Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
night time vs daytime visuals.
    #1282083 - 02/05/03 03:19 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Visuals at night:

Visuals at night seem to deal more with colors, morphing colors, color patterns, color shapes flying around my vision, colors just appearing and so on. Somtimes they consist of the effect that a surface looks like its an ocean and / or some wicked melting... all of these easily seen and overtake my vision at their own will.

Visuals in the day time:

Iv noticed visuals in the day time can be just as strong as night but I have to almost "unlock" them. If I actively look for visuals in the day time I dont see that much other then melting/ breathing and some ocean patterns. However if I zone out, I dont know why but zoning out seems to unlock them. When ever I catch myself zoning out its because a hallucination appeared out of no where. I dont know when I started hallucinating this certain thing but by the time I come back from zoning out , its just there! Visuals in the day to me are less color involving and more of phsyical hallucination like seeing shrooms growing from the floor or patterns in the middle of my vision, or maybe even things like my friends hair drastically growing or shrinking.

anyone else have comments on these ramblings? agree ? dissagree?

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleralph snart111
infectedlycanthrope

Re: night time vs daytime visuals. [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1282142 - 02/05/03 03:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Yep, I totally agree. During the day I find it a little harder to get visuals,it's so bright that my mind seems to be put on overdrive and my visuals are sort of diminished.
My personal preferance is to trip at night though,like you said the visuals are alot brighter at night.

--------------------
"Behold the mythical esquilax-a horse with the body of a rabbit...and the head of...a rabbit ! "
-Timothy Leary

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1282147 - 02/05/03 03:34 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Visuals at night are much better. It seems like in the daytime the visuals kind of emanate off stuff you've seen a million times, so they don't seem as intense. Just sidewalks rippling, trees swaying, faces blurring, ect. Nothing very shocking, you know. At night your brain has a better "canvas" to paint your visuals on so they are much more vibrant and variant. At night you have a much better chance of "seeing" some kind of entity or energy flow that might not have been visible in the daytime. This among other things is the reason the ancients would always hold mushroom ceremonies at night.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Edited by peruvian spark (02/05/03 03:36 PM)

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Re: night time vs daytime visuals. [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1282610 - 02/05/03 05:47 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i agree with your canvas theory, like your mind has more of a canvas to paint on at night, and the paint stands out much more.

--------------------

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1283051 - 02/05/03 08:44 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

The night-time is the right-time if you're looking for visuals :wink:

well actually I suppose it depends on what kind of visuals you're looking for.

Personally, I'm an internal explorer and I spend most of my trips with eyes closed (darkness) so as to experience the full visual effect.

Some of my friends, however, seem not to get very internal (which annoys me to an extent..) and like sitting around looking at stuff and laughing at it: "dude that tree is MOVING, man!"

If you're looking for moving trees and shifting walls, go with daylight - if you're looking for bright neon hallucinations in more vivid colors than I had originally imagined possible; things floating out in the nothingness; epic hallucinations formed from wild thought-streams....... then go with night-time :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#1283058 - 02/05/03 08:50 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

I love tripping daytime, cause I love seeing mountains, fields, EARTH breathe and morph
Also I like night time cause of the crazy patterns, especially after smoking a spliff :]

--------------------
Cuba Libre

OfflineGthirteens
GovernmentalStrain 13
Re: night time vs daytime visuals. [Re: T0aD]
    #1283250 - 02/05/03 11:13 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

yeah man, i like the day trips alot too, just because they seem sooo much more peaceful, and beautiful.. I like outside during the day like if there's a blizzard outside, during the spring time when everything is vibrant green, and during the fall when all the trees are turning colors... daytripping is very beautiful then!

But don't get me wrong, I love the night time too... nightime is good for music and visuals! Nightime outside is the shit too!! Very peaceful!

Here's another good question, do you prefer to trip inside or outside?

Peace
Gthirteens - "It's all I ever smoke"

--------------------
Nostalgiaholic -

Fresh Times Past Age Like Wine,
More and More Precious All the Time

We have found they can intoxicate,
Blurring the Reality of our State

As I pluck them off my Aged Mental Vine,
Fresh Times Past Taste Like Wine

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Re: night time vs daytime visuals. [Re: Gthirteens]
    #1284473 - 02/06/03 10:04 AM (13 years, 10 months ago)

outside at night is my FAV time to trip... definately...

I dont like tripping inside unless its a pitch ass black room.

Something about tripping outside , the shrooms kinda seem to give me an uber connection to nature.

--------------------

OfflineA0999
Disco ish
 User Gallery

Loc: TEXUS
    #1285676 - 02/06/03 04:10 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

i find that trippind in the day time and tripping at night time are two totally different expieriences. i have to say io like tripping at night better though, when i look at the cover box of the movie slackers that som much reminds me of what it feels like to trip during the day time in the summer., i used to trip going to summer school in like 8 grade it was crazy shit , it was like 4-5 years ago and i still remember it soo good. yes.... i passed.

damn i remember commin to the shroomery way back then! of course i didnt even know about the forums back then!

--------------------
Not necessarily stoned, but beautiful

OfflineEuphoricDreams
Stranger

Re: night time vs daytime visuals. [Re: A0999]
    #1285750 - 02/06/03 04:27 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Both are amazing in their own rights.. . . Nighttime allows for almost constant CEV-like visuals because of the dark, it also allows ur imagination to create more from the darkness.

Daytime tho lets ur see lots more colors and distinct patterns, U can see the details not just the shapes of things. My best trips have been in the day time. ORRR at night when the moon casts lots of light, like when theirs snow and it reflects light everywhere

--------------------

Edited by EuphoricDreams (02/06/03 04:28 PM)

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience >> Trip Reports