Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePhilO'Cybin
Stranger

To Slice or to Crumble...
    #1283538 - 02/06/03 02:39 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'm wondering if it's better to slice the mycelium or to crumble it when doing a casing?
-Phil

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
Re: To Slice or to Crumble... [Re: PhilO'Cybin]
    #1283557 - 02/06/03 02:52 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

just think about on which you earn more side that touches to your casing.

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

InvisibleMerlin
DigitalVibration

Loc: Zuvuya
Re: To Slice or to Crumble... *DELETED* [Re: fugu]
    #1283668 - 02/06/03 03:53 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by Merlin

--------------------
Thou shalt not alter the consciousness of thy fellow men.

Thou shalt not prevent thy fellow man from altering his own consciousness.

Dr. Timothy Leary, PhD (1920-1996)

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: To Slice or to Crumble... [Re: Merlin]
    #1283676 - 02/06/03 03:56 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I would crumble with a sterile cheese grader. It would be more even and retain water better

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: To Slice or to Crumble... [Re: PooGrower]
    #1284002 - 02/06/03 05:58 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

I would crumble with a sterile cheese grader. It would be more even and retain water better

wow, you just learned this technique 3 days ago... worked that fast for you? BTW, it's a graTer.

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Re: To Slice or to Crumble... [Re: debianlinux]
    #1284048 - 02/06/03 06:12 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

First off, 3 days is nothing ive worked threw a straight week constantly only stopping for work, food, and on occasion a shit. And no i havnt tryed the cheese grader method, but you act like you need a cheese grater tek inorder for it to work, OF COURSE IT WOULD WORK i dont need "expierence with a cheese grater or whatever it is" its common sense. infact if i chewed it up with my teeth ate it bent down in the terrium and took a shit i bet it would still work so shut up and go play or something haha.

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
    #1284053 - 02/06/03 06:15 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

weird, i don't generally post advice on something I haven't tried myself. i have noticed that you love to, and quite often it is not very sound advice. BTW, a chees grater does work quite well, i would know (as opposed to believe).

edit: what is with you and your damn girlfriend telling everyone to shut up? fuck you. that really pisses me off. it's a discussion forum. nobody has to shut up and I don't believe your a damn admin/mod so, um, no.

Edited by debianlinux (02/06/03 06:18 AM)

Offlinefugu
Pooh-Bah

Loc: istanbul
    #1284058 - 02/06/03 06:16 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

debii  i miss you so much.
sorry for out of post :grin: 

--------------------
mushroom culture history making ...Mr. Allan is the best .....

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Re: To Slice or to Crumble... [Re: debianlinux]
    #1284128 - 02/06/03 06:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

My gf doesnt even get on here anymore i tried to spare you all the dumb questions. If you can go find a gf thats ugly enough to be a match then go do it and shut up about mine, i cant beleive you even remember her saying shes my gf that was a week or 2 ago. Your weird. AND all my advice is right :wink: i have more knowledge and expierence then you, and im smarter :smirk: and about the stupid cheese grater. Just read it slowly or over and over youll get it. Here it is. I DONT NEED EXPEIRENCE ON YOUR CHEESEGRATER TEK 101 to know that it will work.  YOU TAKE SHARP METAL POINTS, AND SCRAPE A CAKE AGAINST IT, duh what do you thinks gonna happen... Its gonna turn it into little pieces :laugh: yea little pieces. I dont think i need to research this and try it :crazy: WELL I GUESS I DO BECAUSE I HAVNT DONE THIS ADVANCE TEK BEFORE :frown: IT COULD NOT WORK AT ALL the cake could just hold up to the sharp metal jagged edges :smirk: dumb ass haha 

--------------------

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1284161 - 02/06/03 06:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

My gf doesnt even get on here anymore i tried to spare you all the dumb questions. If you can go find a gf thats ugly enough to be a match then go do it and shut up about mine, i cant beleive you even remember her saying shes my gf that was a week or 2 ago. Your weird. AND all my advice is right :wink: i have more knowledge and expierence then you, and im smarter :smirk: and about the stupid cheese grater. Just read it slowly or over and over youll get it. Here it is. I DONT NEED EXPEIRENCE ON YOUR CHEESEGRATER TEK 101 to know that it will work.  YOU TAKE SHARP METAL POINTS, AND SCRAPE A CAKE AGAINST IT, duh what do you thinks gonna happen... Its gonna turn it into little pieces :laugh: yea little pieces. I dont think i need to research this and try it :crazy: WELL I GUESS I DO BECAUSE I HAVNT DONE THIS ADVANCE TEK BEFORE :frown: IT COULD NOT WORK AT ALL the cake could just hold up to the sharp metal jagged edges :smirk: dumb ass haha 

poogrower, your days here are numbered unless you change your attitude, and fast.

you post wrong, bad advice. you have next to zero experience and almost infinite arrogance, and no respect for others. you flame people who enjoy this forum in a friendly way, AND you were stupid enough to post a picture of yourself on the shroomery's website (stored and archived).

lighten up. apologies are due very soon. i feel very sorry for you, and hope you make changes in your life.

--------------------
buh

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Re: To Slice or to Crumble... [Re: shirley knott]
    #1284235 - 02/06/03 07:04 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

poogrower, your days here are numbered unless you change your attitude, and fast.

you post wrong, bad advice. you have next to zero experience and almost infinite arrogance, and no respect for others. you flame people who enjoy this forum in a friendly way, AND you were stupid enough to post a picture of yourself on the shroomery's website (stored and archived).

lighten up. apologies are due very soon. i feel very sorry for you, and hope you make changes in your life.

First off i am not gonna apologize to some foreigner on the internet about me saying to use a cheesegrader because commense sense says it will work.
Second off i give perfect advise. If i didnt give perfect advice i think my ziplock bags would be empty, because my advice to others is from my knowledge of growing. You dont know the extent of knowledge on mushroom cultivation that i know, nor do you know the expierence level nor do you know the size projects because you have never been in my grow room have you? Im not going against you guys, im trying to share my knowledge to people who appreciate what i tell them. But its you who are the arragont ones. The ones who question me, the ones who bring up my gf, waste the server space over a cheesegrader etc are totally uncalled for, ignorant and or jealous. And who are you to know my life. And who cares if my picture is on my avatar? Thats my choice, not yours. And as for the change in my life, my life is going great if you really wanna know that much about me. I have a newely renovated house a car thats almost done paying for in july. I have hometheater system. A girl i love and is interested in my hobbies. Good trip buddie. Great shrooms. And im going to college in fall. this will be my last post for this subject. Bye

--------------------

Offlinemikejwill
dreamer

Loc: Midwest,usa
Re: To Slice or to Crumble... [Re: shirley knott]
    #1284268 - 02/06/03 07:15 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

why are you instantly jumping on poo???

Quote:

Quote:

wow, you just learned this technique 3 days ago... worked that fast for you? BTW, it's a graTer.

Look at who actually started this dog fight.
As far as i'm concerned he's always given excellent advice.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
Re: To Slice or to Crumble... [Re: mikejwill]
    #1284282 - 02/06/03 07:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

the responses here relate to a series of affensive posts by that poster, as many who read here regularly will know.

respect to you, though, for defending him. frowm what you saw, you're right.

--------------------
buh

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: To Slice or to Crumble... [Re: PhilO'Cybin]
    #1284294 - 02/06/03 07:21 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I haven't tried the cheesegrater method, however, unless you are going to spawn your brf/verm cakes into straw, compost or manure, its not needed to be in such small chunks.

You are trying to shoot for a level/even layer of colonized substrate, so you will achieve a uniform flush. THe best way to achieve this is by slicing the cakes into little saucers about 1/2 inch, or into four sections. Place this down and take another cake and fill in the gaps to make the layer as level as possible, without compressing it too much.

Then add you casing layer so its nice and even as well.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: To Slice or to Crumble... [Re: angryshroom]
    #1284305 - 02/06/03 07:23 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Im closing this thread... Please try to take your arguments to PM! :smile:

.... CLICK!! 

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   OlympusMyco.com Sterilized Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate