Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinemazexii
Female

Loc: Flag
Re: Knowledge and Reincarnation [Re: JackofSpades]
    #12804813 - 06/25/10 08:19 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

There is a church I go past on my way to Florida - I've been taking the same route for 15 years and every time I go by it, I get these images of myself as a black woman, sometimes running toward the church, sometimes hiding inside. I always feel scared and betrayed.

Last week when I went by the church, I wrote down the name and address and looked up the church.  I have always assumed I was a slave running away (due to the area in GA where this was and the feelings I felt during these "images"). Anyhow, I looked up the church online the other day, just to see when it was founded.
This is what it said:
Founded on our present worship site in May, 1883, the New Springfield Baptist Church has sought to render service in the Siloam community since those faithful few gathered together in the Lord's name..

We were organized 18 years after the Civil War ended in an effort to give physical, social, and spiritual  guidance to a people just out of slavery; but who had dreams and aspirations for their children, and their children's children.

Through all of our years we have sought to meet the challenges for our people in the areas of:

spiritual growth
academic attainment
economic development
political advancement
upward social mobility

Soooo.... apparently I wasn't a slave because the church came into existence 18 years after slavery ended. I don't know why I was feeling  betrayed or who I was running from. I hope to discover more about that life and what happened to me and if my images were of my last hours or moments.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinesoldatheero
lastirishman
 User Gallery

Re: Knowledge and Reincarnation [Re: mazexii]
    #12805017 - 06/25/10 09:04 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Heh wow sweet story. There are many stories like yours out there.

--------------------
..and may the zelda theme song be with you at all times, amen.

OfflineSaidin
Sun Dragon
Male

Loc: In between my thoughts
Re: Knowledge and Reincarnation [Re: JackofSpades]
    #12805321 - 06/25/10 10:29 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

JackofSpades said:
Assuming you believe in reincarnation...

would spiritual growth and understanding be passed along or just karma?

like lets say I die right now and I am reborn. I come back with a lot of good karma but what is to stop me from being a selfish piece of shit even though i work hard to be compassionate and follow a moral code in this current life?

it would seem kind of unfair if you were reborn with good karma but also with ignorance so that it means nothing...is wisdom passed along i guess is what im asking?

also, what is to say im not going to come back as a dog? who makes these rules? i want to know more about reincarnation if you could fill me in

Of course you build spiritual understanding at the oversoul level, but you are not aware of it at the manifest level.  If you knew exactly what you needed to do, there wouldn't be much point in reincarnating now would there?  How can one learn if they already know all the answers?  If you didn't experience spiritual growth and understanding, there wouldn't be much point to reincarnation.

If you have good karma, you would probably come back as an asshole in order to balance it out.

Once you get to the human level of manifestation, you don't go back to lower forms.  You have probably already been a dog and various other animals in previous lives, and have graduated to a self aware existence.

--------------------
What, you ask, was the beginning of it all?  And it is this...

Existence that multiplied itself
For sheer delight of being
And plunged into numberless trillions of forms
So that it might
Find
Itself
Innumerably.
-Sri Aubobindo

Offlinesoldatheero
lastirishman
 User Gallery

Re: Knowledge and Reincarnation [Re: Saidin]
    #12805619 - 06/25/10 11:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

If you have good karma, you would probably come back as an asshole in order to balance it out.

Once you get to the human level of manifestation, you don't go back to lower forms.  You have probably already been a dog and various other animals in previous lives, and have graduated to a self aware existence.

:thumbup::smile:

--------------------
..and may the zelda theme song be with you at all times, amen.

Offlinecircastes
Big Questions Small Head
Male User Gallery

Loc: straya Flag
Re: Knowledge and Reincarnation [Re: soldatheero]
    #12805677 - 06/26/10 12:04 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

heh heh animals are hilarious. So happy... so care-free, and fuzzy-looking.

--------------------
My solitude...
My shield...
My armour...

TESTED
WITH
FULL
FORCE

Offlinedeff
just love everyone
 User Gallery

Loc: clarity Flag
Re: Knowledge and Reincarnation [Re: circastes]
    #12805810 - 06/26/10 12:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

some are really unhappy :undecided:
(getting eaten alive and such)

--------------------

Offlineg00ru
lit pants tit licker
Male User Gallery

Loc: georgia, us
Re: Knowledge and Reincarnation [Re: deCypher]
    #12807698 - 06/26/10 12:57 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Cyph3r said:
If there is no self or atman according to Buddhist doctrine, then how can this "self" be reincarnated?

This is just confusion created by semantics. Buddhism recognizes reincarnation as analogous to a single flame being passed from candle to candle. In the great web of cause and effect, your death will cause the birth of another life, which will be in effect 'you' because it is part of the same stream of consciousness.  However, as buddhism doesn't believe in the self, 'you' aren't really reincarnation because 'you' don't exist at all. 

The buddha remembered all his past lives upon attaining enlightenment though so obviously they do believe in some sort of self that is reincarnated, just not any ultimate self in the philosophical sense.

--------------------
check out my music!
drowse in prison and your waking will be but loss

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order