Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTheta
TranscendentalExplorer

Fuzzy little shroomies...
    #1282029 - 02/05/03 01:04 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

OK, I have a cake that 's starting to grow some little guys. They are already growing fuzzy mycelium up the bases. I have read from many sources that this is an indication of good 'ol high humidity - very high humidity.

However, I have a friend who had the same thing with a cake in perlite humidity. He began to mist and the "problem" went away.

What's going on here?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Fuzzy little shroomies... [Re: Theta]
    #1282048 - 02/05/03 01:09 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

This has happened to me plenty of times.  It's done absolutely no damage.  I'd worry about it if it starts making it's way farther up the fruitbody's stem.  :grin: 

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

#1282051 - 02/05/03 01:10 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I have it too and I read the same iformation saying that it was from high humidity. I even have the black spores on the fuzzies. I had a couple others that had even more fuzzies than this.

--------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."

Invisibletripndicular
My Minds Eye IsRhizomorphic

Loc: Bowels of HELL
    #1282061 - 02/05/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Not to worry , unless becomes a hairy mass that over grows the mushie . Is most likely mycelium growing up the stalk , could be a sign you can drop humidity a little .

--------------------
Any information I give is not intended to aide you in the production of potentialy illegal substances !None of my exp comes from growing illegal varities , so take it as you will .
So with that said here is our mission statement .

Then the priest fell into a trance or swoon,& said unto the Queen of heaven ; Write unto us the ordeals; write unto us the rituals; write unto us the law !

OfflinePooGrower
Mr. Hanky

Loc: East Side
Re: Fuzzy little shroomies... [Re: Mycotopian]
    #1282063 - 02/05/03 01:12 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

thats 1 funny shroom

--------------------
"I WONT STOP TILL I HAVE A LIFE TIME SUPPLY" "dont be offended by anything i say, its in a joking manner"

OfflineAngry Mycologist
Spontaneouslycombusting

Loc: Galapagos
Re: Fuzzy little shroomies... [Re: Mycotopian]
    #1282068 - 02/05/03 01:13 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

That's quite a bit you have there Myco......what's your rH in your terrarium like?

--------------------
The proper penalty of ignorance, which is of course that those who don't know should learn from those who do... - Plato

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: Fuzzy little shroomies... [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1282075 - 02/05/03 01:15 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Mycelium isnt really supposed to grow on the surface of the ground (at least not this mycelium). So it is normal for it to retreat once it feels water. Dont worry no worrys.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineTheta
TranscendentalExplorer

Re: Fuzzy little shroomies... [Re: Angry Mycologist]
    #1282082 - 02/05/03 01:19 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

That's quite a bit you have there Myco......what's your rH in your terrarium like? 

:tongue: See, I had this happen with my first flush - at their based the shrooms came out about 3 times as thick as the one Myco posted - no shit!  They didn't grow very long at all either.

OfflineMycotopian
Mycotopian

Re: Fuzzy little shroomies... [Re: SixCee]
    #1282094 - 02/05/03 01:23 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"what's your rH in your terrarium like?"
Honestly I dunno. Probably too high.

--------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."

OfflineTheta
TranscendentalExplorer

#1282100 - 02/05/03 01:24 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

BTW, by the time they were done growing the mycelium around the base was very dense - much more dense that that pictured.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds