Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerobbyberto
Water Boy
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherlands Flag
Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: morrowasted]
    #12882819 - 07/11/10 02:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I don't consider rap to be music so rappers aren't musicians.

--------------------
“People say having kids is life changing, well that doesn’t necessarily mean a good thing, does it? I could take one of my legs off. That would change my life.” -Karl Pilkington

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinekissablemilklight
The Ever-present
Male

Loc: Pasadena, CA Flag
Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: bourndead]
    #12882834 - 07/11/10 02:37 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

This rap is so smooth.

He is one of the best MC's ever. Definitely not tops, I'd have to give MF Doom that throne

--------------------
"It's Gloom as unpredicted on this earth. I realize all the uncountable manifestations the thinking-mind invents to place wall of horror before pure realization that there is no wall and there is no horror just transcendental empty kissable milk light of everlasting eternity's pure and perfect empty nature"- Kerouac

Party Tent Brewing

Invisiblebourndead
Down to Earth by Default
 User Gallery

Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: kissablemilklight]
    #12882898 - 07/11/10 02:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Doom?

He's cool but a novelty at best, especially these days.

Drunken Poet Extraordinaire.

Plus I heard he's a real doucher when it comes to his live shows, dude either shows up hours late, doesn't show up at all or has someone else rock the mask and rap his lyrics on stage for him.

He's done some bangers for sure but doesn't even make my top 10.

But, one thing's for sure, "Opinions are like kittens, always givin' 'em away"

Cheers!

Offlinekissablemilklight
The Ever-present
Male

Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: bourndead]
    #12882935 - 07/11/10 02:59 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

For one, Doom is so fucking clever it is ridiculous, his rhymes come from places unknown. I just love him, but yeah, that is my opinion.

The live show thing comes with the persona, he is Dr. Doom. Dr. Doom, the comic book character has these things called doom-bots, robots that act and think they are dr. doom when not in the presence of the real Dr. Doom. They do his shit for him when he is working on something else. So MF Doom has his doom-bots, who do his live shows for him when he is either too wasted or far too into something else. I think it is an amazing marketing ploy.

So many other good mc's though out there. Monch is sick, Snoop is one of the greatest (his chronic/doggystyle days), Andre 300 and Big Boi are awesome. The list goes on and on and on.

--------------------
"It's Gloom as unpredicted on this earth. I realize all the uncountable manifestations the thinking-mind invents to place wall of horror before pure realization that there is no wall and there is no horror just transcendental empty kissable milk light of everlasting eternity's pure and perfect empty nature"- Kerouac

Party Tent Brewing

OfflineFrost
Inside a locked room
Male User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: robbyberto]
    #12883021 - 07/11/10 03:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

robbyberto said:
I don't consider rap to be music so rappers aren't musicians.

Nobody gives a fuck what you consider anything. :shrug:

--------------------
“I have lived on the lip of insanity, wanting to know reasons, knocking on a door. It opens.
I've been knocking from the inside.” - Rumi

“The nitrogen in our DNA, the calcium in our teeth, the iron in our blood, the carbon in our apple pies were made in the interiors of collapsing stars. We are made of starstuff.” - Carl Sagan

Invisiblebourndead
Down to Earth by Default
 User Gallery

Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: kissablemilklight]
    #12883026 - 07/11/10 03:17 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kissablemilklight said:
For one, Doom is so fucking clever it is ridiculous, his rhymes come from places unknown. I just love him, but yeah, that is my opinion.

The live show thing comes with the persona, he is Dr. Doom. Dr. Doom, the comic book character has these things called doom-bots, robots that act and think they are dr. doom when not in the presence of the real Dr. Doom. They do his shit for him when he is working on something else. So MF Doom has his doom-bots, who do his live shows for him when he is either too wasted or far too into something else. I think it is an amazing marketing ploy.

So many other good mc's though out there. Monch is sick, Snoop is one of the greatest (his chronic/doggystyle days), Andre 300 and Big Boi are awesome. The list goes on and on and on.

Yeah, I guess I can understand if he was trying to keep in character bout it, but I heard the stories from Promoters who were none to happy with the fact they put down 15grand and didn't get what they paid for >.<

--------------------
"I don't have a God complex, you've got a simple God"

OfflineFry
Interior Crocodile Alligator
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: morrowasted]
    #12883038 - 07/11/10 03:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Eminem used to take a hit of acid or MDMA before every live show to get him "hyped up". :smile:
Just sayin'.

--------------------
:peace::heartpump::shineon:

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #12883048 - 07/11/10 03:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Doom is a badass, maybe he left his best stuff in the past and is not the best ever but he is hardly a novelty and definitely has skill

And I can't believe you even mentioned Sage Francis in this thread.

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Invisiblebourndead
Down to Earth by Default
 User Gallery

Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #12883092 - 07/11/10 03:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You're right, I'm sorry I ever doubted Doom's infallibility.

I just can't believe you can't believe a fellow music lover, such as yourself, would have an opinion on an artist they enjoy in this thread.

I'd rather watch Murs play live than Doom, and I don't even like Murs.

Just saying.

Edited by bourndead (07/11/10 03:40 PM)

Invisibleblazenn
rawdog the whale.
Male

Loc: Flag
    #12883326 - 07/11/10 04:32 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

kissablemilklight said:

This rap is so smooth.

He is one of the best MC's ever. Definitely not tops, I'd have to give MF Doom that throne

meh. doom's better on beats than he is on the mic IMO

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

#12883455 - 07/11/10 04:58 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

At least we can agree murs sucks:smile:

--------------------
"And we, inhabitants of the great coral of the Cosmos, believe the atom (which still we cannot see) to be full matter, whereas, it too, like everything else, is but an embroidery of voids in the Void, and we give the name of being, dense and even eternal, to that dance of inconsistencies, that infinite extension that is identified with absolute Nothingness and that spins from its own non-being the illusion of everything."

Invisiblebourndead
Down to Earth by Default
 User Gallery

Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: DirtMcgirt]
    #12883472 - 07/11/10 05:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DirtMcgirt said:
At least we can agree murs sucks:)

Haha, yup.

Living Legends had some bangers in their day though, but some of their heads stood out more than others.

What ever happened to Scarab? Dude used to be dope back in the day but when I moved out of So-Cal I sorta lost touch/grew out of that whole scene, save for the Low End Theory and Alpha Pup heads.

OfflineKetamineKatalyst
Skyhighatrist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Koma Kluster
    #12883496 - 07/11/10 05:10 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

eminem :puke:

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutely ruthless and highly indifferent: it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not." John C. Lilly

InvisibleDirtMcgirt
in a pinch
 User Gallery

#12883526 - 07/11/10 05:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Low end is still crackin, other than that I don't pay too much attention...

love this mix, love the airliner...best thing to do on a wed night:gethigh:
http://www.alphapuprecords.net/podcast/episode13_daddykev_nocando.mp3

--------------------

Edited by DirtMcgirt (07/11/10 05:27 PM)

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill Flag
Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: KetamineKatalyst]
    #12883534 - 07/11/10 05:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Musician? :lol:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

Offlinekissablemilklight
The Ever-present
Male

#12883648 - 07/11/10 05:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

DirtMcgirt said:
Low end is still crackin, other than that I don't pay too much attention...

love this mix, love the airliner...best thing to do on a wed night:gethigh:
http://www.alphapuprecords.net/podcast/episode13_daddykev_nocando.mp3

Low End is dead IMO. I started going right when I turned 18 in 2008 when the crowd was like, me, my 10 homies, and the LA beat makers. Now its a bunch of scene kids who go their because it is the thing to do. Still sick artists, but the vibe of Low End is so much different than it used to be.

Oh, and Chali 2na is fuckin legit

--------------------

Party Tent Brewing

OfflineBreakfast Crew
Cheerios
Male

#12883724 - 07/11/10 06:06 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I don't like his music personally, it's all about life being too hard (Whaa whaa, my mommy didnt like me).  Tell em to suck it up, there's worse shit happening everyday other than failing to be a "social norm".

OfflineHeffy
BrauMeister
 User Gallery

Loc: International Traveller
Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: LicHmicrO]
    #12883780 - 07/11/10 06:15 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

LicHmicrO said:
eminem offically sold more albums than anyone from the 2000-2010 period

I understand that doesnt make him the most famous rapper, but he is by far the most successful

It is worth noting that Jay-Z recently became the biggest selling artist of all time, by selling more total records than the previous biggest selling artist Elvis Presley.

--------------------
I am the king of Rome, and above grammar! - Emperor Sigismund

Invisiblebourndead
Down to Earth by Default
 User Gallery

Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: Heffy]
    #12883835 - 07/11/10 06:27 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:
Quote:

LicHmicrO said:

I understand that doesnt make him the most famous rapper, but he is by far the most successful

It is worth noting that Jay-Z recently became the biggest selling artist of all time, by selling more total records than the previous biggest selling artist Elvis Presley.

The Beatles are the biggest selling artist of all time, followed by Elvis, Michael Jackson, Abba and Queen.

Eminem is apparently the top selling Hip Hop artist of all time with ~80million in sales, followed by Tupac in #2 at ~75million sold, with Jay Z as #3 best selling hip hop artist of all time, at ~50million.

There is not a snowball's chance in hell that either of them would near the Beatles or Elvis's album sales, not in our lifetime, or the next. They, like many/most hip hop artists/acts do not reach a wide enough base to do so, nor do many of their albums stand the test of time, unlike those topping the list as biggest selling artists of all time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_music_artists

edited to add tupac, it seems i overlooked his name on the list.

OfflineBreakfast Crew
Cheerios
Male

Re: eminem is probably the most famous musician of my generation [Re: Heffy]
    #12883839 - 07/11/10 06:28 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Heffy said:
Quote:

LicHmicrO said:

The population nearly tripled since then, along with the stupid fucking cattles that reproduce for no reason.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next >  [ show all ]

Myyco.com Shop: Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale