Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Sheepish]
    #1283118 - 02/05/03 07:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I agree.

Here's a question, sort of unrelated, to anyone......do you think it's necessarily good for the pupils to become SO big(like...they fill up a good portion of my eye...which isn't normal. Would tripping a fair amount, be not good for the pupils?)...lol stupid question...but gotta know

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1283751 - 02/06/03 04:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

as long as you're not staring into the sun or bright light the whole time, its not bad

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineOutkastSlug
Musician/Performer

Loc: B.C., Canada
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Strumpling]
    #1283774 - 02/06/03 04:28 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I would have to say that I should avoid mirrors while tripping. I think most people can handle it, but I know exactly what that guys friend went through. I'd been told mirrors were really cool while tripping too, so last time I gave it a try. I got stuck in front of the mirror for an hour. It was not fun. My face looked all morbid and grotesque, and when I stared into my eyes, I started thinking about life. It was as if I saw every aspect of my life from a different point of view. I went over everything that had ever happened to me that had an effect on my life. Then it was if I started to see what it was going to be like in the future. But neither of these psuedo-visions were happy ones. My life seemed horrible. Every part of it just seemed wrong and didn't make sense. The the future seemed to be even worse. Everything was going downhill, fast. I saw myself as a total failure. Someone who couldn't do anything but screw up. I finally managed to break myself away from the mirror. At that point I just tried to go to sleep. But then I got thinking that my blanket was a spider and it was trying to eat me. Yeah, it was pretty much all downhill from there... I guess I just wasn't in a proper mental state to be doing shrooms. I've been really depressed lately. And that didn't help much. I still enjoyed the trip though. Nothing could possibly happen to make me not enjoy it.

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: OutkastSlug]
    #1284460 - 02/06/03 08:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

maybe you thought that thing about the spider because the blanket maybe made you feel like you were caught in a web?

dunno , but yeah the dialiation of pupils isnt a bad thing, it only lets more light into the inner - eye, which can be a bad thing if near a bright ass light.

If your staring at anything and it doesnt make you squint, your probably ok... unless its an eclipse.

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

OfflineTheta
TranscendentalExplorer

Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: davikosack]
    #1284496 - 02/06/03 08:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

When I was younger I had a poor self image. I tripped a couple and the mirror was a terrible experience. Today I've grown up and learned to love myself. When I trip now, the mirror is awsome.

OfflineRoger_irrelevant
War's boring,change thechannel!

#1284619 - 02/06/03 08:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well it seems to me that your consciousness treated the mirror as the blank canvas; with which it would paint a view of your present condition. The future condition was possibly your rationalising mind reaching a logical conclusion to the situation as it saw it if your thoughts/actions were to continue on the same path.

Psychedelics as tools, and props to induce certain states of mind...who'd have thought :smile:

For the record I like mirrors but I always feel I'm being really naughty by staring into one. I stare at this familliar yet alien child like personality who is of course staring back at me. The mirror world always seems to be of more substance than the world I inhabit when I watch. I know I can never really know what it is like, and the person staring back at me knows this too. It's written all over his smug face!  :crazy:

--------------------
We are the music makers, We are the dreamers of dreams...

Offline3eyedgod
trippinkid

Loc: Far away and very near
    #1284665 - 02/06/03 08:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I enjoy looking into mirrors while tripping as well. It's cool to look at your face all distorting and shit. I've also got some of that sense of animalism mentioned in an earlier thread. I particularly enjoy staring into my eyes. This one time I was looking into a mirror (one of those kinds with lights all around it in a square configuration), and my pupils reflected the light from the bulbs in such an awesome way. It was great.

--------------------
Without everything wouldn't nothing be everything and without nothing wouldn't everything be nothing.I am the beginning and the end,the source and the void, the light and the darkness,i am but a small drop of the ocean yet i am an ocean unto myself

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: 3eyedgod]
    #1284814 - 02/06/03 09:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

lol one time I looked in a mirror and in my minds eye I saw my dads face and my moms face come together perfectly to form my face, like that sounds stupid I guess but I phsyically saw my moms head and my dads head come together and when they merged it was an exact image of my face, kidna hard to explain but it was cool to see which features came from what I guess..

im stoned

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1285164 - 02/06/03 11:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

well was there any truth behind what your mind was telling you?

DO YOU need to fix things in your life? If so, and this experience pointed out faults you'd never noticed, then what's so bad about it?

If it was all lies, lies, and dirty lies, then yeah; stay away from the mirror.

Think about it though, man.... sometime truth can be horrifying

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlineicesickill
Stranger
    #1285257 - 02/06/03 11:36 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've had a bad experience looking in the mirror while tripping. I found myself staring into my eyes and I couldn't move. Then looking deep into my eyes there was a sudden "pull back dolly shot" and I saw my entire image standing there as a different person. Then my image made a move at me (the kind of move you make when you want someone to flinch). Well, I flinched. It scared me bad.

Edited by icesickill (02/06/03 11:39 AM)

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: icesickill]
    #1285293 - 02/06/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Whenever I look into the mirror on psychedelics I see myself all tripped-out, just as my friends look :smile:

I smile, think "hehe check THAT guy out - he must be all whacked-out on mushrooms!" wink at myself, and exit the restroom.

--------------------

Edited by Strumpling (02/06/03 11:46 AM)

OfflineNorthernsoul
Your Reality

Loc: Inner Eye
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: roygbiv]
    #1285344 - 02/06/03 12:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

>>>gawddam... a pentapost.... so rare to actually capture one in the wild...

Yep, pretty damn rare alright....*ahem*...

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------

When it comes
I'll know, I know
Just take my clothes and leave
And I'll be gone

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #1285788 - 02/06/03 02:35 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Wow. That was quite an explosion.

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
    #1286176 - 02/06/03 04:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Don' look into the mirrior. - That's the most obvious metaphor for "self-denial" that I've ever seen.

I agree!

The eyes are the windows to the soul.

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
Loc: Western Hemisphere
    #1286219 - 02/06/03 04:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I like mirrors while tripping too. I like making funny faces in them while straight, though, so there's that. I was tripping acid for the first time and went and looked in a mirror and couldn't keep a straight face, it was just so ironically funny.

So, yeah, I say only look in mirrors if you've got a good self-esteem and you like looking at your face.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1286241 - 02/06/03 04:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I always get all fascinated at the fact that I can't look into both of my eyes in the mirror.

I'm left-handed, and I've noticed that when I look in the mirror, I look at my left eye. Do you right-handers "default" to the right-eye?

--------------------

OfflineMushroomFarmer
Mycophile

#1286913 - 02/06/03 08:22 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The mirror is not necessarily a "bad" thing. Anytime I have ever had a negative tripping experience it has been related to some negativity in my self-image. If you can't look in a mirror while tripping...your unconscious mind is most likely unhappy with something about your character........or your activities in the recent past. The mirror reflects what you really believe about yourself....as always,

pack carefully because your baggage has a major effect on your trip.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: MushroomFarmer]
    #1287636 - 02/07/03 05:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well-said!! :smile:

--------------------

Anonymous

#1287721 - 02/07/03 05:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Deleted per User's Request

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

#1288102 - 02/07/03 07:50 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Once when I looked into the mirror tripping by myself I stared at myself so long that I put my point of view into the place of mirror me. THAT IS FUCKING TRYPT.

The last time I looked into the mirror tripping I was on ayahuaska. After being in the dark for most of my peak I turned on the lights, stood there and tripped for a minute, then went to the mirror in the bathroom. It was hard to get ahold of what I was looking at even though I knew it was me. It wasnt too hard to pull myself away though. I think one of these days I'm going to do ayahuaska alone infront of a mirror the whole trip, may help with introspection. Although usually it seems I am just like a deer in the headlights, it's hard to think because you're so astonished.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies