.I am for war, and if that means that YOU THINK I am an enemy of man, so be it. Remember, the enemy of man saved the world from a crazed German tyrant.

Why do people keep comparing this situation to the one during world war 2!
I know,stonedfish, that is not precisely what you are doing. I am not attacking you personally, but I think that any comparison at all is erroneous. Saddam is not a fraction of the threat that Hitler was. Any claim that he is, is propaganda at its best!

--------------------
I may not always tell the truth, but atleast I'm honest
-----------

I see what everyone is saying. It is so hard to form an opinion when you see both sides so clearly!

Anonymous

Re: WHO wants war? [Re: sirreal]
    #1289397 - 02/07/03 04:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

A tyrant with genocidal tendencies in power, willing to use chemical weapons on his own people. He has invaded neighboring countries and openly praises attacks on the allies. Who could I be talking about?

You are right, this is not at all like WWII. Saddam isn't white.

BTW, Echo: I enlisted last November and ship off to boot camp in June.

Edited by stonedfish (02/07/03 04:10 PM)

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1289525 - 02/07/03 05:15 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The majority wants war.

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
    #1289704 - 02/07/03 06:50 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

A tyrant with genocidal tendencies in power, willing to use chemical weapons on his own people. He has invaded neighboring countries and openly praises attacks on the allies. Who could I be talking about?

The difference is that hitler was the head of a powerful country.

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1289718 - 02/07/03 06:54 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Do you actually believe this shit? When Saddam was using chemical weapons on Iran and Halabja the US was desperate to sell him more. This isn't about freeing the world from a tyrant or they would have done it then instead of supporting and arming him.

And comparing him to Hitler is moronic. Hitler was at the head of the most powerful army ever assembled and invaded half of Europe. Saddam rules a country where 700,000 kids under 5 have died in the last 10 years from lack of basic medicine and clean water. His army is about as dangerous as the Hare Krishnas.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#1289762 - 02/07/03 07:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I think we should bomb them because they aren't allowed to have bombs, and to show that having bombs and using them is bad.. Yeah, that sounds pretty good to me.

Its like the death penalty. Why do we kill people who kill people to show that killing people is bad?

I think war is the answer to everything... I mean, its been the answer all the other wars... People get happy to go to war. Lets fight for peace everyone.. yay, yay yay..........!!!!!!!!!

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1289765 - 02/07/03 07:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

A tyrant with genocidal tendencies in power

Sadly, the world has known plenty of these. Are they all Hitlers now?

willing to use chemical weapons on his own people

It's not clear what happened to the Kurds when Iraq and Iran were at war. Both sides were using chemical warfare. see this if you haven't noticed the various links we've had here already.

And if Saddam--and does anyone doubt that he is a murderous tyrant?--would be willing to do that, that would only put him in a semi-elite group of murderous, genocidal despots the world has seen. Remember that Hitler was marching all over Europe. Hussein didn't even get through Iran, and Iraq was squashed after it invaded Kuwait. There's just no comparison.

He has invaded neighboring countries and openly praises attacks on the allies.

Just a few months before Iraq invaded Kuwait, the U.S. invaded Panama. The U.S. and Britain backed Iraq in its war against Iran.

InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
    #1289890 - 02/07/03 08:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I don't see how anyone could actually want war.  We are such intelligent beings.  We should be able to find ways to work things out other than killing innocent people. 

War is nothing but unjustified justified murder.  One would have to be inhuman to actually want such a thing as war.  It just doesn't make sense to me how you could want so many members of your own race to die for some cause that I don't think anyone really fully comprehends.

I have a big sign taped to my window that says "No War!"  I think the majority of people in the United States today, except for the inhuman ones, that is, are like me in that they are against the war.  But I guess what the majority wants doesn't really matter in this "democratic" country anymore.

If it did matter, Al Gore would be president and I don't think we would be in a situation like we are now at all.  That is just assumptive speculation, though.

The bottom line is that anybody who actually wants war is not human, in my opinion.  We are smarter than that.  And if our leaders are not smarter than that, which it seems like they aren't, then we need to do something to wisen them up!

This country is not just a group of politicians.  This country is the citizens who live in it, and we, as the majority, should have the say in what this country does and does not do.  I feel that we are lacking this authority very much, and need to take it back.

Protest, people, protest!  Rebel!  Revolt!

Fight for what you think is right!

And don't think that you can't do anything because when a lot of "yous" get together, a whole hell of a lot can be accomplished!

So many people have an ominous feeling of late, but I have a hopeful one.  I feel that some really good things are going to be happening in our country soon.  A lot of changes are coming, and I can't wait til they get here! :smile:

-RebelSteve

--------------------
Namaste.

Offlineinsanelane
When I touch mypeepee it getsbig
Re: WHO wants war? [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1289903 - 02/07/03 08:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

exactly. I understand that in the very worst situations, you just have to go to war. This deffinelty isn't one of them. The whole Hitler thing was an imminent threat, there was a very REALY threat of nations being dominated. The whole U.S thing is getting predictable really, like they force a country into disarming, say they are going to go to war, and keep asking for more proof, like christ it's like locking a starcing child in a closet with no food and water, hitting him with a bat a little bit, then tell him if he doesn't "fess up" there gonna make a big guy beat him up, and the big guy pretty much says he's gonna beat the kid up regardless.

OfflineCrobih
rap-cord
Re: WHO wants war? [Re: insanelane]
    #1290131 - 02/07/03 11:07 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sure. I mean, the fact that oligarchy is using propaganda to get what they want (war), does not mean that american people actually want war. Its the media, not the people. Big difference. Maybe you "righties" are not aware of it, but soon you will be.

Croaita sign up some document giving support to bush. But it is not the people of Croatia Who are not attacked by propaganda in that way. Actually 85% of people in Croa are strictily AGAINST the war. So, that means that croatian govetnement does not REPRESENT its people thoughts, but somebody others INTERESTS.

These interests are npot the interests of american people, but of somebody else. Are you aware of that? Are you aware that the real enemy of the human kind is not some shitty saddam, but somebody wo owns media in USA and more than half of the rest of the world.

Anonymous

Re: WHO wants war? [Re: Dogomush]
    #1290241 - 02/08/03 04:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Germany was all but ruined by WWI. They didn't start out powerful at all.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom