Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBavet
Sensitive StonedRebel

Re: Dose God exist? Take a look around. [Re: ]
    #1277935 - 02/04/03 11:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Enter  you are correct, I failed to clarify that  Thanks.

I do belive the books were written under the annointing of the Holy Spirt. So they were written according to what God had that person write.

The Bible isn't suppose to be added to or things left out. It is changed into other languages and other formats that are easier for some ppl to understand. Their are also many corrupted versions out there. I'll stick to my King James.

I do belive in some forms of evolution. Chickens will not ever turn into  rabbits. But chickens will spread out into different variations of chickens. Just like pot. There are many varieties, Apples the same thing. Many types.

The world had alot more animals then it dose now. Most have died off. If evloution were so true, animals and new animals would have been created and adapted to their environments to protect them selves for dieing off. 

I know I'm going to hear  "It takes millions of years to change"  Well I belive the Earth is only around 10,000 years old. So something that takes millions of years isn't happening on  earth  :tongue:

--------------------
"~Dream as if you'll live forever....live as if you'll die today~ James Dean"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Dose God exist? Take a look around. [Re: Bavet]
    #1278037 - 02/04/03 11:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

You should become a politician. You're great at dodging questions.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
Re: Dose God exist? Take a look around. [Re: silversoul7]
    #1278141 - 02/04/03 12:14 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Scientists have actually observed evolution taking place in bacteria. Seeing is believing.

..I disagree, I think Knowing is believing.
This doesnt mean I dont observe evolution, I just disagree that seeing ( with your eyes ) is enough.

OfflineBavet
Sensitive StonedRebel

Re: Dose God exist? Take a look around. [Re: shaggy101]
    #1278174 - 02/04/03 12:25 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I  can't see air  so it dose not exist :smile:

--------------------

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1278214 - 02/04/03 12:33 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

but I know I breathe

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
    #1278249 - 02/04/03 12:43 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

>I belive the Earth is only around 10,000 years old

No point in debating with this fool anymore.

InvisibleXibalba
Stranger
Re: Dose God exist? Take a look around. [Re: Xibalba]
    #1278313 - 02/04/03 12:58 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

While I still think arguing with Bavet will accomplish nothing, I would like to give him a link-

http://www.talkorigins.org/

Go now, read everything on this website, and don't come back until you can intelligently address all the issues it brings up and have some new evidence for your beliefs not covered in the FAQ. These are NOT new arguments and the creationism thing has already been done to death here and elsewhere...

InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
    #1278803 - 02/04/03 02:59 PM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I can't see air so it dose not exist

Hey, that is very deep! Guess you can't feel a breeze either...

I looked around. Where is God? I even checked down behind the sofa cushions.

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
    #1280004 - 02/05/03 12:14 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

The Bible isn't suppose to be added to or things left out. It is changed into other languages and other formats that are easier for some ppl to understand. Their are also many corrupted versions out there. I'll stick to my King James.

You are either a great deadpan comic or...... You do realise that the King James bible is highly edited dont you??, oh and BTW its "Does" not "Dose"

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
    #1280172 - 02/05/03 02:25 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"Nothing dug up out of the ground (or discovered anywhere else) has ever supported the theory of evolution."

That's the most ignorant thing I've ever seen posted here.

1. We've found many fossils that follow a pattern of change from one species to another. We've found many skeletons that seem to be somewhere between humans, and a common ancestor of man and apes.

2. Microevolution is not a theory, it's a documented fact. That's small scale evolution, it's very easy to observe single celled organisms evolving, and the evolution of fish and fruitflies and other things has been studied and documented in laboratories.

The nature of science is that it is all theory. If something cannot be proven absolutely, then it is a theory. Nobody was there to watch evolution happen, so it's a theory. It's a very good theory though, there is a lot of evidence to back it up.

Creation, on the other hand, has no evidence whatsoever to back it up.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1280186 - 02/05/03 02:31 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"The world had alot more animals then it dose now. Most have died off. If evloution were so true, animals and new animals would have been created and adapted to their environments to protect them selves for dieing off."

Actually, there are lots of new animals now that didn't used to exist. Lots of them have adapted to different environments as well.

Evolution is not something that happens immediately. Animals don't instantly develop new abilities in response to their environments. They change at random. Most changes are detrimental. When it's cold, the animals that are furrier survive, and their furriest children survive, and so on. They don't develop fur because it's cold, they survive the cold and live on to procreate because they have fur.

Rapid changes to the environment will kill off species more quickly, because evolution is a VERY slow process.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1280191 - 02/05/03 02:32 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"People should respect other peoples beliefs and their choice to follow another faith. Christians need to plant the seed and bring people to the True God by trying to live their life as The Word of God instructs."

Okay, so you need to respect the beliefs of others, and try to convert them to christianity at the same time?

--------------------

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1280197 - 02/05/03 02:35 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

"I know I'm going to hear "It takes millions of years to change" Well I belive the Earth is only around 10,000 years old. So something that takes millions of years isn't happening on earth "

What evidence do you have that the earth is 10,000 years old?

--------------------

Anonymous

#1280208 - 02/05/03 02:41 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I'll say this again.

You don't have proof (which you claimed you had).

Evolution is fact AND theory. You cant argue on this, it IS fact, and there IS a scientific THEORY of evolution. There is no scientific theory of creationism. As if I needed to tell anyone here that, haha..

And.. you dont have the slightest grasp of evolution. Like many Christians, I'm sure you won't bother to learn it, as the ignorance allows for your seemingly logical arguments (to someone else ignorant of what evulotion IS) to be sensible. They are not.

Your King James version of the bible is a ridiculous joke, you contradict yourself by saying nothing should be added or taken from the bible.. when Kind James interpretted the bible for HIS needs, beliefs, etc. And thus changed the original text.

I know these are hard concepts for a dogmatic mind. Try to understand them and eventually you will.

Good luck, friend.

Edited by immaculate (02/05/03 02:44 AM)

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Dose God exist? Take a look around. [Re: ]
    #1280520 - 02/05/03 04:45 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

The same force altering those chickens into different subspecies will one day turn them into another species. If you acknowledge that they change at all then you acknowledge that they can change into another species. You don't seem to be aware that you actually agree with the theory of evolution. You believe it happens but you don't think that it has happened significantly yet because, of course, the world is only 10 000 years old.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: Dose God exist? Take a look around. [Re: Dogomush]
    #1280610 - 02/05/03 05:17 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Last summer I was walking down the street when I passed one of the local churches. They were having a barbecue, and were giving away free hot dogs and pop. My girlfriend and I thought we'd stop and grab some food from these friendly christians before continuing our walk downtown. One of the people from the church immediately started a conversation/inquisition with my girlfriend asking all kinds of probing questions about her life: Where she lives, how long she's lived in the area for, whether she goes to school, what she does for a job etc etc. It was fairly intrusive. The man's conversational skills screamed "socially inept." As she talked I avoided conversation and looked around at the people gathered and noted how many of them had the googly eyes of the mentally retarded. It was odd. I realized there was a kind of respect I'd never had for a christian my whole life. I've never felt like Christians know why they're Christian. You'd think the messengers of the truth would at least be interesting people to talk to...

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1280620 - 02/05/03 05:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

DOSE GOD?

Sounds like a cool experiment.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineAzmodeus
Seeker

Loc: Lotus Land!! B.C.
Re: Dose God exist? Take a look around. [Re: Dogomush]
    #1280621 - 02/05/03 05:19 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

I think it religion that makes them look like that... :smirk:

--------------------
"Know your Body - Know your Mind - Know your Substance - Know your Source.

Lest we forget. "

OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: Dose God exist? Take a look around. [Re: Azmodeus]
    #1281586 - 02/05/03 10:33 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Poor old Bavet, struggling with the same kind of fanaticism that once led his fellow christians to kill and imprison those who believed that the earth was actually round!

Wakey wakey!

You seem very quiet now....

PEACE

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineBavet
Sensitive StonedRebel

Re: Dose God exist? Take a look around. [Re: GazzBut]
    #1281624 - 02/05/03 10:44 AM (21 years, 2 months ago)

Some ppl just don't get it and never will..

A personal relationship with God isn't a religion or a grouping of stupid made up ideas. Just because you don't know God dosn't mean He dosn't exist.

You can't see air but you can see what it dose. You can't see God but you can see what He dose. Maybe some can't cause they can't open their eyes and are too blinded by the forces which wish to keep you from Truths.

Oh well best wishes to you anyway.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order