Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineH2O2shrooms
Couch Potato

Loc: in front of the computer
Infinite Syringe?
    #1280667 - 02/05/03 05:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I got some stoner logic going, and want ya'll to poke some holes in this theory for me.

Heres the theory.

Find a nice mushroom I like, and skin a portion of it with a clean scalpel. and stick a syringe that is 1/2 full of Peroxide diluted to 6ml/Liter @ 3% into the mushrrom, and suck some myc into it, this failing open the syringe and drop some in.

Right so now suck some peroxide water with sugar (what ever you really like) into the syringe and wait. in a few days you should have a nice sterile growing bit of myc in a syringe. Do the normal shake and break routine to mix the myc in the syringe.

Use all but the last 1cc of the syringe, and repeat the previuos step. This should theoretically give you a single isolate to use until the unavoidable occurence of contams happens. So flaming the needle and always using peroxided solutions might be a few steps to take.

The thought process is as follows;

Isolates, what more do I need to say?

Live Innoc is always better than spore innoc as far as speed and (if clean) contams are concerned.

Honey/Liquid "teks" are a wonderful method of quickly starting jars due the former item.

Syringes are handy :smile:

Mycelium will survive a mild H2O2 bath while most contams cannot.

Senescense is not as apperant in agar cultures. This is likely due to number of cell divisions being the limiting factor on isolates.

--------------------
Mycology is a lot like quantum mechanics in that we don?t have causal relationships like in Newtonian physics, only probabilities of various outcomes.<=== Misapropriated from Mycofile

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRaadt
nicht

Loc: azurescending
Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: H2O2shrooms]
    #1280700 - 02/05/03 05:47 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

this is basically just a liquid inoculation, you could even expand this further, and use an eberbach or the 9er tek. Blend up that piece of stem, and suck it up. You don't even need to use sugar - as that would only allow contams, a bit of peroxide wouldnt hurt though.

--------------------
Raadt

-- The information I provide is only information from readings, growing of gourmet mushrooms, and second hand stories--

OfflineH2O2shrooms
Couch Potato

Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: Raadt]
    #1280733 - 02/05/03 06:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The sugar is required, with out it eventually you would run out of usable myc. I.E. doing liquid tek in the syringe, rather than transfer in/out of jars.

--------------------
Mycology is a lot like quantum mechanics in that we don?t have causal relationships like in Newtonian physics, only probabilities of various outcomes.<=== Misapropriated from Mycofile

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
    #1280793 - 02/05/03 06:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I like this stoner logic. I don't see why it wouldn't work, bro. Great idea.

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

OfflineH2O2shrooms
Couch Potato

Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: BigJohnson]
    #1280819 - 02/05/03 06:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Wait for it....
Wait for it....

I expect a hitch will arise from someones experience, I just am not sure what its gonna be cause I think I got the bases covered. But I am still new here :smile: 

--------------------

Offlinethe spiral
Neuroscientist
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #1280901 - 02/05/03 06:59 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

try it. when you say sugar I hope you mean dextrose or malt extract. the dextrose will be inviting contams, and peroxide won't make it invulnerable. also, the peroxide and the lack of air in the syringe may slow growth down. still, you may see some success - but you're running the risk of wasted jars or bags.

--------------------

"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism." - Carl Sagan

Edited by the spiral (02/05/03 07:01 AM)

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Over There
Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: the spiral]
    #1282178 - 02/05/03 01:38 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I keep an infinite running of mycelium syringes by starting spores in honey water and making syringes. the last syringe in the batch is used to start a new jar of HW ad nauseum.

OfflineH2O2shrooms
Couch Potato

Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: debianlinux]
    #1282311 - 02/05/03 02:17 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I am just thoerizing the jar step can be skipped. as for o2 there is a little bit introduced by the H2O2.

--------------------

InvisiblePsychoslut
The Mother Fucking Bear-o-dactyl
 User Gallery
Loc: all up in ya
    #1282334 - 02/05/03 02:25 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

mycelium isnt gonna be able to seperate h2o2 to make the o2 part useable

--------------------

[quote]KristiMidocean said:
Good now thats clear.WHO FUCKING CARES. If I am fat u all keep pointing it out like its suppose to be a secret.LIke u really have nothing better to do then make fat jokes. If o know its like I do I know yall can come up with NEW AND BETTER SHIT . This shit is old and boring . I left in the first place cause this shit got boring not because of the fat jokes . Fat jokes dont bother me but seriously its old[/quote]

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1282419 - 02/05/03 02:44 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

hrrm, so exactly what DOES peroxidase do then?

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: Psychoslut]
    #1282863 - 02/05/03 05:23 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

He's right H2O2 breaks down on its own into O2. It breaks down in heat, light you name it, it's not that stable. That's why it's kept in a dark bottle with a label that says "keep tightly closed, at room temperature and do not shake" The only reason it wouldn't convert to O2 is that it would be in an equilibrium: to convert from a liquid to a gas would create pressure on the syringe. I doubt the syringe would budge too much so very little O2 would be created. That's my 2 cents. - Later, @cro

Edit: I was being dumb, it probably would create sufficient O2 as it would just spit water out the needle until the same pressure is built up in the needle cover.

--------------------

Edited by @cro (02/05/03 07:03 PM)

InvisibleIDontGrow
insomniac

Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: @cro]
    #1282975 - 02/05/03 06:03 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

only problem with cloneing is the rapid degeneratin that will occure when you clone the clone the clone..exc exc exc..you are going to have to start from spores again...and with a clone the tisue must be 100% contaim free and the chances of that are slim and none...unless your in a room with positive pressure..and thats unlikely...just build your self a nice positive pressure golve box and print 3-4 caps a run..that's more than sufficent for keeping it cheap and easy...unless your trying to make some kind of new super shroom..then go for it :wink:

--------------------
work of fiction

http://www.thenook.org/

OfflineH2O2shrooms
Couch Potato

Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: IDontGrow]
    #1283059 - 02/05/03 06:50 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

ahh but there is no cloning, see the original isolate is still alive in the syringe, and gets fed regularly. The degeneration you mention I beleive is senescence I mentioned, which the low number of cell divisions that a syringe goes through, would drastically delay compared to taking a new sample at every fruiting.

And as for contams while peroxide is damn good, yes care must be taken for any long term success. And once a syringe goes sour, you can clean it and resample the isolate still growing. This being done the isolate is now 1 full generation weaker than originally but I suspect under proper conditions a person could produce 1 orginism for a year, maybe more.

--------------------

Offlinesocratesmind
old hand

Loc: in your house :)
    #1283065 - 02/05/03 06:56 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i do think degeneration occurs as only a few spores have to compete for the nutrients unnlike multispore into brf or whatever medium where the fastest best spores get the food ala survival of the fittest. oh yea for future ref my karo syringes i've done have always been slower than multispore.

--------------------
Prohibition will work great injury to the cause of temperance. It is a species of intemperance within itself, for it goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A Prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded.
- Abraham Lincoln: Speech in the Illinois House of Representatives, Dec 18, 1840.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #1283067 - 02/05/03 06:58 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

You could keep the same culture around for years before it started loosing vigor.

If you get a really good culture, hang on to it. It's the "secret" to some of the best grow ops.

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Invisible@cro
new name
 User Gallery

Loc: The PNW
Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: socratesmind]
    #1283069 - 02/05/03 07:00 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

He's not talking about spores he's saying he would use a clone which would be one set of genes and these genes would not degenerate because he will always be using the same genes. These genes will never change other than random mutations which is not to likely.

--------------------

Offlinedebianlinux
Myconerd - DBK
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: @cro]
    #1283454 - 02/06/03 01:12 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

He's right H2O2 breaks down on its own into O2.

that is true as well, but what i was saying is that mycelium produces peroxidase, a compound whose function is to force h202 to break down.

OfflineTaliesy
Peon
Loc: In ages past, when spells...
    #1283584 - 02/06/03 03:13 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ahh but there is no cloning, see the original isolate is still alive in the syringe, and gets fed regularly

perhaps someone can explain why this isn't cloning or at least clearly define cloning. My understanding of the term suggests that this is cloning.
Perhaps start a slant and a Malt Extract liquid culture. When degeneration occurs go back to the slant.

OfflineBigJohnson
Whoa! You guysneed to lightenup!

Loc: The Yard
Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: Taliesy]
    #1283715 - 02/06/03 04:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

After a few days, it can be placed in the fridge. Oxygen and nutrients won't be such an issue with cold storage.

--------------------
Should the US relegalize drugs?

http://www.lp.org/issues/relegalize.html

OfflineH2O2shrooms
Couch Potato

Re: Infinite Syringe? [Re: Taliesy]
    #1285283 - 02/06/03 11:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry poor choice of words on my part. When you isolate a daikaryote all of its offspring are from the same genetics so yes it is a clone. The Issue brought up about multiplication of errors, senescence is again an issue but not as much of one as inoccing a jar with the isolate, spawning to bulk, and reisolating from there.

The following thread gives a very good explanation of what I am talking about and why growth in a syringe would not cause as rapid of ageing as the usual method of isolating does.

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Forum4&Number=1258046&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract