Home | Community | Message Board

Everything Mushrooms
Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineBillowz
Fellow Shaman
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: mesq]
    #1384974 - 03/17/03 05:17 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

This mirror gazing stuff sounds pretty intense. I dont' know if I could ever achieve this state whilst sober.

On mushrooms I could see it happening though...for sure :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Remind Me! Notify Moderator Top
Offlinemesq
Psychonaut
 User Gallery

Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Billowz]
    #1386168 - 03/17/03 11:18 PM (18 years, 7 months ago)

It really is just about putting yourself into a semi trance like state... if you can mirror gaze you can also use crystal balls... its like just fazing out in front of the mirror and becoming un-aware that you are actually looking but at the same time maintaining a sort or conciousness aaanyway... I ramble on

Offlinecleaner
Stranger

Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: davikosack]
    #1571834 - 05/23/03 12:16 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

I was tripping with one of my best friend on Sunday.  Everything went well, we were in the living room listening to OK Computer (best tripping album for me, I didn't want any track to end), having a great time. 

After that we went to my room, talked for a bit, and I went for a long washroom break.

When I came back, I found my buddy staring at the mirror (the big ones used for closet sliding doors).  His face then got really intense, which turns to horrified, and suddenly burst out crying.  He kept on saying it's so bad, it's the end, and loads of negative things... Seriously, if I wasn't there, I think he would've done some crazy stuff.  I felt really bad, I think this trip had some unwanted change in him.. he was still really depressed 2 days after the trip.

I've got to say this... avoid mirror when tripping... most people I know don't like what they see in the mirror when tripping, myself included.

WHATS WITH THE LACK OF SELF CONTROL EH PEOPLE?

Too young? dont trip!

I remember i was hitting level 5 when i went to take a piss. I looked in the mirror, saw what an ugly cunt i am and started laughing my ass off. I love mirrors. One other time i saw myself as a tree, like the one form lord of the rings 2  :grin:

--------------------

Offlinest0nedphucker
Rogue State
Male
Loc: Wales (yes it is a countr...
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: cleaner]
    #1571841 - 05/23/03 12:26 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Same here, I have a mirror in my bathroom which for some reason is above the toilet.. whenever im tripping and I see my reflection it seems to be laughing at me, which in-turn puts me into hysterics... Mirrors are the coolest things ever when your tripping although sometimes the person looking back at you can be very frigthening indeed

--------------------
The punishment which the wise suffer, who refuse to take part in government, is to live under the government of worse men.

InvisibleKOPELANDIAA
Stranger
Loc: under a pine
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: st0nedphucker]
    #1572005 - 05/23/03 01:53 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

one time when triping i had a very interesting experience, it was a big mirror
in wich i could see myself entirely. I amazed to discover that i could see my inner
organs and bones...very educational ! :wink: i liked it !
To mesq: the technic you are using is pretty similar to mine when i use a crystal
ball ! (see my post on the spiritual philosophy forum) but i think that the crystal
divination is different in the results than the one with the mirror. Divination with a mirror is called catoptromancy and seems to be linked with summoning entities from other ...heu dimensions. It is interesting to note that in one of Casteneda's book, Don Juan shows him a technic to summon a creature using a mirror and water...seems pretty scary to me ! :crazy:

Offlineshroomizzy
Souless
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Center of the Room
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: KOPELANDIAA]
    #1572010 - 05/23/03 01:56 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

meeeers are evil!

--------------------
:::::Sincerely Yours, I disown you:::::

Offliner00tg04t
the main event

Loc: Canada
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1572282 - 05/23/03 03:47 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I had a huge post to post here about mirrors reacting with your subconscious mind and your conscious mind, but my computer froze, so I lost it.

Mirrors are what you want it to be, basically for some people, you just see an image, and you walk away. People who tend to analyze things further will use their subconscious mind to try and help analyze yourself in the mirror. Since you can't understand your subconscious mind, it tries to tell your conscious mind by any way possible, through signs, flashes of images, or whatnot. Its like your subconscious mind speaks Chinese, and you speak English. Totally different languages, but your mind gets the message across in these symbols, like a Chinese person would point his fingers at something, or draw an image for the English person to understand. Your subconscious mind, no doubt, has the true feelings you feel about yourself, which is why people with anger problems, or depression don't see that they're suffering right away, and need another person to try and explain it to you. Your sub-mind is simply that other person, and your conscious mind understands it. Mirrors, for people who analyze things, truly tell you what you think of yourself, and how you interpret yourself. The fact that people see "flashbacks of their lives" or "see into the future" is just your mind trying to complete the pieces of your character. Your subconscious mind knows everything about you, and wants to complete the "jigsaw" puzzle of yourself, so it makes up false endings to it, sometimes they're acurate, sometimes they're not.

--------------------
Bro'z b4 Hoe'z

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1572428 - 05/23/03 04:35 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I try to avoid mirrors generally. They are at fault for my first and only bad trip.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineAVShroomer
LSD enthusiast
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: r00tg04t]
    #1572446 - 05/23/03 04:43 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

Woah I tried what you where talking about i got into a huge trance and then it was like my face was poping out of the mirror and just my face and i was morphing into other faces thats some cool shit!

--------------------

'It's not a war on drugs its a war on personal freedom'
>**My Trip Journal**<

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: shroomizzy]
    #1573402 - 05/23/03 11:29 PM (18 years, 5 months ago)

I'll be damned you don't like mirrors either

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflinelnfectedMushroom
Stranger

Loc: Northeastern United State...
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Strumpling]
    #1606075 - 06/03/03 09:35 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

When most people look into the mirror I dont think they see themselves as others do. I always wanted to know how other people saw me. Last week I took a high dose and got caught up in the mirror. I finally saw myself as others do and after some analysis was quite content and confident with myself. More so than before anyway. I then plummeted into a horrible trip and thought I was going to die. But thats besides the point. To me the mirror is a way to look into yourself and if your up for it, work out the problems you have with yourself.

--------------------

Offlinevalour
Swordbearer

Loc: USA
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: lnfectedMushroom]
    #1608788 - 06/04/03 07:26 PM (18 years, 4 months ago)

Exactly!
Every time I've tripped, I've spent at least a good ten minutes mirror gazing and reflecting on life goals..
"So...what're you gonna do? What're you gonna do?"

Worked great, and now I've got a good roadmap of some things I wish to do with my life, thanks in part to this exercise.

--------------------
"Remember, son,
I didn't sell out-
I bought in."

OfflineNenni
Psylocybin'sLover
Loc: The Wild and Wonderful
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Lyena]
    #1613501 - 06/06/03 01:48 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

The truth about the mirrors is that They rock. I love staring at myself in the mirror, and if you sing / rap while doin it, then it's just that much better. BUT what beats the mirrors some people may ask. Well, I have the answer; Those damn blinking hook lights on cars. I stood and talked to a car for about an hour, just because it was blinking at me.... :laugh: ... Trips are always good for me. I'm a very happy person about life.
:laugh:

--------------------
I came , I saw , I ate Mushrooms :laugh:

OfflineNenni
Psylocybin'sLover
Loc: The Wild and Wonderful
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Nenni]
    #1613508 - 06/06/03 01:50 AM (18 years, 4 months ago)

HOOD LIGHTS ... damn spelling ... HOOD LIGHTS ARE BETTER :laugh:

--------------------
I came , I saw , I ate Mushrooms :laugh:

InvisiblePaou
Seeker

Loc: Transcendence
    #3171376 - 09/23/04 08:31 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Maybe I'm just wierd, but I love looking in the mirror when I'm tripping. Sometimes it's like I can see my astral body.

OfflineCRS1903
Stranger

#3171380 - 09/23/04 08:32 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The only thing that freakes me out is how big my pupils get when I stare into a mirror. Its just scary how big they look, it looks so unreal. Anyone else feel the same way?

Invisiblejux
I'm better thanan STD!

Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Paou]
    #3172461 - 09/23/04 11:37 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paou said:
Maybe I'm just wierd, but I love looking in the mirror when I'm tripping. Sometimes it's like I can see my astral body.

hell yeah, the human body is a beautiful object to be viewed on the mush

--------------------

Offlineesjay
Fully scunted.

Loc: Australia
    #3172791 - 09/24/04 12:35 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

The first few times I tripped I went out of my way to avoid mirrors because I had read plenty of comments saying "dont look in the mirror while tripping!" Then I decided it couldnt really hurt and I did get stuck looking at myself for quite a long time, but it wasnt a negative thing... in fact the only way it was negative was that it was pretty vain - I thought I looked really cool.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: Paou]
    #3174477 - 09/24/04 12:35 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Paou said:

I know what you mean. I've looked at my face on shrooms and seen my third eye before.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineSirRobin
Stranger
Loc: Mid TN
Re: Avoid mirrors [Re: silversoul7]
    #3175941 - 09/24/04 06:35 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I also dont enjoy lookin at mirrors, because althought i am a teen and teens have acne, i dont have it badm just a little, but when u examine ur face on shrooms in the mirror, every tiny imperfection just waves at u, not very nice to see = /. never ruine3d a trip for me tho

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale