Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegoomerguy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I think I'm doing good for a 1st timer?? [Re: Atlantis]
    #12820030 - 06/28/10 07:53 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

sweet thanks for your advice,I'm so damn excited I'm bout ready to eat pins lol,but I'll be patient and wait for full fruits.

also how do you know when you have aborts? there's a couple pins that the heads are looking dark almost black and the stems are getting dark like bruising, also due to too dry?? whats the fix? just mist and harvest then dunk for 24hrs?

I'll post pics of the dark pins along with progress pics. also was wondering the time frame from when i see pins to when i harvest?? like will i be eating these on the 4Th of July?

--------------------
Remember what I told you? "No Pills,No Powder. If It grows from the ground Its Probably Ok"...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegoomerguy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I think I'm doing good for a 1st timer?? [Re: goomerguy]
    #12820199 - 06/28/10 08:26 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Remember what I told you? "No Pills,No Powder. If It grows from the ground Its Probably Ok"...

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#12820312 - 06/28/10 08:45 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

goomerguy said:

Those are looking great bro. Simply amazing for your first time. Really shows what a little bit of reading can accomplish.

You could be eating those on the 4th of July. They will probably be breaking their veils around then. So feel free to harvest before or on the fourth.

Happy trippin :awesomenod:

--------------------
AMU - AMU Q & A - MyVideo Teks!

Offlineafrosheen
9Lives the cat
Male User Gallery

#12820322 - 06/28/10 08:46 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You'll know aborts when you see them. They'll be super obvious.

My buddy had some Maz cakes that had an absolutely insane pinset. In fact, there were so many pins that tons of aborts resulted from getting trapped between the larger fruits. The cakes simply couldn't support the hundred or so fruits per cake.

They were easy to spot. Black heads, no growth after a day or so. Threw them in the dehydrator anyway.

--------------------

Offlinegoomerguy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I think I'm doing good for a 1st timer?? [Re: afrosheen]
    #12820388 - 06/28/10 09:02 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

so would it be ok to pull and eat those as soon as they are noticable aborts? or should i leave em till the whole things ready to flush?

also i know im gettin ahead of myself but come second flush on the casing do i dunk for 24hrs then throw back into the SGFC? could i dunk n roll then just set the whole thing on foil like one big cake in stead of puttin it back in the tin tray?

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#12820502 - 06/28/10 09:31 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

goomerguy said:
so would it be ok to pull and eat those as soon as they are noticable aborts? or should i leave em till the whole things ready to flush?

also i know im gettin ahead of myself but come second flush on the casing do i dunk for 24hrs then throw back into the SGFC? could i dunk n roll then just set the whole thing on foil like one big cake in stead of puttin it back in the tin tray?

that sounds perfect :laugh: but dont roll your cakes a second time. only dunk them.

also the only reason i wouldnt pick the aborts as soon as you see them is: you might disturb the substrate for the current flush. I'd wait until you pick all of them.

--------------------

Edited by k00laid (06/28/10 09:34 PM)

Offlinegoomerguy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I think I'm doing good for a 1st timer?? [Re: k00laid]
    #12820548 - 06/28/10 09:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i was talking about the casing,iv read mixed opinions on rehydrating casings amd was just wondering,i might just just dunk it for 12-16hrs and see how that goes? thats if i dont get a indefinate answer on that.

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#12820567 - 06/28/10 09:43 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

is it just a crumbled brf cake with vermiculite on top of it? if so just pop the whole thing out of the aluminum tray and dunk and roll it.

dunk your cakes but do not roll them.

--------------------

Offlinetehpurplepills
King
Male

Loc: Green Bay, Wisconsin
    #12820663 - 06/28/10 10:06 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

yeah man the 4th of july is like 5 days away i thuink... so definitly those pins will be fully grown by then have fun watching fireworks on that shit-haha amazing

Offlinegoomerguy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I think I'm doing good for a 1st timer?? [Re: tehpurplepills]
    #12820797 - 06/28/10 10:40 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

thanks guys,and i read a tek some where on here and it worked tits id say, after it was dunked for 24hrs i sliced it into 1/8"-1/4" thick rounds and layed them down covering most of the casing (which is 50/50 verm/pete) then crumbled the last chunk filling in any gaps then it colinized for 7days or so then started to pin,the top as you can see isnt fully colinized so thats why i was asking bout dunking, so that its 50/50 verm/pete should i roll it in that after dunking?? also should i put it back into the tin or would it do better if i were to flip it up side down on to foil on the perlite?

also i think im gonna start powdering my cakes in a food proccessor from now on because my little test with rye berry bulk jars im doing, one i powdered half a cake and one i hand crumbled half and the powdered one took off with in hrs and the other is still trying to start spreading its crazy,my next test will be trying the same casing with a whole cake powdered,i bet it will take half the time my current one took.

was just thinking too about testing out different casing mixes with the 50/50 verm/pete mix and add woodchips and saw dust or wood feul pellets for my azurescens i think im ready to get those poppin. i just need to make another syringe,along with tryin agar for a first time.

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#12820917 - 06/28/10 11:09 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

i would dunk it, ditch the tin, roll it in verm, place it on foil in your fc.

how thick is your verm/peat layer?

--------------------

Offlinegoomerguy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#12820944 - 06/28/10 11:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

well theres like a half inch on the bottom and 1/2-3/4" on top.

so after i were to dunk and roll it should i put it in the FC right side up or up side down? does it really matter? do they only pin/fruit from the origonal "top"?

--------------------

Offlinek00laid
NEMO
 User Gallery

#12820962 - 06/28/10 11:21 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

they'll pin wherever the humidity and fae is good.
flipping it upside down would probably provide an easier area to pick them off of.
but i would defo give it a roll in some verm after you dunk it.

--------------------

Offlinegoomerguy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#12821066 - 06/28/10 11:41 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

sweet,thanks for the clarifications k00laid,i really appreciate it allot. i swear growing cannabis is less exciting than growing mushrooms,its kinda more involved and way more interesting. so far by far the funnest cultivation hobby iv had yet.

I was just wondering if anyone had any recommendations on what spores i should buy next?

I was a total noob when i got these "reality benders" and "Azurescens Elixir"I'm a pro cannabis grower and when i saw the reality benders were a "hybrid" i was like "ooh freakin sweet!!! GOTTA GET THOSE" and then reading about the others being the most potent mushroom in the world i was like "I Have to Have those" but after really getting into mycology i learned i was duped on the "Hybrid" BS and the Azurescens are a harder to grow wood loving mushroom and i wanna grow relatively easy to grow "strain" if you will?

was looking at APE,EQ,golden teachers and Cambodians those seem to be popular mushrooms to grow,If you were to recommend "ONE" which would it be?

--------------------

Offlinegoomerguy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#12835221 - 07/01/10 03:51 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

so here's sorta a little update,it looks like I'll only end up with 3 or 4 actual mushrooms on the casing and maybe the same on the one cake that's fruiting,the other 2 aren't doing anything at all i hope they're not dead?

here's pix

and I'm gonna take a crack at a mono tub

so what do you guys think?

--------------------

Offlineafrosheen
9Lives the cat
Male User Gallery

#12837555 - 07/01/10 11:22 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Those cracking caps tell me the RH is probably too low. Do you have an analog hygrometer yet?

--------------------

Offlinegoomerguy
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: I think I'm doing good for a 1st timer?? [Re: afrosheen]
    #12839470 - 07/02/10 11:19 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

no i havent got one yet it is prolly way low,i mist really often tho.

--------------------

Offlinegoomerguy
Stranger
 User Gallery

#12844520 - 07/03/10 11:27 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

so i don't think they will be ready to eat tomorrow eh?? how much longer til theyre ready?

--------------------

Invisibleambargh
 User Gallery

#12844756 - 07/03/10 12:40 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

That first pic looks really dry. Give it some water and fan more.

--------------------
"The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well, on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.." - Douglas Adams

ambargh's easy agar

InvisibleJavadog
Continuing along
Male User Gallery

Loc: USA Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: I think I'm doing good for a 1st timer?? [Re: ambargh]
    #12847613 - 07/04/10 01:16 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, I think that the splitting cap tells this tale.
(dryness)

--------------------
Boyd Rice told my brother that life is a corny pack of freesakes

Myco-tek.org

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract