Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineFuckinVirgin

Loc: Cana-derr Flag
Re: Fedor loses to Werdum via traingle choke [Re: Noetical]
    #12817280 - 06/28/10 11:01 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Noetical said:
I used Rocky Marciano to emphasize that it doesn't happen - everyone gets beat.

Who should the Rock have defended against rather than the cast that he did?

I'm not saying that he should have fought anyone else, just that Marciano fought at a weak point in the HW boxing scene, whereas Fedor weathered through the top challengers the sport has seen.

--------------------
If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Fedor loses to Werdum via traingle choke [Re: FuckinVirgin]
    #12818498 - 06/28/10 02:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

FuckinVirgin said:
Quote:

Noetical said:
I used Rocky Marciano to emphasize that it doesn't happen - everyone gets beat.

Who should the Rock have defended against rather than the cast that he did?

I'm not saying that he should have fought anyone else, just that Marciano fought at a weak point in the HW boxing scene, whereas Fedor weathered through the top challengers the sport has seen.

QFT!

Also, MMA as a sport suffers from the most short-sighted block-headed fans.  A champion fighter wins several fights in a row and everyone thinks they're invulnerable.  They lose one fight and people think their career is over and they were a shitty fighter to begin with.

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

OfflineChicagoMorel
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: NW Chicago Burbs
Re: Fedor loses to Werdum via traingle choke [Re: Society]
    #12818550 - 06/28/10 02:55 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Fedor Rocked Werdum then got caught when he rushed in to finish him off.  Props to Werdum for seizing the advantage and using his great jiu-jitsu skills to trap Fedor. Kind of like Mir Trapping lesner, for all you lesner nut lickers out there.

Props to both Fedor and Werdum for being respectful and showing great sportsmanship after the fight.

“The one who doesn’t fall never stands up,” said Emelianenko, the former PRIDE heavyweight champion, through an interpreter. “It happened that people made me an idol. But everybody loses. I’m just a human being. And if it’s God’s will next fight, I’ll win.”Emelianenko said after the fight it was the triangle, not the armbar, that did him in.

“At the very beginning of the round, I hit him and I wanted to finish as soon as possible,” he said. “At that moment, I made a mistake. I would like to have a rematch with Fabricio if he was to agree. I’d love to do that.

“There were several moments when I could escape, but I relied on myself too much and that’s why I paid for it. At the very moment when I had to escape, I stopped, and that moment was used for Fabricio to lock it on.” The win changes the face of the world heavyweight rankings, which were controversial enough since Emelianenko largely had been considered No. 1 in the world since a 2003 win over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira.

Class

“I’m so happy,” said Werdum, who came into Saturday’s fight as a 6-to-1 underdog. “Fedor’s the best in the world. This night I’m the best guy, but Fedor is the best in the world, he went 10 years with no losses. I idolized Fedor from when I saw him in PRIDE. Now I beat my idol. Can you imagine how I feel?”

Class and sportsmanship. I love MMA, and these guys are the best. We will see them both again

--------------------
"Evolution is the slow conquest of dimensions, and music has always been the way."-Terrance McKenna

"Sounds like funny machines!" -My 7 year old daughter Makayla, while listening to Shpongle.

OfflineLiquidSmoke
My title's cooler than yours DBK

Loc: S.A.G.G.Y.B.A.L.L.S.
    #12818650 - 06/28/10 03:12 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Society said:

QFT!

Also, MMA as a sport suffers from the most short-sighted block-headed fans.  A champion fighter wins several fights in a row and everyone thinks they're invulnerable.  They lose one fight and people think their career is over and they were a shitty fighter to begin with.

thank you so much for saying this.

i'd been basically complaining about this shit for so long.  It's so fucking stupid how many short-sighted, noob fans there are who think just because they discovered the sport, things are all of a sudden changing drastically all the time.

But the reality is, fighters who were good back then are still good now.  And just because more people started watchin the sport, doesn't mean all of the new prospect fighters are like all of a sudden superior to everyone else whose been around for a while.

"Shogun's not that good anymore, he lost to forrest, he won't make it in the UFC in today's MMA".

"Anderson Silva won't make it in the UFC MW division, even if he gets past Leben theres no way some outside free agent is gonna beat the UFC middleweight Champion, Rich Franklin"

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineLiquidSmoke

Re: Fedor loses to Werdum via traingle choke [Re: LiquidSmoke]
    #12819451 - 06/28/10 06:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Pat Miletich said it best:

"I watched in amazement as Fedor was submitted by Fabricio Werdum. My heart sank not for Fedor but for the reality of perfection that is not attainable in the sport of MMA. All experienced fighters know you’re going to lose if you’re fighting world-class opponents, but Fedor was different.

I remember when he came on the scene in the Rings organization. My fighters and I were competing there during the dark years of the UFC. Nobody even noticed Fedor at first, but that soon changed. He was wrecking name fighters standing up and on the ground. I found it puzzling how this guy, short and average looking, was able to beat guys like Ricardo Arona.

We all know what followed, as Fedor would go on to mow through great fighters in their prime in the Pride organization.

Today on all the forums, Twitter and Facebook, people are saying they knew he wasn't the best fighter in the world. Really? All I can say is, he wasn't (Saturday) night.

Fabricio Werdum was insistent in his interview that Fedor is the best in the world. I respect Fabricio for saying this. This shows true class from a true world-class fighter, and Werdum is a true fighter. What Fedor said was something only a man like he could say. Fedor said, "A man that does not fall, does not stand up.”

I just wonder who out of all those who are so critical of this man will stand in front of him when he stands back up? "

--------------------
"Shmokin' weed, Shmokin' wizz, doin' coke, drinkin' beers.  Drinkin' beers beers beers, rollin' fatties, smokin' blunts.  Who smokes tha blunts?  We smoke the blunts" - Jay and Silent Bob strike Back

OfflineFuckinVirgin

Loc: Cana-derr Flag
    #12820553 - 06/28/10 09:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

The guy makes one mistake in 10 years and suddenly he was overrated. :shrug:

--------------------
If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow.

OfflineBeefWatson
Beefmaster

#12820649 - 06/28/10 10:03 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

hes the best, arouuuuuund, no ones ever gonna keep him down.

OfflineLiquidSmoke

#12821506 - 06/29/10 02:03 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i'm curious to see how he does now that he doesn't have the pressure of an undefeated tag on him.

It's not like he was on any real decline before his loss.  He still is easily one of the best heavyweights out there, and who knows, maybe he'll redeem himself in a rematch down the road.

I think him losing forces him even more to sign with the UFC, which is what this is all really boiling down to.

All it will mean is we get to see how he does along with the long list of coveted free agents the UFC's signed from former Japan organizations.  Some have sank, some are currently champions.

--------------------

InvisibleSouthernGulfStyle
FreeDriftinSpirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: texas,usa Flag
    #12830923 - 06/30/10 07:43 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i just dnt see fedor going to the ufc at all the only way i see it happening if m1 global really dies b/c of his loss.

and yeah lol i hear it all the time now" fedors just washed up and old now" lol thats soo dumb the guy is only 33 years old

--------------------

Awebig Faggot said " Nice fucking question, shivers blood.
Seriously, go." ahahah A prime example of getting mad through a computer

InvisibleMrSinister
Uncle T
Male User Gallery

Loc: Outworld
    #12835367 - 07/01/10 04:24 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

It was bound to happen Fedor was going to lose... It's MMA.. Now we have to see if he takes this and runs with it.. Look at GSP losing to Matt Sera. He is at his best now cause it woke his ass up and showed him he can be beat....

--------------------

"They look like psychos? Is that what they looked like? They were vampires. Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits 'em. I don't give a fuck how crazy they are!"

"Eric Stratton.. Rush chairman.. Damn glad to meet you.."

InvisibleSouthernGulfStyle
FreeDriftinSpirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: texas,usa Flag
Re: Fedor loses to Werdum via traingle choke [Re: MrSinister]
    #12838586 - 07/02/10 05:48 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

:congrats: i agree 100%

--------------------

Awebig Faggot said " Nice fucking question, shivers blood.
Seriously, go." ahahah A prime example of getting mad through a computer

OfflineFUTURIST
In another land...
Male

Re: Fedor loses to Werdum via traingle choke [Re: FUTURIST]
    #13984431 - 02/18/11 12:30 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

Hahaha!!!!!!!!! FEDOR LOST AGAIN!!!!!!! HAHHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!:laugh2:

InvisibleSociety
Mmmm... pizza
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Fedor loses to Werdum via traingle choke [Re: FUTURIST]
    #13985583 - 02/18/11 04:26 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

And...?

--------------------
Delicious Pizza

Offlinejoshstins420
Youre pretty good
Male User Gallery

Loc: Seattle USA Flag
    #14004563 - 02/21/11 10:53 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

id like to see fedor at 205 or 185 , hes only 230 and a good 20 or 30 pounds of it is fat either way he lost to 2 world class fighters

--------------------

OfflinePaw_Paw
OTD`s Cranky Hyperetard
Female

Loc: Northern Hemisphere
Re: Fedor loses to Werdum via traingle choke [Re: joshstins420]
    #14004612 - 02/21/11 11:00 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

I dont even follow the fighting shit but Fedor should retire:stonedjerk:

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: Fedor loses to Werdum via traingle choke [Re: Paw_Paw]
    #14037978 - 02/27/11 07:37 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

used to like fedor but now it looks like his heart isn't in it, he gets his ass whooped by some mutated gorilla and now he wants to retire...what a fucking pussy.

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Offlinejoshstins420
Youre pretty good
Male User Gallery

Re: Fedor loses to Werdum via traingle choke [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #14038337 - 02/27/11 08:27 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

WTF are you the talking about, Fedor a pussy? he wanted to keep going but the doctor wouldnt allow it.  So far he IS the greatest fighter that EVER lived. And btw NO fighter is a pussy. even the worst fighter in the world isnt a pussy

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #14038837 - 02/27/11 09:28 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

BS, any fighter can be a pussy, fedor WAS the greatest fighter ever, you can't say he still is when he's on a horrible loosing streak getting beat by clowns and then cry about retirement afterwords.  If it was just the clowns i could deal with that, but when he goes and talks about retirement thats making a statement...a statement that he knows he's not "Fedor" anymore, that he's a quitter, a has been.  BJ Penn kinda pulled the same crap last night, the difference is i never really liked BJ Penn, and BJ never really liked fighting or he keeps crying about it, first he's like i might as well retire cuss there's nobody skilled enough to fight, then he gets beat by a midget twice and captain humps alot...and he doesn't even train or like training or w/e well whats he expect, he should retire since all he cares about is the money.

Oh and i call bullshit on him wanting to keep fighting, he sat in his chair, he looked defeated...if he wanted back in he would have put up more of a fight than that, but he didn't want no more of the gorilla, and if he would have never jumped into the dudes guard twice he would have never put himself into that position

again i used to like Fedor, he was the best back in the day, but if he's thinking of retiring its because he's either a pussy or because he's washed up due to the oil spill

--------------------

Offlinejoshstins420
Youre pretty good
Male User Gallery

Re: Fedor loses to Werdum via traingle choke [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #14050467 - 03/01/11 07:01 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

nobody who fights in a ring or cage is a pussy even the retired ones. clowns? your selling werdum and silva short. silva was 1st and only elite xc heavyweight champ and cage rage champ. werdum can beat anybody on the ground and his last loss was to JDS whos fighting for the UFC title before cain got injured

--------------------

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #14051797 - 03/01/11 10:48 PM (13 years, 1 month ago)

the only reason silva does any good is cuss he's a mutated gurilla aka a clown aka pathetic to end your career to, he doesn't have any real skill he just uses his body,extra thick skull, ape length arms, to his advantage.  All his punches are telegraphed, clumsy, pathetic, its just his fists are the size of watermelons so it doesn't matter.

and again yes ANYBODY can be a pussy, just cuss your in a cage when you become pussified doesn't mean jack shit

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale