Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinepashroomer_27
pashroomer
Male
is this total loss of reality?
    #1279526 - 02/04/03 08:00 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

About a month ago I consumed a gram of abort powder. The trip started out real fun, had uncontrollable bursts of laughter. Later on things got real weird. I cannot explain exactly how I felt but it was like I didn't know who I was, still knew my name but didn't know myself. It felt as though I was looking at the earth from outerspace. This is the best I could explain it and it really frightened me.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: pashroomer_27]
    #1279545 - 02/04/03 08:09 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Your getting very close, but as long as you hold on to your ego then it isn't a total loss of reality. You're just getting to the point where you start seeing how it all is, and maybe someday you'll go all the way.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflineStonersdream
Stranger
    #1282704 - 02/05/03 06:23 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

What is abort powder . Just wondering?

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: Stonersdream]
    #1282848 - 02/05/03 07:14 PM (13 years, 10 months ago)

Aborts grinded into powder.

Offlinedeathcapcubensis
hunter
 User Gallery

Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: Sheepish]
    #4378761 - 07/07/05 05:37 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

if you dumpster dive at the abortion clinic there is plenty of abort powder on the bottoms of the dumpsters, on a good day. Or you can just grind up some mushrooms that stopped growing and get the same effect :wink:

Offlinebutterflydawn
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: deathcapcubensis]
    #4378929 - 07/07/05 07:49 AM (11 years, 5 months ago)

this is not total loss of reality,
but seems like you escaped half of your ego,not completely.

--------------------
lucidal expansion

Offlineyungmind1
Stranger
Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: butterflydawn]
    #4538191 - 08/15/05 03:47 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

You should go all the way,you will be scared but it will be ok infact it will be better than ok.My first trip ever was about 20 grams fresh and that's when i killed my ego.

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: yungmind1]
    #4538837 - 08/15/05 06:34 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

What happened to you happens to a lot of people in their beginning trips. If this is one of your first ten trips, you are just starting to begin the ego loss cycle.

For a lot of people, trips pick up right where previous ones left off in terms of ego/spiritual understanding.

--------------------
:mallow:

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4539197 - 08/15/05 07:53 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

LazyCrash said:
What happened to you happens to a lot of people in their beginning trips. If this is one of your first ten trips, you are just starting to begin the ego loss cycle.

For a lot of people, trips pick up right where previous ones left off in terms of ego/spiritual understanding.

You know, I've never really heard anyone describe it like this directly. I don't want to high jack this thread, but I think that it pertains to it. If anyone does think so, I'll gladly start a new one.

What does anyone else think about this statement? I mean I guess I kinda thought that this was the way it is, but have just never heard anyone directly state it.

Most of my trips are highly self-analytical(except if it's a gram or so), and pretty damn anxiety riddled. I know that self-analysis is a huge part of what mushrooms do, but staying stuck in a negative thought loop for 2-3 hours isn't very pleasant. Even when I just do a gram, there's a point where I get really scared just thinking about where it might lead, even though I know it's just a low dose and won't be rough.

I don't want to stop because I really believe that they could hold something for me and I'm not scared of staying with it, but there are times that I feel that EVERY trip that I ever have will be like this and it's pretty deterring.

Just knowing that it's part of the process would help me stick with it even if it takes a long time. I would just tell myself that I'm not there YET, but will be someday.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineLazyCrash
I like gas.
Male User Gallery

Loc: T-Town
Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: VirgilKane]
    #4539900 - 08/15/05 10:36 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Well I do believe what I said..

Time loops fit in with it as well. I haven't had a negative time-loop experience (tho most all are negative) for a LONG time...I think it is something you get over with experience and knowledge in what exactly is happening to you.

--------------------
:mallow:

InvisibleVirgilKane
Miner for truth and delusion
 User Gallery

Loc: lowdown
Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: LazyCrash]
    #4539977 - 08/15/05 10:51 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks LazyCrash,

I'm much clearer on it now that you've used the term experience also...that helps out a lot. Even though I was getting to know the series of effects that occur, it would just make me think "Oh shit, here it comes", instead of "This is just part of it". Thinking the former would fuck with my confidence and well, you know where THAT leads you.

Thanks for the post.

Plus, I just finished reading Wiccan Seeker's post on low dosing and got a TON of useful info on the different levels.

--------------------
Absense of evidence is not evidence of absense...

"Religion is a defense against a religious experience"
              Carl G. Jung

"So really, ordinary reality is a kind of chemical habit, sanctioned by culture, which says it's okay to use certain drugs, eat certain foods, and have certain sexual behaviors. However, when you transcend all this pre-conditioning by returning to the original wisdom of the animal body, then you discover this immense dimension of opportunity. For some people, it is a frightening risk. To me, that's the psychedelic experience."
Terence McKenna

OfflineNightProwler
Male

#4540173 - 08/15/05 11:26 PM (11 years, 3 months ago)

what do you guys mean when you say "ego loss"?

OfflineCptnGarden
fuck this site
Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: NightProwler]
    #4540442 - 08/16/05 01:01 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

this post was ages old till dcc brought it back to life.

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

#4541392 - 08/16/05 07:34 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

edit: didn't realise this was years old.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinealsey
meet me in thedreamtimewater...

Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: NightProwler]
    #4541394 - 08/16/05 07:35 AM (11 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

NightProwler said:
what do you guys mean when you say "ego loss"?

exactly what it says. loss of ego, i.e. loss of the perception of self.

--------------------
"Gently return to the simple physical sensation of the breath. Then do it again, and again, and again. Somewhere in this process, you will come face-to-face with the sudden and shocking realization that you are completely crazy. Your mind is a shrieking, gibbering madhouse on wheels." - ven. henepola gunaratana

Offlinedubbyah
Stranger
Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: alsey]
    #5111097 - 12/27/05 01:57 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

You were on the verge of ego loss, but you struggled to retain your human identity and your ego, without letting go, therefore you didn't experiance ego loss. Next time you get these feelings, close your eyes in a dark room and shut off your thoughts completely.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5111175 - 12/27/05 02:22 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

annon said:
About a month ago I consumed a gram of abort powder.  The trip started out real fun, had uncontrollable bursts of laughter.  Later on things got real weird.  I cannot explain exactly how I felt but it was like I didn't know who I was, still knew my name but didn't know myself.  It felt as though I was looking at the earth from outerspace.  This is the best I could explain it and it really frightened me. 

You in front of a mirror ....

Who of them are you? The one or the other?

What connects them is the animation.. the animations are the same..

Thus, you are not either of the bodies (identifying [only] with body = ego)?
Nor are you none of them?

You are and are not, the being!

Man I ramble..

In other words..  you as a soul-self, got to experience your ego-self, in spirit..

:laugh: :thumbup:

--------------------

--------------------
Disclaimer!?

Edited by Gomp (12/27/05 02:25 PM)

Offlinesafe
Stranger
    #5111331 - 12/27/05 03:05 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

schapper said:
Quote:

LazyCrash said:

agreed, in my case, though what happens when you reach egoloss, where do you start of from next time?
i know my next trip is going to take me to ego loss, every trip has gotten closer since my second trip, iv only tripped 5 times, but my last one was extrmely close to ego loss, though i didnt know what ego loss was so i was shit scared of it and pretended i knew nothing about what i knew was happening in order to cling onto reality

OfflineRazman
Stranger

Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: safe]
    #5111621 - 12/27/05 04:48 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

if i were to make an absolute clone of you
atom for atom
would you dually exist in this universe?
Would your other "consciousness" be truely "conscious"
Would you be confused in any way about your identity of "self"?

Suppose it were true that your consciousness/self was "unique" in a spiritual sense and could not dually exist..

What if i were to make an absolute clone of you and ALTER it. How much would i have to change the clone to birth a "unique" consciousness? A strand of hair? An altered memory of childhood? A personality trait?

IMO no possible alteration would truely "matter" in that clone's conscious reality (because he is experiencing the alteration itself). This makes me believe that if i were to alter your clone to look/act just like me, the clone would have three identities:

1) You. It was your exact clone at one time after all.

2) Me. It was altered to resemble me, atom for atom. Yet it's still you in the sense of maintaining a constant "self-awareness" since the original version (your clone).

3) Him. (If you want to label this new creation as a unique identity in the sense of a seperate awareness from you and me)

To conclude, "You", "me", and "him" are all terms made by humans to feel "unique" yet the *FUNDAMENTAL* consciousness that underlies your brain and my brain is exactly the same.

With this new way of thinking, a conscioussness to me is just an "experience". My experience is different than yours, but we are really the same.

So to answer the question..
if you can move your perception our of your own head as if to look at yourself from "outerspace", with or without drugs, losing your sense of personal identity, then you my friend are not losing reality. You are realizing it.

Edited by Razman (12/27/05 04:55 PM)

OfflineLuciferSam
no turn leftunstoned
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sconny Botland
Re: is this total loss of reality? [Re: Razman]
    #5111678 - 12/27/05 05:17 PM (10 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Razman said:
if i were to make an absolute clone of you
atom for atom
would you dually exist in this universe? 
Would your other "consciousness" be truely "conscious"
Would you be confused in any way about your identity of "self"?

Suppose it were true that your consciousness/self was "unique" in a spiritual sense and could not dually exist..

What if i were to make an absolute clone of you and ALTER it.  How much would i have to change the clone to birth a "unique" consciousness?  A strand of hair?  An altered memory of childhood?  A personality trait? 

IMO no possible alteration would truely "matter" in that clone's conscious reality (because he is experiencing the alteration itself).  This makes me believe that if i were to alter your clone to look/act just like me, the clone would have three identities:

1) You.  It was your exact clone at one time after all.

2) Me.  It was altered to resemble me, atom for atom.  Yet it's still you in the sense of maintaining a constant "self-awareness" since the original version (your clone).

3) Him.  (If you want to label this new creation as a unique identity in the sense of a seperate awareness from you and me)

To conclude, "You", "me", and "him" are all terms made by humans to feel "unique" yet the *FUNDAMENTAL* consciousness that underlies your brain and my brain is exactly the same.

With this new way of thinking, a conscioussness to me is just an "experience".  My experience is different than yours, but we are really the same. 

So to answer the question..
if you can move your perception our of your own head as if to look at yourself from "outerspace", with or without drugs, losing your sense of personal identity, then you my friend are not losing reality.  You are realizing it.

Good post man, very good.  :thumbup:

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience