Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedavikosack
Karma Police

Loc: Champagne Supernova
Avoid mirrors
    #1279932 - 02/04/03 10:14 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I was tripping with one of my best friend on Sunday. Everything went well, we were in the living room listening to OK Computer (best tripping album for me, I didn't want any track to end), having a great time.

After that we went to my room, talked for a bit, and I went for a long washroom break.

When I came back, I found my buddy staring at the mirror (the big ones used for closet sliding doors). His face then got really intense, which turns to horrified, and suddenly burst out crying. He kept on saying it's so bad, it's the end, and loads of negative things... Seriously, if I wasn't there, I think he would've done some crazy stuff. I felt really bad, I think this trip had some unwanted change in him.. he was still really depressed 2 days after the trip.

I've got to say this... avoid mirror when tripping... most people I know don't like what they see in the mirror when tripping, myself included.

--------------------
Davikosack

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleralph snart111
infectedlycanthrope

Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: davikosack]
    #1280006 - 02/05/03 12:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I, on the other hand find mirrors funny as hell,watching my face turn and twist into all sorts of squares and block thingies.It's really not fun to get caught in the mirror,not being able to quit looking,just stuck there.That's probably what happened to your friend.
Be safe.

--------------------
"Behold the mythical esquilax-a horse with the body of a rabbit...and the head of...a rabbit ! "
-Timothy Leary

Offlinejuicemonkey
Stranger
Loc: BC
    #1280202 - 02/05/03 02:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

people constantly are like, "don't this...it's bad"....just because something isn't enjoyable for one person, doesn't mean it's like that for everyone.

Your buddy has some serious self esteem/confidence issues. That's why. Shrooms, lsd and such, are amplifiers.

I myself see horrible and disturbing things, most of the time, when I look into a mirror....but I enjoy it. lol. Takes a lot to throw me over the edge in that regard

--------------------
I saw my mind do warp 10, hit the brakes, put it in reverse and back all over me

OfflineLoop_Theorist
addict
    #1280237 - 02/05/03 02:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I rather enjoy the mirror whilst tripping. I too have some self-seteem issues, mostly in regards to the way I look. I have a fair amount of facial scarring from bad acne and stupid accidents that make me very self concious, I feel like they really stand out when I'm straight, so I tend not to go out much and when I do, I usually find a nice quiet corner of the bar and have a few beers with a good book.

But when I'm tripping and I look in the mirror, my scars dont look like forigen objects embedded into my flesh, the look like part of me (which they are of course) and I feel as though I can see my face a a whole, compleat thing and I actully *like* the way I look, I feel as though I *might* be handsome..

Anyway, thats just me. Everyone trips different.

-Loop

--------------------
Pack-tight, midnight, ship it to tha coast.
Some take tha plane, you, you on tha boat,
right beside tha money which right beside tha coke
Passin by tha coastgaurd, right under their nose.

To the US-HEY where anyone can getny, MIA all the way to New Your city, you a twenty now....

Offlineaguynameddan
100%Satisfaction
Loc: the middle bristle of you...
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Loop_Theorist]
    #1280424 - 02/05/03 04:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I usually see bad things when I look in the mirror while tripping but im so caught up in the fact that im actaully seeing something else that I really dont care.

I guess maybe my self esteem has something to do with it... dunno I just like looking at my face morph.

One time i looked at my face in the mirror and I watched my hair receed the whole way and my face turned bumpy and white and black... INSANE!

--------------------
Take it easy, and if you can take it easy , take it twice.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1280634 - 02/05/03 05:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Don't avoid the mirror.

That's the most obvious metaphor for "self-denial" that I've ever seen.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #1280722 - 02/05/03 05:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I've only tripped once but I found looking in the mirror to be fascinating. I felt almost noble and my face became very elf-like and I felt totally at peace with myself.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#1280833 - 02/05/03 06:37 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It's usually a little weird for me. I'll watch my face bending and twisting around, and after a bit I'll have had quite enough. Never really freaked me out though.

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#1280834 - 02/05/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

It's usually a little weird for me. I'll watch my face bending and twisting around, and after a bit I'll have had quite enough. Never really freaked me out though.

Sometimes its a good time to think, look at myself, and be like "wow you are trippin balls kid!".

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#1280835 - 02/05/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Sometimes its a good time to think, look at myself, and be like "wow you are trippin balls kid!".

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#1280836 - 02/05/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#1280837 - 02/05/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineAmber_Glow
Sat Chit Anand

#1280839 - 02/05/03 06:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

OfflineBruiser
Fuel Injected Suicide Machine

Loc: Hell
    #1280847 - 02/05/03 06:39 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I absolutely love looking into the mirror while tripping! :grin: I could sit there the whole time and just stare into it. As it was mentioned above, what's good for some, may not be good for others. It's all a state of mind. Coincidently, my bathroom is my favorite room to trip in. I can't seem to pull myself away from the mirrors or the design on the floor.  :smile:
-Bruiser 

Edit: Nice posts Amber G. I think that's a new record. :wink: You may want to delete a couple of those.

--------------------
-I put the chrome to your dome

Edited by Bruiser (02/05/03 06:40 AM)

Offlineevilacid
PotHead

Loc: Amsterdam,Netherlands
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Bruiser]
    #1281061 - 02/05/03 08:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

dude the mirror is so cool i just look at it and say dam u good looking and go back out to watch FANTASIA BUT to tom petty and the beetles
3 cds u gotta know when to change it at the part and everything goes in order iv seen it once gonna see it again all i rember about the movie is the hippos going back forth and tomy petty going hello hello u say goodbye i say hello it was great

Offlineroygbiv
zipperist

Loc: space is the place...
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #1281232 - 02/05/03 08:53 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

...gawddam... a pentapost.... so rare to actually capture one in the wild...

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

#1282211 - 02/05/03 01:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

When I look at myself in the mirror tripping, I always seem more "alive" than I usually do. Kind of glowing and full of spirit, like a wild animal that just got set loose from the zoo back into the wild. Ah, I love that stuff!!

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #1282911 - 02/05/03 05:37 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Looking into the mirror the first few times while tripping can be scary. I know it was for me - seeing all my pores, every tiny blemish, disgusting looking pimples that don't even exist. But over time I got adjusted to being able to stare at myself in the mirror. Nowadays, I can't go past a mirror while tripping without peering into it, seeing my dinner plate sized pupils, grinning like a goddamned fool and pulling a face at myself. Try staring at your face and go into a trance and watch your face morph into a series of different forms, maybe even entities. Perhaps you could go beyond that and into a realm of consiciousness you've never experienced?! Perhaps.
Anyways, there's nothing to be frightened of, really. Embrace what you see, don't fight it. If your face looks like it's melting off, relax and remember that your face really is solid. Play around with your mind a little! Going a little crazy doesn't hurt.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Amber_Glow]
    #1283055 - 02/05/03 06:47 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Its usually a little WHAT for you? I didn't catch that :wink:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleLyena
Leopard Day Thief
 User Gallery

Loc: Los Angeles
    #1283087 - 02/05/03 07:12 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I don't get that whole "dont look at mirrors while tripping" BS. I almost always end up seeing a mirror when tripping, and i don't find it scary, seeing my reflection is kind of a crazy and cool idea but I always tend to think I look ugly when I'm tripping.

--------------------
"live fast, die fast"

-- gg allin

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag