Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleveggieM

One man killed, three injured while picking mushrooms in Croatian mine field
    #12820361 - 06/28/10 08:56 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

One man killed, three injured while picking mushrooms in Croatian mine field
June 29, 2010 - globaltimes.cn

One man was killed and three injured when they wandered into a mine field while picking mushrooms, near the Croatian town of Otoca, 150 kilometers south- west of the capital Zagreb, reported the Croatian daily 'Vecernji List' on Monday.

Twenty-nine year old Daniel Pintar was killed instantly when he stumbled onto a land mine late Sunday evening. A second man, M.S., was taken to hospital in nearby Rijeka in critical condition with severe injuries to his lower extremities and pelvis. The two other men, identified as T.S. and T.R., received minor injuries from shrapnel and were released from hospital.

"We still cannot say with certainty why they were there (in the mine field)," said police spokesperson K. Maodus. "We tried to speak with them but they are still in shock."

Local villagers are credited with extracting the victims from the mine field after hearing the explosion. The mine field was reportedly clearly marked. An investigation is being conducted with the help of the Croatian Mine Action Center.

Mine fields in the Croatian countryside are a reminder of the civil conflict that enveloped the former Yugoslavia in the 1990s. According to the Croatian Mine Action Center, an estimated 700,000 mines and unexploded ordinance still pose a threat on approximately 1350 square kilometers of Croatia's territory.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinebbl337
genetic material is Ar based
 User Gallery

Re: One man killed, three injured while picking mushrooms in Croatian mine field [Re: veggie]
    #12821142 - 06/29/10 12:00 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

not sure what this has to do with shroomery news, but damn that sucks.  Wonder why they wandered in even though it was marked many times :confused:

--------------------

InvisibleGreen_Hands
The Great Devourer
Male User Gallery

Loc: Old World
Re: One man killed, three injured while picking mushrooms in Croatian mine field [Re: bbl337]
    #12822534 - 06/29/10 09:43 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Because in Croatia a lot of people hunt for wild mushrooms. When you have big competition you go to places that you know no one else goes.
:shrug:

--------------------

Looping our reflections, our obsessions draw us in
Fix and fixation, no sentience beyond

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale