Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMushyMay
Brian Eno is mypersonal God FNORD

Loc: ACT, Australia
Politicians should eat mushrooms
    #1282560 - 02/05/03 03:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

If some of those guys had experience with psychelics chances are the world wouldn't be in the fucked up state it is at the moment.

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinethecheese
Loc: Canada
Re: Politicians should eat mushrooms [Re: MushyMay]
    #1282572 - 02/05/03 03:31 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm sure they eat a lot of mushroom soup :wink:

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
    #1282877 - 02/05/03 05:28 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I heard a rumor that JFK tried acid.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #1282951 - 02/05/03 05:50 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Nah there's plenty of assholes who eat mushrooms and are still massive supporters of Bush. Just look at this board.

The mushrooms just uncover what's inside you. If you're a lump of shite there really isn't anything they can do.

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: Politicians should eat mushrooms [Re: Xlea321]
    #1283303 - 02/05/03 10:04 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

As happens so very rarely, I have to agree with Alpo. People are what they are.

The true fools are the ones who think getting people high will change anything.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1283424 - 02/06/03 12:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, that's complete bullshit. Everyone says shit like that the first time they get high.

Psychedelics don't make you a better person. Often they serve to reinforce ideas you already have, no matter how twisted they are.

Look at Charles Manson, tripping a lot sure made him a wonderful peace lovin' dude.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflineMushyMay

Re: Politicians should eat mushrooms [Re: Phluck]
    #1284838 - 02/06/03 09:43 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Of course I know your Phluckin right. Although your first paragraph was self defeating. First you say that it's complete bullshit, then you say that "Everyone says shit like that the first time they get high."

By that logic though, any of the really good stuff that we experience on psychedelics is a load of crap from our own twisted (or not so twisted) minds too. I mean, if I thought "hey, I'm one with the universe and everything in it" while on mushrooms, thats just a bullshit idea that in reality it has no more meaning than if I thought "hey, I'm a white Christian and I should kill anyone who isn't like me." They are both just twisted ideas from my own mind.

I'd never try to say that psychedelics are a "shortcut to enlightenment" as some people have (I don't think they are at all), but they definitely are a "trip to somewhere." Where that is I have no idea but I'm certain that, while it is a very different place for every person, there is some common ground with many experiences.

--------------------
MushyMay is a fictional character, as a result any information provided by MushyMay is also fictitious.

Edited by MushyMay (02/06/03 09:46 AM)

Anonymous

#1285089 - 02/06/03 10:48 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I agree with you, but for different reasons. If everyone tried shrooms, I think there would be far less opposition to them.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #1286797 - 02/06/03 07:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Look at Charles Manson, tripping a lot sure made him a wonderful peace lovin' dude.

They also made him an environmentalist....kill 50million people to sae a tree....it's a good start.....he just started with the wrong people....DC is a better starting point.

Prisoner#1

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1287447 - 02/07/03 04:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"First you say that it's complete bullshit, then you say that "Everyone says shit like that the first time they get high." "

Yeah, it's still complete bullshit. Everyone says shit _like_ that, but it's often a little bit different. Give mushrooms out in the middle east, and you'd have people saying that if everyone ate mushrooms, they'd realize that Allah was the way and they'd give up on their horrible materialistic western ways.

What they're really thinking is "If everyone thought exactly like me, then all the world's problems would go away".

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1287454 - 02/07/03 04:07 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"I mean, if I thought "hey, I'm one with the universe and everything in it" while on mushrooms, thats just a bullshit idea that in reality it has no more meaning than if I thought "hey, I'm a white Christian and I should kill anyone who isn't like me." "

Well, in a way it is. Does feeling like you're one with the universe really help you in any way? Are the ideas you have on mushrooms really any better than the ideas you have sober?

Psychedelics seem to give you the feeling of brilliance, and not so much ACTUAL brilliance.

--------------------

OfflineMushyMay

#1293565 - 02/09/03 11:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I'm in total agreement with you. I didn't mean for it to come across that I thought you were wrong. Any ideas you come up with on psychedelics are no better or worse than ideas you come up with sober.

--------------------

Anonymous

#1297522 - 02/10/03 04:36 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I'm in total agreement with you. I didn't mean for it to come across that I thought you were wrong. Any ideas you come up with on psychedelics are no better or worse than ideas you come up with sober.

Well I think you've answered your own question. Personally, I tend to think that most politicians (whatever side of the spectrum they're on) are spinelss pieces of shit, and some of the worst people on the planet. Maybe eating mushrooms would bring out the good that is buried deep down in some of them. But for the most part I don't think it would change the way they think/act. I guess it really depends on where exactly their roots lie.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order