Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

2 strains in one casing
    #1287885 - 02/07/03 06:27 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I put 2 strains ( PF albino, and PF classic ) into a casing tray hoping I could produce something new, but I just ended up with white caps growing beside brown caps. ( I wish I would have taken a picture, since I dont think the albino strain is available anymore ) Is it possible for strains to cross like this, or do they stay isolated as mycelium? BTW has anyone ever had luck with the albino's, I couldn't get them to fruit for shit compared to the PF classic.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Edited by peruvian spark (02/07/03 06:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
Re: 2 strains in one casing [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1287899 - 02/07/03 06:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: 2 strains in one casing [Re: I_Fart_Blue]
    #1287932 - 02/07/03 06:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I already did a Full Forum search for "albino strain" and "crossing strains" and my post is the only one there! I know you can't just cross strains, but since the Albino is a mutant I was thinking maybe some wierd crosses and experiments could be done with it.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflineI_Fart_Blue
Stranger

Loc: SItting on the Group W Be...
    #1287950 - 02/07/03 06:48 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I see. That wasn't too clear from your first post. To answer your question though, no you cannot (as far as I know). I don't think anything woudl be anything different just because the albino strain is a mutant. I am not really familiar with it to tell you the truth. There is an excelent post in the cultivation FAQ's concerning this general topic. If you have not already done so, check it out.

--------------------
"A study of the history of opinion is a necessary preliminary to the emancipation of the mind. I do not know which makes a man more conservative-to know nothing but the present, or nothing but the past." -John Maynard Keynes

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1287975 - 02/07/03 06:59 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

In a way mutations are a recessive trait . Most likely will be lost by dominant genes in any crossbreed that may occur .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

#1288056 - 02/07/03 07:37 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I tried the PF albino once just for kicks, and I loved it. I think its potency was similiar to the PF classic, but they look so much cooler when they bruise. PF doesnt offer it anymore, and I dont have it anymore because you cant print it. I'd clone a fruit if I was you, because its likely to disappear. What I wanna know is how did PF get away with sending Mycellium culture syringes????

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: 2 strains in one casing [Re: BladeLSD]
    #1288074 - 02/07/03 07:43 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I dont think they were mycelial culture syringes. I set them up PF style and then broke up the cakes ( I didnt use spawn to set the casings up), if thats what you thought I did. But the albinos that I grew were always small and warped and I didnt even get the opportunity to try to print one. They were white though!

--------------------

Offlinemike
iHugTrees

#1288345 - 02/07/03 09:40 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

quick opinion question,
pf classic, good or no good?
(currently colonizing a few jars.)

--------------------
Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy.
-Albert Einstein

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: 2 strains in one casing [Re: mike]
    #1288430 - 02/07/03 10:10 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The classic is pretty good all around. About 2.5 grams to really get going, 3.5 to be gone. I've been growing this strain for 4 years using my own spores and it hasn't let me down yet! There are prettier mushies out there tho.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds High THC Strains   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck