Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
a birdie flaps his wings
    #1283809 - 02/06/03 06:39 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

And well
Im walking down the road when I see a empty six pack, and think "fucking pollution :mad:" but do nothing.
later on the rain starts and by morning the flood waters wash the plastic down the ditch - to the stream- to the mighty Columbia River.  As it floats freely in the deep cold waters a healthy Salmon on his way to get some Pu-Tang gets caught and slowly dies....

Im walking down the road when I see an empty six pack, and think "fucking pollution :mad:" and pick it up..
Down the stream in the river a healthy young salmon is on his way to the Ocean to get some action, his body sparkles and gleames as he playfully jumps in the sunlight as he enters the Ocean.

A kid and his father are going on a deep sea fishing charter, "What a great day to fish, huh son?", The child quietly looks away. His father sighs and starts talking to the Captain, " Ive heard stories of salmon being caught out here "
"this early inthe season?" says the captain. The father shrugs," your the pro". " Well , theres an old indian legend about the man who makes the first early season catch", " ..they say it is a token of good luck ".
The son who for a 17 year old kid has had his share of bad luck ,cancer at 10 , loss of his mother, crippled and very sick he overhears the captain but  despairingy thinks how luck would never come his way.
Knowing he will probally die soon, he looks into the cold ocean,' cold..cold as death..why dont I just jump save everyone the trouble...
..stupid fish..good luck?yeah right'..he ponders for a moment..'god if your up there if you can show me something.. Anything I will dedicate to you'...ha just as  I thought...
"PULL KIDD!!!" says the captain, " Hell hes only gone down 10 meters, I thought this was deep see fishing?" his father says witha smirk. Realizing hes gotta fish he starts reeling as fast as he can " shit its big" reeeleelel.."its a full grown Chinook" "what do you think about that boy"
The kid smiles "thankyou" he whispers..
later on as hes thinking ..well I said id dedicate..hmmm.  Well im good at science, I'll do that.
To the astonishment of his doctors his Cancer is completely gone in 3 months.
After he gets his degree in medical science he goes on to lead a distinguished carrer and 40 years later at the age of 57 he discovers the cure for cancer..looking at the fish on his wall he smiles and says thankyou one more time..

Im walking down the road when I see an empty six pack and think " fucking pollution :mad: " and pick it up.. My buddy says " What are you Ghandi now?, you aint gonna save the world man" .  "NO" smiling I say " but I just cured Cancer"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleRebelSteve33
Amateur Mycologist
Male

Loc: Arizona
Re: a birdie flaps his wings [Re: shaggy101]
    #1283881 - 02/06/03 07:04 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

awesome! :laugh:

--------------------
Namaste.

OfflineBavet
Sensitive StonedRebel

Re: a birdie flaps his wings [Re: RebelSteve33]
    #1283895 - 02/06/03 07:09 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

cool story

--------------------
"~Dream as if you'll live forever....live as if you'll die today~ James Dean"

Invisibleralph snart111
infectedlycanthrope

Re: a birdie flaps his wings [Re: Bavet]
    #1283948 - 02/06/03 07:33 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

That was a great story. Your actions here and now definatly show up later in life.
I have found that to be true in my life anyway.

--------------------
"Behold the mythical esquilax-a horse with the body of a rabbit...and the head of...a rabbit ! "
-Timothy Leary

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Re: a birdie flaps his wings [Re: ralph snart111]
    #1284112 - 02/06/03 08:30 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys :grin:
but does anyone remeber the story about the birdie? Thats what I based it on.  Something like a bird flaps his wings and something about clouds..Magic :tongue:

Invisiblethe_Landotter
Gnostic Chaoist

Loc: R'lyeh
    #1284706 - 02/06/03 11:07 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

umm... that's chaos theory. A butterfly flaps its wings in the Amazon and causes a typhoon half a world away. You would do well in reading about it...

Submit yer story to "Chicken Soup for the Shroomerites Soul" please and thank you.

your sincere pal

the Landotter

--------------------
Read the Landotter's Mystical Journey Journal

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Re: a birdie flaps his wings [Re: the_Landotter]
    #1284843 - 02/06/03 11:44 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

sweet. Thnkyou! ..ive actually read up on it a few times ..well my mind seems to be on a almost "full" mode lately :smirk:(havent shroomed in a while :wink:) and sometimes I think id do better if I slowed down instead of always moving on to the next thing.

Actually me and the great philosopher Jesse have our owned merged "Choas Theory" I think it probaly has alot in common with Sclorches " Dirty Fractal Edge " 

Edited by shaggy101 (02/06/03 11:45 AM)

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Re: a birdie flaps his wings [Re: the_Landotter]
    #1285625 - 02/06/03 03:57 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Well ya they pretty much got chaos down but.well dammit  :mad: we came up with it all by ourselves.

To simplify are original theory was that chaos is all was all but may not be all<  (a theory in its own right)
Manifest Chaotica
that infinity is changing so when enlightenment occurs new windows and planes open up-our theory not our belief

now to produce this I originally used these examples( My friend used :confused: "standard" magic.
when I was a child me and 1 friend only(best friend for 13 years) were insane-plane and simple everyone said so..we didnt care.
1. We would climbto the tops of the half trees( hieghts of 20- 45 ft) and map a course, and our landings , then procede to fly (jump) from tree to tree doing amazing jumps even for a healthy adult. Now we would rarely if ever show this to anyone it was our "tag" :grin:
only when I came with the theory 5+ years later did I realize we were calculating the numbers~ but not mentally in the way you think, simply in the action -caculate-reaction type of way.
tapping into the existing "matrix" (hmmm in the mathmatical sense) and using it as a aware being can.
2. This one we did show people in fact we got hurt badly and more often..i dunno..probally th girls watching :grin:
We( being well trained on BMX bikes ) would ride down steep slopes and amazingly when I think about it calculate the right lift(whelee,bronco ,bunnyhop) with the right speed and jump large fallen trees, rocks ,and( i swear im telling the truth) vertically slide logs...simple math

3. Either the easeist, or the hardest we would calculate the speed and relative distance( I could use a lesson in algebra and physics :frown:) of a oncoming car and 15-30 mph and do a 2 foot jump over it(one on the hood one on the roof land 2 footed[i wanted to do a handspring but never did])

wow I didnt plan on writing that much
anyway all true,I  was careful not to exageratte

from there (assuming you would risk it)ha, to a certain point it is just math..get the timing and ur jumping cars on the freeway or multiply it enough(never been proven) tapping straight into the source.

wew.man im tired   

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1286165 - 02/06/03 06:20 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Ever since a particular mushroom trip, I have been unable to litter, which is certainly a fantastic side-effect, considering I used to be a dirty, polluting little bastard :smile:

I even pick up trash off the street if I see a trashcan nearby. My friends think its weird; I think they're weird for not caring.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: a birdie flaps his wings [Re: Strumpling]
    #1286459 - 02/06/03 07:37 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Ever since a particular mushroom trip, I have been unable to litter, which is certainly a fantastic side-effect, considering I used to be a dirty, polluting little bastard :smile:

I even pick up trash off the street if I see a trashcan nearby. My friends think its weird; I think they're weird for not caring. 

Wow, that's the way my dad raised me.  I wonder if he ate shrooms....

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Offlinehongomon
old hand
Loc: comin' at ya
    #1286675 - 02/06/03 08:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Good for all you guys. One deosn't pick litter up simply because art. 2 sec III in one's brain says, "pick up litter" but because it's part of a wholesome attitude to have.

And Shaggy, great story!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology