Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineBlack_Sunset
Amateur Anesthesiologist
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere California
Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview)
    #12799882 - 06/24/10 10:14 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

http://www.businessinsider.com/now-bp-is-burning-sea-turtles-alive-2010-6

Is BP burning sea turtles alive?

Updated: Tuesday, 22 Jun 2010, 4:39 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 22 Jun 2010, 4:39 PM EDT

MyFoxTampaBay.com staff report

VENICE, La. - A boat captain working to rescue sea turtles in the Gulf of Mexico says he has seen BP ships burning sea turtles and other wildlife alive.

Captain Mike Ellis said in an interview posted on You Tube that the boats are conducting controlled burns to get rid of the oil.

"They drag a boom between two shrimp boats and whatever gets caught between the two boats, they circle it up and catch it on fire. Once the turtles are in there, they can’t get out," Ellis said.

Ellis said he had to cut short his three-week trip rescuing the turtles because BP quit allowing him access to rescue turtles before the burns.

"They're pretty much keeping us from doing what we need to do out there," Ellis said.

Other reports corroborate Captain Ellis' claims. A report in the Los Angeles Times describes "burn fields" of 500 square miles in which 16 controlled burns will take place in one day.

"When the weather is calm and the sea is placid, ships trailing fireproof booms corral the black oil, the coated seaweed and whatever may be caught in it, and torch it into hundred-foot flames, sending plumes of smoke skyward in ebony mushrooms," the article says.

Ellis said most of the turtles he has seen are Kemps Ridley turtles, a critically endangered species. Harming or killing one would bring stiff civil and criminal penalties and fines of up to $50,000 against BP.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Loc: top of the tower
Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: Black_Sunset]
    #12800887 - 06/25/10 02:26 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

who gives a fuck about the oil spill?

so what is tiger woods up to now days? how bout john and kate plus 8? i want some important news...

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Offlineluckysky
hi

Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: Doctor_Dick]
    #12800898 - 06/25/10 02:31 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I hope bp goes under...

--------------------
"Party Party Join us Join us...."

Above what possibly could exist = _______

InvisiblePsychoReactive
Male User Gallery

Loc: Cocalero
Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: luckysky]
    #12801015 - 06/25/10 03:26 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

The fuckers will burn in hell

Offlinem0ntenegr0
Stranger

#12801361 - 06/25/10 07:35 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Doctor_Dick said:

so what is tiger woods up to now days? how bout john and kate plus 8? i want some important news...

Look children, but watch out cause it bites.
It's People like this, that only contribute tremendous ignorance to the gene people that give all Americans bad stereotypes ...

Offlinemadsick
whoremonger
 User Gallery

Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: m0ntenegr0]
    #12801399 - 06/25/10 07:52 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

hey d, i went to the beach last night it was fucking disgusting out there.. it should be down your way in a month or 2, ull see what i mean:( our whole area is pretty much shut down because of it.

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: m0ntenegr0]
    #12801626 - 06/25/10 09:40 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

m0ntenegr0 said:
Quote:

Doctor_Dick said:

Look children, but watch out cause it bites.
It's People like this, that only contribute tremendous ignorance to the gene people that give all Americans bad stereotypes ...

are you kidding?? you mean american idol isn't more important than an oil spill killing millions of innocent sea animals? get real dude

--------------------
:minifo:] "This promise constitutes the heart of my Christian beliefs and my call to natural-scientific research: we will attain to knowledge of the universe through the spirit of truth, and thereby to understanding of our being one with the deepest, most comprehensive reality, God."
-Albert Hofmann

Offlinei like cow poo
Nature Lover
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mother Nature's Vagina
    #12801680 - 06/25/10 09:53 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ugh, your shitty sarcasm, isn't making anyone laugh :rolleyes:

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: i like cow poo]
    #12801730 - 06/25/10 10:05 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

i didn't expect it to

i have a huge distaste for what technology and governments has created already...i'm so sick of how fucked up and selfish the human race is. if complaining about on a message board would help the situation i'd complain all day long...i'm so sick of american and all the bullshit it brought to the world table. wish i could go back in time and shoot christopher columbus in the face but unfortunately it's not an option

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

OfflineKing Koopa
Mr. Hit Dat Hoe
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Houston
Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: i like cow poo]
    #12801811 - 06/25/10 10:30 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

i like cow poo said:
ugh, your shitty sarcasm, isn't making anyone laugh :rolleyes:

Really though.

--------------------
Best Post on the Shroomery
Don't criticize my mess unless you'd like to become part of it.

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

#12801823 - 06/25/10 10:34 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

also this shit reminds me alot of 9/11 the way people are all up in arms.. i remember when 9/11 just happened, no one dare make a joke about it or you were the biggest asshole ever born

now there is shit like this http://www.ooze.com/articles/9-11-jokes.html

america and most of its inhabitants are bound for hell as i see it :shrug: come to a new country, kill all the natives, enslave thousands of africans, pollute the entire world, turn all our women into whores etc etc

america and most of its inhabitants are damned to hell from what i see

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

Invisiblegolden1
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: north korea
    #12802143 - 06/25/10 11:34 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Doctor_Dick said:
i didn't expect it to

i have a huge distaste for what technology and governments has created already...i'm so sick of how fucked up and selfish the human race is. if complaining about on a message board would help the situation i'd complain all day long...i'm so sick of american and all the bullshit it brought to the world table. wish i could go back in time and shoot christopher columbus in the face but unfortunately it's not an option

what did you expect? huge on going oil spill... you don't think people should be talking about it?
I've seen people complain hourly on the internet about much much much less serious things than the oil spill.
like complaining about people complaining about things. :ifyoucanawe:

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: golden1]
    #12802154 - 06/25/10 11:37 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

no complaints here! complain all you want man! I'm just saying what good does it do actually? i'm just as pissed off about the situation as anyone else, just sayin. i guess if it helps u vent ur anger complain away.

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

OfflineMycjunky
Stranger

#12802180 - 06/25/10 11:44 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Though I agree the U.S. is fucked up you can't really blame people living now for events that happened hundreds of years ago, and would the Africans really have been better off staying in Africa anyways lol. You also really can't blame everyone in America for these events not everyone owned slaves, not everyone at that time killed native americans and all that, I think your being kind of narrow minded about it. Can't argue with the celebrity news bullshit though really makes me lose hope with society that people like the kardashians can make a money because people actually want to watch there lives.

Offlinenoticeofeviction
Roller

Loc: 818
    #12802232 - 06/25/10 11:53 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Doctor_Dick said:

:lol: word

Seriously though this shit is fucked up :nonono:

InvisibleDoctor_Dick
Forgiveness
Male User Gallery

Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: Mycjunky]
    #12802234 - 06/25/10 11:54 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mycjunky said:
would the Africans been better off staying in Africa anyways lol.

most people would think that they're better off here in the big cities and all that rolling around in big hunks of metal and burning up the sky, but i think African's preferred their simple life in africa than the confusing and spiritually destructive lifestyle that the western world created.

Quote:

noticeofeviction said:
Quote:

Doctor_Dick said:

:lol: word

Seriously though this shit is fucked up :nonono:

i couldnt agree with you more...some one has gotta pay for this shit more than just a few people losing jobs.

i have nothing but respect for most shroomery members, and i can sympathize with people here cus we all are more or less repressed because we choose a lifestyle that big brother doesn't want us to have, but i really hate seeing all these fat shit american's who eat an entire cow a week and drive a hummer complain about this oil spill. so many hypocrites in america it makes me sick!

okay now i'm starting to complain :tongue2:

--------------------
-Albert Hofmann

Edited by Doctor_Dick (06/25/10 12:06 PM)

OfflineROGER5676
truckload
Male User Gallery

Loc: niagara falls, ny
    #12802369 - 06/25/10 12:23 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Doctor_Dick said:
also this shit reminds me alot of 9/11 the way people are all up in arms.. i remember when 9/11 just happened, no one dare make a joke about it or you were the biggest asshole ever born

now there is shit like this http://www.ooze.com/articles/9-11-jokes.html

america and most of its inhabitants are bound for hell as i see it :shrug: come to a new country, kill all the natives, enslave thousands of africans, pollute the entire world, turn all our women into whores etc etc

america and most of its inhabitants are damned to hell from what i see

and its one hell of a ride    WWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offlinekush420
Psychedelic Wonderland
Male User Gallery

Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: PsychoReactive]
    #12802389 - 06/25/10 12:28 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

psycho4ctive said:
The fuckers will burn in hell

--------------------
redoing signature.. for now heres some carots ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offlinesyke
Syke-0-Delic
Male

Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: Mycjunky]
    #12802400 - 06/25/10 12:31 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Mycjunky said:
and would the Africans really have been better off staying in Africa anyways lol.

Not that I'm saying slavery wasnt bad, but, even the africans that didnt get abducted or sold into slavery just became victims of european and spanish colonization, which is the reason that whole continent is FUCKED to this day.

back to on topic:
BP sucks, fuck'em

--------------------
Drinking every now and then helps me to not drink anymore.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: syke]
    #12802869 - 06/25/10 01:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

African tribes that conquered other tribes sold them into slavery, world history is fucked up yes.

Offlinemadsick
whoremonger
 User Gallery

Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: Konyap]
    #12803288 - 06/25/10 03:10 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

the only people that don't think this is a total fucking tragety dont live on the gulf coast. sorry to say but bringing all the africans did alot for the country and the african population. how many people in kenya can read and write and pull in $10000000 a year? i think their due, BP will never be able to make this sup. im getting my pay check cut because of this, wait a few months and im sure yours will be too. We in this situation have fingers(and guns) to point in this situation. this may have actually been what the whole 2012 thing was about if u really think about it....

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: madsick]
    #12803338 - 06/25/10 03:17 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Turtle soap anyone...

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Offlinefall
Stranger

Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: Brainiac]
    #12803415 - 06/25/10 03:35 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

My guess is the logic goes something like this: there is a huge fucking oil spill to clean up, and there is shit flying from everywhere at everyone involved.  They have to prioritize.  Do they stop trying to manage the spill, and allow a most likely very time intensive search of each controlled burn area for... turtles?  I mean, it sucks that they're endangered, but if we stop and wait for every turtle, a whole lot more shit will die as the oil continues to spread everywhere.  Yes?

I haven't really been following the whole thing, I don't get the impression much unbiased information is available anymore.  But... this seems like a retarded "attention grabbing" article to me, that doesn't actually balance the reality of what they're suggesting BP should actually do.

Offlineathedrivein61
Stranger
Female

Re: Is BP Burning Sea Turtles Alive? (Video Interview) [Re: Black_Sunset]
    #12803534 - 06/25/10 03:59 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Black_Sunset said:
http://www.businessinsider.com/now-bp-is-burning-sea-turtles-alive-2010-6

Is BP burning sea turtles alive?

Updated: Tuesday, 22 Jun 2010, 4:39 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 22 Jun 2010, 4:39 PM EDT

MyFoxTampaBay.com staff report

VENICE, La. - A boat captain working to rescue sea turtles in the Gulf of Mexico says he has seen BP ships burning sea turtles and other wildlife alive.

Captain Mike Ellis said in an interview posted on You Tube that the boats are conducting controlled burns to get rid of the oil.

"They drag a boom between two shrimp boats and whatever gets caught between the two boats, they circle it up and catch it on fire. Once the turtles are in there, they can’t get out," Ellis said.

Ellis said he had to cut short his three-week trip rescuing the turtles because BP quit allowing him access to rescue turtles before the burns.

"They're pretty much keeping us from doing what we need to do out there," Ellis said.

Other reports corroborate Captain Ellis' claims. A report in the Los Angeles Times describes "burn fields" of 500 square miles in which 16 controlled burns will take place in one day.

"When the weather is calm and the sea is placid, ships trailing fireproof booms corral the black oil, the coated seaweed and whatever may be caught in it, and torch it into hundred-foot flames, sending plumes of smoke skyward in ebony mushrooms," the article says.

Ellis said most of the turtles he has seen are Kemps Ridley turtles, a critically endangered species. Harming or killing one would bring stiff civil and criminal penalties and fines of up to $50,000 against BP.

fucking insane.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order