Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTRaNcE_TriPPeR
TRaNcE FoRTriPPiNG!
Loc: Calgary, Alberta
Tripping Problems...
    #1279263 - 02/04/03 04:50 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to turn around a bad trip into a good trip, besides telling yourself you're tripping and to relax and what not. It doesn't always work, and just wondering what you guys have done to turn around a bad trip, or an unpleasent trip to a good trip. I have shroomed a fair amount, and have had bad experiences, unpleasent experiences, and of course, great experiences on mushrooms. I am a diagnosed manic depressive, and know the guidelines on when to trip and when not to trip. When I have had my bad trips, I was in great spirits with no negative thoughts on my mind before dosing. Why am I having such a hard time having all of my trips go well?

--------------------
"GROOVY" - Popular 60's Slang :smirk:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Tripping Problems... [Re: TRaNcE_TriPPeR]
    #1279538 - 02/04/03 06:06 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I went through the same exact thing until I lost my ego... it was not such a great experience losing my ego, but now I rarely if ever find myself battling negative vibes. It's like the negative feeling and thought you have is just your "physical self" (mind and body), trying to hold back your spirtual self from excaping. For me, it was just all a matter of learning to let go and realizing that I didn't really matter in the whole scheme of things. But anyhow, instead of trying to run away from your negative thoughts while you're tripping, just try to go with them, perhaps embrass them... it might just pay off.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinegreenhaze
one toke overthe line

Loc: the severed garden
    #1281093 - 02/05/03 08:18 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

for me, the main thing that makes me have a bad trip is being around other people who aren't tripping....when you're tripping, it's like your mind only trusts others who are there tripping too....that's just from my experiences, but it might be something worth looking into...

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Tripping Problems... [Re: greenhaze]
    #1281711 - 02/05/03 11:15 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

the only thing iv noticed with bad trips are the same thing: I have had all my bad trips when im the only one tripping around other friends/ people that arent.

I usually force myself to think "hey you cant not think of anything right now whatsoever" force yourself to think of it later.

I also find that if Im having a bad trip the first thing I try to do is find the trippiest thing to do and do it.... which is usually staring at a uniform surface like a rug and trip out and the way my thought pattern is, I end up just not thinking of anything but the rug.

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

OfflineTRaNcE_TriPPeR
TRaNcE FoRTriPPiNG!
Re: Tripping Problems... [Re: aguynameddan]
    #1281757 - 02/05/03 11:31 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks to everyone who replied. I have tried to let my mind go, but it just freaks out when I see something scary, and I tell myself I"m tripping and that I'm fine, but it doesn't always work (like my last trip 2 days ago. VERY bad trip) on 3g P. Cubes. Most of my trip was ok, but once I hit my peak that's when things got crazy. I tried to do something else and go into a different setting and changed the music and it still didn't work. So I don't know. I have had great trips and want that again, but don't understand why I get bad trips the odd time.

--------------------

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1282933 - 02/05/03 05:42 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Try doing a trip in nature. There's nothing quite as relaxing as lying under the stars listening to your favourite trip albums.
The main idea in avoiding a bad trip is to distract yourself. Get your train of thought onto something else. If you're thinking about the reason you're freaking out, then you're constantly stuck in a thought loop always thinking the same thing. Try asking yourself next time "Alright, WHY am I freaking out? What is there to be afraid of? What exactly am I fearing?" And perhaps you'll find the answer, or realise that there's nothing really to be freaking out about.

InvisibleCracka_X
Spiritual Dirt Worshipper
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Swamp
    #1283129 - 02/05/03 07:50 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

What I would do is, write on your hand YOU'RE TRIPPING. But if that doesn't help, as you said tell yourself your tripping.

I'm gonna get something straight with you. Its gonna be hard to forget whatever is making you have a bad trip so my advice to you, instead of feeling bad or afraid, LAUGH at all the bad things. I mean, you're tripping, do you want to enjoy it or fear and hate it? LAUGHING is the one thing that pulls me out of soon to be bad trips. But if it doesn't work for you, then it was a nice try.

You're a manic depressive b/c of a chemical inbalance in your brain. Serotonin is a chemical that controls your mood and if you take 5-HTP, maybe that'll make you better. I was clean for a couple months and took 5-HTP and felt like a new man. It raises the serotonin in your brain.

Good Luck dude I hope I've been helpful,
Cracka_X

--------------------
The best way to live
is to be like water
For water benefits all things
and goes against none of them
It provides for all people
and even cleanses those places
a man is loath to go
In this way it is just like Tao        ~Daodejing

OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels
    #1284931 - 02/06/03 10:12 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

How to Avoid a Bad Trip

My personal method of calming involves concentrating on your breathing, taking deep & slow breaths :cool:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
Re: Tripping Problems... [Re: geokills]
    #1285313 - 02/06/03 11:54 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Thats an excellent resource for first timers. I think he asked how can he turn a bad trip around instead of how to avoid them however. I have only had 1or2 bad trips but what got me feeling better was just distracting my mind. Do something that will keep you busy and away from the circle of thoughts.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #1285352 - 02/06/03 12:13 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I find that when a trip begins to get uncomfortable, the best thing you can do is just try to relax. Accept that you are perhaps seeing things that you do not want to see, recognize that they are a part of your own mind and go with the flow. It's usually a reflection of some aspect of your life/mind that you have been trying to avoid anyway. Know thyself.

--------------------

OfflineCherk
Fashionable
Male User Gallery

Loc: International
Re: Tripping Problems... [Re: Revelation]
    #1285384 - 02/06/03 12:28 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

That's some excellent advice.

--------------------
I have considered such matters.

SIKE

OfflineSeeka
Psychotrooper
Loc: Western Hemisphere
Re: Tripping Problems... [Re: Cherk]
    #1286515 - 02/06/03 05:50 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I was once tripping on an experimental substance (hence I didn't know the effects) and there was a bug in my room.. shit, I forgot what it was called. Anyway, turns out it was harmless but it scared the hell outta me. I was in my room, forcing myself to stay clothed because I was scared of the thing, up on a chair sweeping the area every 2-4 seconds. I eventually did the right thing and went outside and walked around.

Of course, I was a dumbass because I was tripping an unknown substance, by myself, in a crappy environment... I'm a bit smarter now as to avoiding those things.

Does anyone know what that book is, that you're supposed to read if you're having a bad trip? I've been looking for it forever and can't find it. Thanks.

OfflineTRaNcE_TriPPeR
TRaNcE FoRTriPPiNG!
Re: Tripping Problems... [Re: Seeka]
    #1286825 - 02/06/03 07:27 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Listen to some Trance....hence the word meaning it will sweep you away into a trance and make you forget about a bad trip, a good trip or tripping at all....trance music is awesome.....:D sorry, just love the music, but love the oldies too, but I seriously highly recommend some trance music. I don't know a lot of names but know songs anyways. I mix myself, and have had experience playing in a club live :smile: That was fun. People started calling me "Trance Tripper" because some of my friends came to watch me DJ on shrooms and said that the music was awesome and I played trance music.

Unfortunately, when I had my bad trip, I didn't have my trance music with me :frown: That sucked. When I go have started going into a bad trip (which hasn't been too often, a few times) I have gotten myself out of because of trance music, but this last time (my bad trip on Monday night) I didn't have my music...hmmmm...

--------------------

Offlinescotsman1
addict
 User Gallery

Loc: guess
Re: Tripping Problems... [Re: Seeka]
    #1286826 - 02/06/03 07:27 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

it can be one wicked drug
if i have a bad one i get a bottle of water and pace up and down the room fast telling my self i am ok, i sit down , stand up, sit down all the time talking and telling myself i am ok
I got them pretty much down to T and dont get as many bad ones as i used to

Maybe you should cut your intake down slightly, cut it by even 0.5g see if that helps

--------------------
We're Bought and Sold
For English Gold

OfflineInfiniteAgony
Stranger

Loc: Ontario
Re: Tripping Problems... [Re: scotsman1]
    #4388060 - 07/09/05 09:22 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

When Im tripping I like to be outside in nature with one close friend who is also tripping. Ive found that my worst trips are in big groups of people, in town, etc.. It made me uncomfortable and paranoid, like I couldn't act as I normally would on shrooms. That feeling of suppression is what haunted me. Although I really haven't had a really awful trip yet.

Offlinenightkrawler
explorer
Male

Loc: new england
    #4388095 - 07/09/05 09:34 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

the key is learning to let go completely. it takes some practice. in your mind, you have to know 100% that it's ego loss is what you want to happen.

when i had the same problems you had, sometimes i forgot i had eaten shrooms to begin with. write yourself a note saying you ate shrooms, and also write down what time you'll be straight by(usually 6 hours after you eat them). if you can make sense of it while youre tripping, this can help.

--------------------

Not all who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offlinestarkes
Stranger

Re: Tripping Problems... [Re: Revelation]
    #4388858 - 07/10/05 01:44 AM (18 years, 9 months ago)

All i do is tell myself before i start that anything i would have to do won't be taking place until after the trip ends, no matter what. When i start thinking "oh shit I have to work in two days" and cant figure out how many radians in a backwards circle of colour two days is, or whatever fucked up concept of time i've got, i just think that i will be fine by whenever i have to work no matter what. and its all cool.

Beyond that i just have a fuck it point. If i get stuck thinking about something and it brings me down i just eventually say fuck it, its not a problem, let just go with this... and euphoria comes knocking at my door again.

Offlinelkfity315
First timetripper

Loc: south carolina
Re: Tripping Problems... [Re: starkes]
    #4389689 - 07/10/05 12:26 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Listen to some really chill music preferably timothy learys "turn on tune in drop out" guided trip album. Or listen to some Dj shadow that shit helps soo much. And tell yourself Go with the flow that helped for me when i had an oncomfortable moment my first time tripping.

--------------------
"My advice to people today is as follows: If you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in, and drop out. "
Timothy Leary

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order