Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Dumb ass light test
    #1281082 - 02/05/03 08:13 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well as many know I like to do tests on cakes.

I took a leftover F+ cake and exposed half to regular light and half to 250w MH that I use for cuttings.

My results    Bigger shrooms on the brighter side. I thaught this may be a fluke so I turned the cake around and got the same results.

I know it's a dumbass test but when you've smoked enough of these lady's then do tests I'm sure you understand.        :wink:    :grin:   

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Dumb ass light test [Re: Magash]
    #1281100 - 02/05/03 08:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i don't know why you think it's a dumbass test. i think it's a great test.

i'd like more control to ensure that some other factor wasn't involved. for instance a couple other things the 250 mh may have changed are heat and relative humidity. how can we be sure it was only a difference in light intensity that changed?

were the lights inside the chamber or outside? did you measure temp and humidity on each side of the cake?

still good work regardless!

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London
Trusted Cultivator
    #1281104 - 02/05/03 08:20 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

very interesting, magash, and contrary to populay thought.

could this be a reaction to heat in a tropical strain? had these already pinned?

--------------------
buh

OfflineTheShroomHermit
Divine Hermit of the Everything
 User Gallery

Loc: border of Canada and Mexi...
    #1281127 - 02/05/03 08:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe the ones of the "bright side" pinned earlier and had more time to grow fruits... thus it was bigger at the time the picture was taken. The big ones have already broken there veil, but the smaller ones still have more to grow. If your or someone else can repeat this experiment using more controls, that would be great...

I think you should take a picture of how big the ones on the "darker side" get. Also, I don't think it's fair becuase the "dark" side has less water and nutrients to through a flush with... and they share the same cake so they are impacted negatively by the "lighter side"

InvisibleMagash
Da Bud Guru
 User Gallery

Loc: Near Hilo
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Dumb ass light test [Re: Bilge]
    #1281157 - 02/05/03 08:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sorry I left out the details. Lights were outside the chamber. Temps were 76F in the chamber and air was cirulated once every 2 hours with a vicks coolmist. The cake had a little cardboard blinder setup to keep the lighted halfs seperate.

--------------------
All creatures tremble when faced with violence. All creatures fear death, all love life. If we can only see ourselves in others, then how could we possibly hurt another creature?

:growingweed: Join us at the Growery! :growingweed:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds