Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebowling-name
sleuth

Loc: Mirror in the Sky
HPPD: Living With Flashbacks
    #1279120 - 02/04/03 04:11 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

HPPD, Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder...previously known as "Post Hallucinogen Perception Disorder"

I have only met one person who has this. Anyone else on the board have to deal with it? I'm especially interested in stories of people who have visual disturbances that are almost always with them, or other types of lingering hallucinations (e.g. unshakable smells, tastes, etc). How do you cope? How does this effect your work, your school habits, your relationships? Thanks ahead to those with the courage to share.

Think you might have it? Description from the DSM:

The essential feature of Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder (Flashbacks) is the transient recurrence of disturbances in perception that are reminescent of those experienced during one or more earlier Hallucinogen Intoxications. The person must have had no recent Hallucinogen Intoxication and must show no current drug toxicity (Criterion A). This reexperienceing of perceptual symptoms causes clinically significant distress or impairment
in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning (Criterion B). The symptoms are not due to a general medical condition (e.g., anatomical lesions and infections of the brain or visual epilepsies) and are not better accounted for by another mental disorder (e.g., delerium, dementia, or Schizophrenia) or by hypnopompic hallucinations (Criterion C). The perceptual disturbances may include geometric forms, peripheral-field images, flashes of color, intensified colors, trailing images (images left suspended in the path of a moving object as seen in stroboscopic photography), perceptions of entire objects, afterimages (a same-colored or complementary-colored "shadow" of an object remaining after the removal of the object), halos around objects, macropsia, and micropsia. The abnormal perceptions that are associated with Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder occur episodically and may be self-induced (e.g., by thinking about them) or triggered by entry into a dark environment, various drugs, anxiety or fatigue, or other stressors. The episodes may abate after several months, but many persons report persisting episodes for 5 years or longer. Reality testing remains intact (i.e., the person realizes that the perception is a drug effect and does not represent external reality). In contrast, if the person has a delusional interpretation concerning the etiology of the perceptual disturbance, the appropriate diagnosis would be Psychotic Disorder Not Otherwise Specified.

Diagnostic criteria for 292.89 Hallucinogen Persisting Perception Disorder
A. The re-experiencing, following cesssation of use of a hallucinogen, of one or more of the perceptual symptoms that were experienced while intoxicated with the hallucinogen (e.g., geometric hallucinations, false perceptions of movement in the peripheral visual fields, flashes of colors, intensified colors, trails of images of moving objects, positive afterimages, halos around objects, macropsia, and micropsia.
B. The symptoms in Criterion A cause clinically significant distress or impairment in social, occupational, or other important areas of functioning.
C. The symptoms are not due to a general medical condition (e.g., anatomical lesions and infections of the brain, visual epilepsies) and are not better accounted for another mental disorder (e.g., delerium, dementia, Schizophrenia) or hypnopompic hallucinations.

-- more info

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrugman
antisobrietarian
Male

Loc: the land up over
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: bowling-name]
    #1279226 - 02/04/03 04:39 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

All you need to do is use PSI Healing B.

Offlinepsilocybeshaman
Shaman
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: Brugman]
    #1279373 - 02/04/03 05:19 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Lol! That game is/was the shit. I have beaten it too many times now for it to be fun but I used to love it. I can't believe a sequel was never made. There was supposed to be Earthbound 64 but it never happened.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1279552 - 02/04/03 06:10 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There is no suffering....you are more open to the 'real' reality :wink:

consider it somethign to be grateful for :wink:

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: juicemonkey]
    #1279749 - 02/04/03 07:27 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

this is a bunch of bullshit!

like depression ,
there is nothing on earth that can test the levels of serotonin

--------------------

Offlinebowling-name
sleuth

Loc: Mirror in the Sky
    #1279817 - 02/04/03 08:09 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

:smirk: 

OfflineT0aD
Stranger

#1279861 - 02/04/03 08:42 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Ive real people say HPPD ruins their life

--------------------
Cuba Libre

InvisibleMeltingPenguin
Pooh-Bah

Loc: new england
    #1279871 - 02/04/03 08:51 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i have that for sure

i also have post tramatic stress disorder from bad trips

doesn't ruin my life, the stress disorder sucks,

but HPPD is what you make of it, just as life is

i think its made my life more interesting

--------------------
Growing anything is good for the soul

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: T0aD]
    #1280187 - 02/05/03 02:31 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well those people are pussies :wink:

I just say your more 'in tune'...but if you wanna put a name to it or whatever...yeah...I have hppd.  I don't find it disabling at all.

I'm grateful :wink:

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

Anonymous

#1280193 - 02/05/03 02:33 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So random hallucinatory phenomenon are more 'in tune', eh?

I don't get it.

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: ]
    #1280213 - 02/05/03 02:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Yes...why insist it's a 'disability' of some sort.

I'm just more in tune with the 'real reality'. I don't understand why it's a negative thing. I wouldn't have it any other way.

--------------------

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1280316 - 02/05/03 03:26 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I have always been able to see some CEV's (even before I started tripping) When I close my eyes, its never black--always a wavy blue, red, pink, and purple static. Once in a while I can have OEV's if I'm in the right kind of mood. I don't see how these kinds of things can be harmful. I think its the weak minded people out there who cant handle these things that say it makes you crazy or whatever. Here's a good quote to sum it up " If you don't have room in your house for an elephant, dont make friends with an elephant trainer " Peace to you all, and don't get too high too fast or you might not be able to land on your feet

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1280390 - 02/05/03 03:57 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I dont believe I have this condition but I can make myself have ever so slight visualizations at will. Ever since my first mushroom trip my CEVs are anything but black. And if I stare at a uniform looking surface like a wall or rug I can make it breath ever so slightly.

Dont get me wrong, its not near like tripping but its not like it was before I tried the mushrooms.

I dont mind it, its only noticable when I concentrate on it.

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

Offlinegrowin
addict
    #1280419 - 02/05/03 04:04 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i had it for years when i just started trippin. it seemed to get stronger while smoking ganja.

after i tried datura i saw flushes for half a year later (white flashs are a hallucination very common with datura)
anyway, i didnt connect it with the datura i took and thoght someone was following me with a camera. it espesiaaly got more common while smoking so i was thinking the police r after me... paranoia...  :shocked:

i also took some sanpedro and all the trip i looked on the celing fan of a friend of mine dance and swirl all around the celling. whenever i came back (even months later) and looked at it it danced and swirled again.

one time i looked on a beautifull sunset and then i looked inside the room and i saw a big green ball in the corner of the room. this happend a few times that day. it was wierd because it happend only in a perticilar corner if the room.

i also just had little things jumping in the corner of my eye, things breathing. i could also  summon it by will.

now i dont have these optic disorders anymore. it just faded away although i trip even more. i just got used to psychedelics or somthing...

it happend to almost everyone i know who trip.
this also happend to a riend of mine after she took n2o for her 1st time.

a growin original

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1280479 - 02/05/03 04:35 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

HPPD is good fun

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: Strumpling]
    #1280991 - 02/05/03 07:32 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes when I'm falling asleep or right when I'm waking up I'll see my ceiling start to lightly breath.I think it's just because psychedelics have made me more aware of things that happpen anyway.It's probabaly just an ampliefied hypnagogic sleep state that most people get.It gets worse when I'm extremely tired or stoned.It doesn't bother me at all though,it's entertaining at times.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Offlinethelox
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: monoamine]
    #1281316 - 02/05/03 09:13 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think I get this when I smoke bud, my vision gets distorted and I'll
see flashes of light. I really only notice when high, although that
is most of the time.

OfflineCeeEssGee
Canadian-American

Loc: Toronto, Ontario
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: thelox]
    #1281367 - 02/05/03 09:31 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

The fact that there are people with this condition that enjoy it is making me consider the immediate disposal of all hallucenogenics that I own...

--------------------
Why, sirrah, why may a caudled fillhorse be deemed the brother to a hiren candle in the night? Withal, because a candle may be greased, yet a fillhorse be without a fat argier!

OfflineCryptic
WarpedCndn

Loc: Canada
    #1281411 - 02/05/03 09:40 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes i have a flashback and i feel like i am on Acid again. I dont mind it, it is yet to have any effect on anything in my life, i just get mild visual distortions and colors appear brighter.. but i only have a very mild case

--------------------
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

While the Trees Grow out of your Skin, Can i plant you so a forest will grow?
"When you want it, it goes away to Fast. Times you hate it always seem to last" - Marilyn Manson

Offlinethelox
Re: HPPD: Living With Flashbacks [Re: Cryptic]
    #1281466 - 02/05/03 10:05 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Does anyone know if this is a permenant situation or does it cease
after a period of time i.e a year of not using psychadelics?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order