Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemikejwill
dreamer

Loc: Midwest,usa
how easy is it to cross contaminate jars durning incubation?
    #1283594 - 02/06/03 03:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

:confused:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate jars durning incubation? [Re: mikejwill]
    #1283622 - 02/06/03 03:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

good question, id like to know too. I don't think its real easy but that's just my logic. Anyone else?

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate jars durning incubation? [Re: Twista]
    #1283667 - 02/06/03 03:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Its not that easy, as long as its dry in the incubator and the layer of verm on top if your using brf is dry

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate jars durning incubation? [Re: PooGrower]
    #1284409 - 02/06/03 07:51 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I cant believe this. PooGrower on what do you base your response? I would really like to know.There are so many factor that could go into cross contamination, what if you have plenty of verm, but didnt clean the top portion well enough. How do you know?, I think a higher authority (*cough*.....Anno.....*cough*) would know this, but I wouldnt bet on PooGrowers info coming from anything more than a desire to gain more post's aswell as vague, and non-sensical.

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

OfflineJimBoB
sucky sucky 10dollar

Loc: England.
Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate jars durning incubat [Re: BladeLSD]
    #1284425 - 02/06/03 07:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Im getting pretty annoyed with poogrowers ass-talk too. Im afraid some one might listen to him and take his advice one day.

Offlinemikejwill
dreamer

Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate jars durning incubation? [Re: mikejwill]
    #1284457 - 02/06/03 08:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

here's some more info:
my setup is in a shoe box, i just started regulating the humidity today at about 65rh
i'm worried because one of the cakes (the one i made entirely out of brown rice)
has stopped colonizeing in just one spot and the rice looks different there.
At first i flipped it so the uncolonized side was up to expose more air, but then i realized that if it is contaminated i should expose the mycillium to the air so it can become strong and overtake the contaminate.....(or maybe it was the lack of moisture) i'm not really sure what's causing it.

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate jars durning incubat [Re: JimBoB]
    #1284470 - 02/06/03 08:03 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yea that would be a shame. they might actually grow some damn shrooms :shocked:
and i base my response on expierements of over 200 jars now and no cross contamination that i know of to this day. And when he says what is the chances or odds i automatically asume he folled the tek and wiped the inside of the jars before adding the dry layer of verm with a clean cloth, again common sense comes into play, and by the way add a dab of 1/10 bleach on that and it will be 99.9 percent bacteria free. 

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate jars durning incubat [Re: PooGrower]
    #1284499 - 02/06/03 08:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I would just wait a few more days if i was you. And if it still hasnt colonized i would just pop it out of the jar and cut the piece off thats not colonized about half a cm around that spot just incase its contamed, and continue on to casing or whatever your gonna do with it. If your gonna fruit it from a cake id also suggest dunking it since rice itself doesnt hold as much water as when mixed with verm.

--------------------

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

#1284500 - 02/06/03 08:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I would just wait a few more days if i was you. And if it still hasnt colonized i would just pop it out of the jar and cut the piece off thats not colonized about half a cm around that spot just incase its contamed, and continue on to casing or whatever your gonna do with it. If your gonna fruit it from a cake id also suggest dunking it since rice itself doesnt hold as much water as when mixed with verm.

--------------------

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

#1285340 - 02/06/03 12:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You've been here about 3 months and you've done 200 jars. Ok. Whatever you say man.  I think that is an astounding feat for you. but unfortunatly I dont think you are the expert you claim to be in fact, 3 months ago you were asking if you should put a substrate underneath your cakes so you sure wer'nt an expert then.  in the words of Roadkill, "you dont sound like a poo grower to me" :cool:  Why dont you spend more time actually gaining experience, and less bullshitting about it.

--------------------
We might get glimpse's of objectivity every now, and then, but we're so inherently locked in our temporal and corporeal selves that we're irrevocably locked into subjectivity :crazy:

Edited by BladeLSD (02/06/03 12:32 PM)

Invisibled1giPhux
Stranger
    #1285350 - 02/06/03 12:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Should one just whipe down the top of the jar with like a paper towel, or what? Alsop what part is this that gets wiped, is it like the part above the "rim" of the jar, like where the dry verm will be going? Thank you.

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate jars durning incubat [Re: d1giPhux]
    #1285375 - 02/06/03 12:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The top layer of dry vermiculite must be between 1/2" to 2/3" deep to provide protection from contaminants entering from above.
Black Tape - White tape pic

--------------------

Invisiblepussycontrol
unregistered

Loc: unregistered
    #1285409 - 02/06/03 12:38 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i think someone just put the smack down

j/k

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate jars durning incubat [Re: pussycontrol]
    #1286327 - 02/06/03 05:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yea i been on here 3 months and i have asked that question 3 months ago, but once again you dont know how much i read (100s of hours) or how much i grow(very little :crazy:. Nor would telling you over the internet have any effect to you :wink:. But like i said im starting a grow log on my project starting tommorow 40 ecd 50 cambos cakes spawned into poo. Ill skip the boring colonizing part and wait a month to the good parts, and if that wont stop the doubts. Then i still have this bye  :smirk: 

--------------------

OfflineUber
Wash ufungi,drive me tofruitenzi

Loc: DRC
    #1286469 - 02/06/03 05:39 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"A fool and his money..."

PooGrower, I read your posts and I am reminded of a dialog from one of my favorite movies of all time, The Big Lebowski. Here we go:

Donny, the strike-scoring bowler, enters and sits next Walter.

DONNY: What tied the room together, Dude?

WALTER: Were you listening to the story, Donny?

DONNY: What--

WALTER: Were you listening to the Dude's story?

DONNY: I was bowling--

WALTER: So you have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who wanders in in the middle of a movie and wants to know--

PooGrower, in the words of Walter: YOU'RE OUT OF YOUR ELEMENT.

--------------------
"The old adage that ignorance of the law is no excuse becomes a ludicrous
statement when the laws themselves are rooted in ignorance"

- Adam Gottlieb

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Trusted Cultivator
    #1286631 - 02/06/03 06:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

Invisibledeanofmean
mycophagous

Loc: PNW
Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate jars durning incubat [Re: Roadkill]
    #1286786 - 02/06/03 07:06 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

road,
lol i gotta send a copy of to my brother . :grin:

OfflineYSJ
ThoughtShopper

Loc: Undisclosed at this time.
Totally OT [was: Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate j] [Re: Roadkill]
    #1287017 - 02/06/03 09:32 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You know, I nearly pissed myself laughing the first time I saw that pic; being as brain damaged/dead as I am, and not having seen it in so long, I'd honestly forgotten about it. 

Then, you posted it.  Causing me to nearly piss myself with laughter again.  I actually, literally, laughed out loud - and no, I  haven't pissed myself in either case :wink:

Gh0d Bless JRR's Shut The Fuck Up Foundation.

bwahahahahahahahahaa.

~YSJ~ 

--------------------
"There are no angels unless they are Angels of Death...And I would never again doubt my place among them or lose my resolve to serve in their wild ranks."         
                                                            -T. Ligotti

Offlinemikejwill
dreamer

Re: Totally OT [was: Re: how easy is it to cross contaminate j] [Re: YSJ]
    #1287214 - 02/07/03 01:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

OH SHIT IT"S AN AGENT!!!!! :crazy:

lol

Edited by mikejwill (02/07/03 02:02 AM)

OfflineBladeLSD
Squirrel Master

#1287794 - 02/07/03 06:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've been here for nearly two years, and I've read alot too, but reading doesnt make up for experience. Fuck your money because if your growing for money than those 100's of hour of reading have amounted to the shit your spawning. This community isnt about selling mushrooms, and after 3 months and all your grows you'd think you'd know the basics of this community. No one respects anyone who exploits this fungi for monetary gain. You disrepect the sacred mushroom, and the community by Posting answers to shit you couldnt possibly know from experience. No amount of reading can make up for time and experience. People like you bring bad karma to the community.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds