Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Milk Thistle Extract

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleStainItBlue

amanita's
    #1289336 - 02/07/03 05:44 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

it is to my knowledge that no known cases of amanitas have been grown indoors. and that they have to be grown on a living host. does the living host have to be a specific living host or can it be anything.

the reason im asking is because a friend recently innoculated straw for the first time. he noticed that the straw began to root and start growing. this did not have any effect on the mycelium groth because it still got fully colinized in spite of the straw growth and put into the chamber and fruited while little green sprouts continued to pop up. which were continually picked out.

so my question is would it be possible to grow aminitas on straw that is growing as it would be a living host?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineShroomBoarder
screechingweasel fan

Re: amanita's [Re: StainItBlue]
    #1289365 - 02/07/03 05:57 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

i think the living host has to be some kind of tree, like a conifer, i read that somewhere

--------------------

"Twizzlers, in the chinesed state...."

InvisibleStainItBlue

Re: amanita's [Re: ShroomBoarder]
    #1289392 - 02/07/03 06:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

anyone know any spore providers that sell aminita prints?

OfflineThe FUnGal FiEnD
Mister, can youplease help mypony?

#1289702 - 02/07/03 08:50 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

check erowid.org for the specific tree, either fir or birch. it is definitely a tree though, not just any living host.

--------------------
"Don't believe the florist when he tells you that the roses are free." -- Ween

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
    #1289743 - 02/07/03 09:02 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

check here for amanita spores.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineTwIg
Pariah
Male

Loc: IL USA
Re: amanita's [Re: canid]
    #1289943 - 02/07/03 10:49 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Just wanting to note here to be careful. Several strains of Amanitas are pretty damn poisonous with a very long, painful death by liver failure.

The reason there hasn't been a lot of talk of growing Amanitas as most people just don't fuck with them. Only a few out of the whole set don't contain toxins.

This is taken straight from Erowid www.erowid.org

Quote:

The following hallucinogenic species contain not psilocin/psilocybin but atropine, bufotenine, muscimol and related compounds:
? Amanita citrine, formosa, mappa, muscaria (*), pantherina, porphyria, regalis, tomentella
? Pholiota squarrosa

(*) The famed "Fly Agaric" red toadstool with white warts.

Amanita species cause 95% of all deaths from mushroom poisoning. The ones above are (reasonably) safe. The danger lies in incorrect identification. Death by Amanita poisoning is reportedly an excruciating way to die, since they destroy liver tissue and the body's own wastes then kill you. Worse yet, noticeable negative effects do not begin until 3 days after ingestion, and by then it's too late. (Note - Silymarin found in Milk Thistle seeds is one of the only substances known to protect against a majority of the liver damage caused by poisonous Amanita species, but it needs to be taken immediately after ingestion, long before any negative effects are noticed.) I would seriously recommend against toying with these; most reports say they're not even fun. If you insist, consult other sources for more information.

Here's a direct link to Erowid's Amanita site
http://www.erowid.org/plants/amanitas/amanitas.shtml

Be careful, there is a lot of conflicting research out there about Amanitas and their safety --

~TwIg~

--------------------

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
    #1289955 - 02/07/03 11:05 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

amanita's grow with Birches oaks pines and a few others.I think its possible to grow the mycelium but the fruiting part is were the trees come into it.

Many companys in the u.k are selling gel packs containing spores to plant when you plant one of the above trees.But this is just to aid the trees growth and help it establish quicker.

--------------------
er

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy Cannabis Seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon Milk Thistle Extract

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation