Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: My "SUPER TERRIUM" plans, SOUND GOOD? [Re: PooGrower]
    #1282981 - 02/05/03 06:05 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well if your just growing for family and friends then you wouldnt need a "super terrarium" either. I do just fine with 1 box.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: My "SUPER TERRIUM" plans, SOUND GOOD? [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1282996 - 02/05/03 06:11 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thats because im just trying to grow some big flushes vacuum seal them and put them in my freezer and take a break from growing for a while and just enjoy them

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1283015 - 02/05/03 06:18 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Thats a good idea, I thought you were trying to get pounds and pounds out of this project though. Its better to stay smaller anyway. Peace

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

#1283020 - 02/05/03 06:21 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

yea

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflineHexum311
SmartNewb

Loc: NOYFB (new state)
    #1283047 - 02/05/03 06:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Get a silicon caulk. It will seal the fuker right up. Its nasty shit so be careful.... one of my best friends is a construction major... he works with the shit.... he said he has gotten it on his hands before.... had to wait till his skin peeled of to get the stuff off so be careful... but it will work. Home depot / builders square type place to get it. good luck with your project.... lemme know how it works. I am hoping to eventually set up a nice system with a humidifier etc.... but right now I am in a college type area with little privacy... so a whole setup might raise some suspicion... I just use perlite for now... might not be optimal but shit.... what are you gunna do, ya know ? I just want a good trip or two :smile:

--------------------
"The shade is a tool, a device, a saviors seceret try... and look up to the sky..... but my eyes burn"
-Chino Moreno, the Deftones
peace
-Hex

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
Re: My "SUPER TERRIUM" plans, SOUND GOOD? [Re: fee]
    #1283060 - 02/05/03 06:53 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

to pre drill holes it would have to be thick material, silicone caulk will hold anything thicker than a Quarter of an inch...and screws in plexi will actualy weaken it....the best to use is a clear epoxy, it fills gaps.....

Plan it out, build a card board mock up, assemble that and you have a foundation for building it without wasting $300 in plastic...trust me I work with glass, plastic, metal, wood and engineered cements.

Prisoner#1

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Trusted Cultivator
    #1283074 - 02/05/03 07:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

MY IDEA: My idea is to use plexi glass as the walls floor and top. And to make a wooden frame out of 2x4s into the shape of a rectangle. The dimensions will be 2' deep 8' long 3' wide.

Ok....1/4 inch thick or thicker would be strong enough, you would need a couple of internal supports, dividers or something, 2 for upper, 2 for lower.

Your limited in length to 6 ft....or paying a ton of cash for larger sheets, Clear 5 minute Epoxy will hold it and fill most smaller gaps, but if the plans and dimentions are drawn up well it should be store cut, that will give you square cuts and edges, clear silicone caulk would seal up the larger stuff....its a bitch regardless..let the store do it...

Prisoner#1

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #1283092 - 02/05/03 07:16 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

T E R R I U M T E R R A R I U M

OfflineBikeCourier
Bikecourier

Loc: Canada
    #1283247 - 02/05/03 09:11 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

A closet lined with plastic is so much easier than building a box. Mine is 8x8x3' 1 coolmist inside, HEPA suppling air flow, 1 20w florecent, (I think your light proposal is excessive), coolmist HEPA and light all running for 30 min every 2 hours. I set it all up 2 months ago and no contamination zero.

--------------------
tanstaafl (or maybe there is)

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Re: My "SUPER TERRIUM" plans, SOUND GOOD? [Re: BikeCourier]
    #1283537 - 02/06/03 02:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

My closets small but that brings me to an idea of usingi wood as the walls floor and ceiling and just lining the wood with that same plastic. It wont be as durable, But i dont think it has to be, and when im done growing :grin: i can throw the plastic away then add more for my next project after that. 

--------------------

OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
    #1283541 - 02/06/03 02:42 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anyone ever heard of using a whole room as a terrarium. Theres a guy around here (Michigan) who supposodly has a whole room set up with a bunch of casings. The yield is phenomenal from what I hear. Prob wouldnt be too hard to set up either with a little hard work sealing up all the cracks and keeping humidity up there.

could someone post a link to this. I like admiring other shroomerite's grows and setups. Unfortunately everytime I do a search I never get the results of my specified parameters. The shroomery's search needs some help!!! any link will be appreciated...thanks

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

Anonymous

Re: My "SUPER TERRIUM" plans, SOUND GOOD? [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1283561 - 02/06/03 02:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Go to WALLMART they have those all plastic store away clothes closets that are the best. They even hve a covenient zipper. They are like 6 feet tall and three feet wide they are pisser

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

#1283576 - 02/06/03 03:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Damn, that sounds good ill check that out today. thanks

--------------------

Offlinesuzie_girl
journeyman
Loc: The Proud and Ignorant So...
    #1283589 - 02/06/03 03:15 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Why not just use a big ice chest?  Cheap and insulated.. :shocked: 

--------------------

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Re: My "SUPER TERRIUM" plans, SOUND GOOD? [Re: suzie_girl]
    #1283601 - 02/06/03 03:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

That walmart idea is awesome. I found it on the website. I couldnt have designed a area better then that no matter how hard i try. Its got clear plastic ALL around it, all you gotta do is set it on its big side. It even has zippers to open up and spray, pick, etc. Its AWESOME. And its only 30 dollars. If your doing big expeirements with lots of different strains or substrate THIS IS PERFECT. heres the pic IM GETTING THAT and fee thanks man great find :smirk: :smirk: :smirk: 

--------------------

OfflineTwista
Fire it up
Male

Loc: Central Florida
    #1283604 - 02/06/03 03:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Poo, it probably is the best idea to get that pic off of there. Anyway, the wal-mart greenhouses are very nice and right up your alley. Plexiglass can be expensive especially when your talking about the amount you're gonna need. If you do decide to go with this setup, maybe complete plexiglass construction isn't the answer esp. if you're just gonna spray paint it black. As far as the available amount of sq. ft. goes, you would be better off lining a closet or going with the mini greenhouse. The 4ft. mini greenhouses go for about $50 plus shipping online. They aren't in season for me but they might be for you. You would be paying more $ per square foot going with your design. I admire your innovation and encourage it. Besides, what happens when you do finally get the yeilds you want and decide to shut down? What are you going to do with that terrarium? Maybe if you design it so that it could be disassembled, it would store better. If you do that then you're going to be looking into even more addition costs, but it would rock b/c you could also clean each component rather easily. Think ahead, plan carefully. Good luck with whatever you decide.

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1283614 - 02/06/03 03:31 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

DO NOT USE PLEXI YOU WILL BE SORRY !
Plexi glass will warp after about two days exposure to high humidity environment .
If you are mind set on building this thing use LEXAN , is aprox twice as costly as plexi , but in the long term scheme of things you will have a much better tank , Personally Id make the stepup from little tanks to one big one , like a 125 gallon fisk tank with a lexan lid , but that is me .

NO PLEXI GLASS................  LEXAN IS THE SMART CHOICE ! :cool: 

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflineShrewDigsby
Toker
Male User Gallery

Loc: Shrewtown somewhere near ...
    #1283615 - 02/06/03 03:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, I know all that's out there for growing environments. I was just interested in looking at pics. Anyhow, I did a detailed search and found nothing so I don't believe Michigan exists. Thanks anyhow.

--------------------
Marijuana is a horticultural plant.  Hemp is an industrial weed.  I believe they were both provided to us by GOD to use and enjoy.

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Re: My "SUPER TERRIUM" plans, SOUND GOOD? [Re: ShrewDigsby]
    #1283626 - 02/06/03 03:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i think ill keep this avatar of some of my babie cambos

--------------------

OfflineCurious_George
You want abaloon?

Loc: La La Land
    #1283666 - 02/06/03 03:52 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

A cheap option would be to buy a roll of Vapor Barier ( used in construction to line walls and insulation.. ) and maybe use styrofoam for the bottom and sides, you can cover the syrofoam with plastic and build your walls seperately, silicone it together..

use 1 piece of lexan/plexy.. whatever.. transparent roof for light.

nice, cheap, light, easy to work with,ie: blade knife... and disposable.

hope it helps!
my 0.02

cg

--------------------
************************************.>>>>>
Here Johny,, have a joint.. all your friends are doing it!!

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals