Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: CeeEssGee]
    #1281631 - 02/05/03 10:45 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why...because we aren't worried about every and all things that go on with our mind?

If you can't handle the risks and the side effects of drug use...

You shouldn't be using period.

I find it equally sickening that people, who complain about hppd(and VARIOUS other things), are even using hallucenogenics

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebowling-name
sleuth

Loc: Mirror in the Sky
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: thelox]
    #1281940 - 02/05/03 12:39 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Length and severity vary. Some individuals report minor 'breathing' or CEVs when under stress. Some people have much more active visuals lasting for years (the longest recorded case in medical literature that I am aware of is just over five years long). These more 'extreme' cases seem like they have the potential to be debilitating/tiring/distracting. Then again, depending on your constitution (and judging from the comments of others in this forum) it would seem a person can get used to just about anything when he/she doesn't have a choice about it.

While I understand the "if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen" mentality, I'm not sure that many people starting out with using hallucinogens are aware of HPPD as a possible consequence. Its rarely listed as a potential outcome even on sites as informative as the Lyceum or Erowid. I remember hearing about "flashbacks" with long-time LSD users, but it was always falsely described as a temporary and sudden return to the delusional/paranoid thought patterns; i.e. more sloppy inaccurate anti-drug info.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: bowling-name]
    #1282058 - 02/05/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

" it would seem a person can get used to just about anything when he/she doesn't have a choice about it"

It's like your saying, no matter what...it IS a bad thing...but we get used to it(making it a good thing). Just the way your wording is...that's the way it sounds.

I'm glad it happens. Glad. I knew about it when I started...and hoped I'd get it. I'm more 'open' to what I call the real reality. I notice things more...yes things move, warp, I see fractals, and when I'm stoned I can get some very intense visuals(my bed rippling like water when I looked at it), and so on. This is something I WANTED before I started using. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I agree though, a lot of people don't know about hppd before starting to use, and if they do...there is a lot of 'loose' information on the subject. Like you said, sloppy information. For the most part anyway.

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

InvisibleshroomGod420
Loc: Southern U.S.
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1282532 - 02/05/03 03:14 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I wouldn't go as far as sayin that i have that crap.  but when i first started trippin 7 years ago i had breathing an trails an patterns for the first couple months afterwards. An from then on when ever i smoke really good bud i get cev's an sometimes breathing. I don't smoke now due to probation but still get slight flashbacks from time to time. Everyone I know that has tripped more then 50+ times like myself has this affect, trails off of my hands etc. thats the only thing i still see to this day. peace out enjoy the ride hehe....    :crazy: 

--------------------
"Maui Waui x Labrador"
"this is some heavy shit man!!!!" Cheech N Chong

Offlineliftedoff420
i need drugs

Loc: fo-1-five
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: Cryptic]
    #1282633 - 02/05/03 03:56 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

sometimes when i smoke weed i get mild hallucinations very similar to mild shroom hallucinations, i never got these before i did shrooms.

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: liftedoff420]
    #1282660 - 02/05/03 04:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thanks soo much for posting this. i thought i was crazy.

I remember being little and havin visuals. Like when i was in my room alone in tha dark befor i went to bed i would focus and have trailers and shit like taht.. At the time i thought it was my imagination at its best.
Now i have them durring tha day but they dont bother me.. They arnt ever anything huge or scary.. They're acctualy kinda relaxing and help me think and let my mind wander...

Wish i could write more.. Mabey when im more awake.....................

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Loc: DownUnder
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: shroomGod420]
    #1282664 - 02/05/03 04:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Man this is bullshit, its in yer fucking heads, I did acid constantly for a year, tooken 19 hits at a time of the best shit, and yea i felt like that, but 5 years later i didnt notice that shit anymore, you cant bow down to acid and think its so damn important, cause obviously its not important, if u tripped it doesnt make you any different a person, you gotta understand its a seperate situation, The mind does heal from hallucins

--------------------

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS TRUE I LIKE TO WRITE STORIES

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: deprave]
    #1282692 - 02/05/03 04:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

This is the reason right here all people shouldnt use hallucinations, if your a fucking hallucinagen user your mind is gunna be fucked a bit for awhile, so if you experiance the side effects of having LSD or Psilo in your body on a weekly or even mounthly basis even longer, your gunna experiance side effects, DUH, it shouldnt be labeled a disorder, of course thats why the info is so shitty, its not a disorder its a side effect of a drug, the whole concept is insane

--------------------

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

#1282705 - 02/05/03 04:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Soooo influenced by the drug war, you realy think if you use lsd your doomed or changed for life, only god is that powerfull

--------------------

Invisibledeprave
GrandmasterToker

#1282899 - 02/05/03 05:33 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Common no replys yet?

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: CeeEssGee]
    #1283028 - 02/05/03 06:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"The fact that there are people with this condition that enjoy it is making me consider the immediate disposal of all hallucenogenics that I own..."

Oh relax! Why would one continue with psychedelics if one didn't enjoy certain aspects of it?

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #1283079 - 02/05/03 07:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"i have that for sure"
what a flashback?

anyway depression pisses me off its one of those thing that deosnt REALLY exist
I can prove my point I am not just talking shit(ask if you dont belive me)

there is nothing that can measure serotonin in the brain

and if depression is genetic why are the VERY most depressed people come from countries with EVERYTHING

People are more depressed nowadays because of the way we live (TV, ads, stress, work etc etc) and pollution
if you say its chemical I will say!!!!!!!! pollution !!
people are not "made to fail"
if its cultural I will agree

--------------------

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
    #1283082 - 02/05/03 07:08 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

What the fuck its just a flashback

if you are in a "serious" situation (car crash etc etc ) you can relive that (good or bad )
experience this is NO DIFFERENT

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: Psilocybeingzz]
    #1283342 - 02/05/03 11:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've got HPPD...

Mildly tho. When I look at the carpet or other amorphous surfaces (like especially TV static) I see breathing and patterns. I can diminish or intensify it, but it's always there, never had that before my shroomuse. Looking at TV static is ab-so-lutely fascinating: Alot of symbolics emerge, at will or at "random". Most of the time, the Static Channel is the most interesting one of the entire tube & one doesn't need a TV guide for it! Carpet patterning and breathing can be VERY intense, even as strong as an average Trip I take.

But there's another side to it. The intensity of the visuals corresponds with the intensity of a trip-like emotional lability. Well, better put: a tendency to extremer emotions, as well as increased capability to think deeper about stuff.

All in all, It's just like tripping, but different in nature. When I first noticed it it scared the living daylights out of me. OMG! What's this?!
Then I got the feeling it would leave me soon.
It didn't.

Now, months later, I'm almost completely at peace with it. I don't think it's braindamage (there would be no controlling it, then) at all but kind of a learning process. As a kid dad puts you on a bike with those uncool sidewheels on it. A little later you can ride it yourself and the sidewheels come off.

THIS IS IT. Tripping TEACHES you to enter this state of consciousness, so that eventually (took me over 50 Trips) you can do it without ingesting something. Since it's not using an external tool (like a bike) but an internal one (a state of consciousness) it becomes semi-permanent. If it goes away you either repress or replace the ability with other things.

At first it has scared my pants off. Now it's a super ability, greatly boosting my abilities of Meditation and I think (gulp!) it has made me a better person.

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinethelox
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: Asante]
    #1283349 - 02/05/03 11:20 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I amazed by the number of people on here that have this along with
myself. Also this is something that there isn't any thorough info
on, almost like it was in the closet. For those that don't have it,
I don't think it's disturbing unless you let it be.

Offlinethelox
    #1283356 - 02/05/03 11:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Oh here's a question.. would an eye doctor be able to tell that your
eyes are messed if you have this condition or does it have more to
do with the brain? It just seems to me that all the hallucinations
put a strain on my eyes after a while.

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1283438 - 02/06/03 01:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It's normal to see CEVs. I've been seeing them for as long as I can remember. When I started tripping I became more aware of them. The CEVs I see while tripping are an expansion of the CEVs I have always seen.

I get OEVs aswell. I also think that these have always been there, but it's only since I started tripping that I've become aware of them.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#1283558 - 02/06/03 02:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ehmm...

Nope, an eye-doctor won't see it, it's a brain thing. At the summit of HPPD I checked and as expected there was no mydriasis (pupil dilation) present.
If you think you've got it: try to find peace with it. It's extremely hard to suppress with pharms (if not impossible) and this should only be tried at last resort & under strict medical supervision.

Some HPPD goes away, some won't, I guess. Usually it's weeks to months. But I believe it to be innocent in nature, only giving rise to problems if one tries to resist it, or if the distortions prove too distracting/warping for, for instance, reading properly. Psychedelics are not toys. If you seek Insight and Miracle, you may take that along when the Trip ends. Should your objective be to get "F#cked up" you might find yourself in this state for weeks to come.

Shroom responsibly!

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

Offlinebowling-name
sleuth

Loc: Mirror in the Sky
    #1285804 - 02/06/03 02:39 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

This is the reason right here all people shouldnt use hallucinations, if your a fucking hallucinagen user your mind is gunna be fucked a bit for awhile, so if you experiance the side effects of having LSD or Psilo in your body on a weekly or even mounthly basis even longer, your gunna experiance side effects, DUH, it shouldnt be labeled a disorder, of course thats why the info is so shitty, its not a disorder its a side effect of a drug, the whole concept is insane

According to the criteria in the definition of HPPD, it is not a "disorder" if it does not impair functioning. This is an important and touchy issue among psychologists and psychiatrists as in the past, failure to pay attention to this distinction has lead to the branding of things like PMS and homosexuality as diseases.

Culture has always dictated what behavior or experience is OK and what behavior or experience is pathological. This both inhibits individual human experience (a bad thing) and insures social cohesion (a good thing).

"Madness" itself is arguably a social construct; however, when the majority of people in society choose to treat perceptions that differ from their own as being wrong/bad, it seems like this would inevitably lead to conflict/difficulty between people who experience symptoms of hppd and people who do not (such as their family/employers/etc). It's heartening to hear about people who have taken their 'mental illness' and found ways to make it work in their favor. This is true whether I ask about hppd (a phenomenon I find interesting and whose prevelance I rightly guessed is higher in the shroomery community than among the circles of people I know in the 'real world.'), bi-polar or dissociaive disorders, or amnesia.

To say that such experiences are 'bull-shit;' that depression 'doesn't exist;' that experience and emotion are 'all in your head,' misses the point:

Of course hppd 'is what you make of it;' I only started this thread to see what exactly people have made of it.

By the way, I'm not going to respond to statements about God being the only thing capable of leading to profound or powerful changes in a person's thinking/lives. We'll never come to an agreement on that one.

OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
    #1287021 - 02/06/03 09:34 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The sky always has a "TV white noise" effect to it, and I see colored spots sometimes, and definite change in my thought pattern... you really see what's bad in this world and what's not!!

I've never had a bad trip, weird trips but no bad ones! I do not regret any of my trips, and honestly I'd have to say that some of my trips (while hard to remember) have been some of the most amazing things I've encountered in my life... unforgettable!!

Peace
Gthirteens - "It's all I ever smoke"

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order