Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: In 2012 lets throw away time! [Re: EvilGir]
    #1280264 - 02/05/03 03:06 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Planet X is a crock.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson
http://phluck.is-after.us

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: In 2012 lets throw away time! [Re: Phluck]
    #1280269 - 02/05/03 03:09 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Prove it :wink:

--------------------

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#1280320 - 02/05/03 03:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

There is no good reason to believe anything significant will change in 2012.

Since both scienctific knowledge and ecological problems grow exponentially, something significant is bound to happen. Any system with exponential growth will either break down or break out. Towards the end of his life, Terence favoured the idea that scientific knowledge would reach critical mass first, leading to the ultimate novelty, a time machine, invented in the first decade of the 21th century. This would, curiously enough, actually abolish time, since time would be just another dimension to be spatially navigated in, and all of humanity's remaining history would happen at once, in one single moment, after the first human plugged in, 21. December 2012. Time...who needs it, anyway?

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
Re: In 2012 lets throw away time! [Re: Nomad]
    #1280382 - 02/05/03 03:55 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Well the destruction of human life on the earth WILL happen within 60 years(our life time). So if nothing happens in 2012 better head of to the hills.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflineDogomush
Barbless Aryan

Loc: The Canadian west coast
Re: In 2012 lets throw away time! [Re: Shroomism]
    #1280442 - 02/05/03 04:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Shroomism, that's a solid argument for the existence of planet X... NOT! Just cause someone comes up with a whacked idea doesn't mean I have to waste time coming up with proof that they're wrong. That's like me demanding that you show me proof that bunny rabbits don't carry on long conversations when nobody is listening and nobody is looking or using any kind of device to monitor them in any way. Can you prove that my theory about bunnyspeak is wrong? Didn't think so. Should you waste time proving me wrong? Nope.

So why is Terrance Mckenna this forum's God? Do you guys have little parties where you drink his dirty bath water? I've read all his books, and I enjoyed them considerably, but christ they aren't holy scripture. Er, not that I really buy holy scripts either though. I'm afraid nothing's going to happen in 2012 people.. nothing like some of you seem to think. Time machines? Hahahaha! dude I already AM a time machine. Watch me send a message to myself in the future:

Read this note in 5 minutes.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension
Re: In 2012 lets throw away time! [Re: Dogomush]
    #1280465 - 02/05/03 04:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Saying nothing is going to happen in 2012 is the same as saying something amazing is going to happen.

--------------------

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

Re: In 2012 lets throw away time! [Re: Dogomush]
    #1280478 - 02/05/03 04:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

So why is Terrance Mckenna this forum's God?

Because he dedicated his life to...

"...help stop the spread of dangerous misinformation related to magic mushrooms, so that people can make intelligent, informed decisions about what they put in their bodies."

And that's what this place is all about. Funny you didn't notice.

OfflineEvilGir
Im the on coming storm

Loc: Planet Irk
    #1280559 - 02/05/03 04:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

2012 is that far aware in a technological future that anything could happen.
The world could already be destroyed, by war. There could be a new type of technology that changes the world in a totaly bizar way. Something is and will happen in 2012, I will be here on the shroomery then and be waiting to laugh at all you fools, or be laughed at.

--------------------
Fighting the man the best way I can.

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1281240 - 02/05/03 08:54 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"Since both scienctific knowledge and ecological problems grow exponentially, something significant is bound to happen."

Something significant is bound to happen in the future. Saying it's going to happen in 2012 is pretty damn presumputous. Well, more than likely, it's not one thing, it's a whole process. Not something that happens in one year.

Saying we're going to change into "beings of light", or other quasi-spiritual mumbo-jumbo is a bit presumptuous as well.

Humans don't really seem to be evolving to be nicer or happier. We're evolving to be bigger and faster.

--------------------
"I have no valid complaint against hustlers. No rational bitch. But the act of selling is repulsive to me. I harbor a secret urge to whack a salesman in the face, crack his teeth and put red bumps around his eyes." -Hunter S Thompson

OfflinePhluck
Carpal Tunnel
 User Gallery

#1281249 - 02/05/03 08:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

"Prove it"

The burden of proof is on you with this one. Can't proove a negative, of course.

So the question is, is there enough evidence that a reasonable person might believe that this mystical planet x will come and alter earth forever?

To me, there doesn't seem like there is.

--------------------

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#1281273 - 02/05/03 09:02 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Can't proove a negative, of course.

Why not? Heard this a lot in this forum, but still don't get it. There are several ways to prove a negative statement. One is, for example, to lead the positive statement to a contradiction.

Sorry if I missed your point. You were probably not claiming something in general, but only regarding to a specific negative.

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1281318 - 02/05/03 09:14 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

will the world end in 2003? maybe? what will change in 2012?! maybe nothing! but then again what might happen tomorrow which changes the outlook of what will happen in 2012?

--------------------
What?

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #1281325 - 02/05/03 09:16 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

i read that our daily cycles are 23 hours and 56 minutes... thats 4 minutes every day, every year and for how long has this been going on? i wonder how screwed up our calendar really is. i thought this was an important fact i read, you might have known . thought i should recycle this info.

--------------------
What?

Offlinejohnnyfive
Burning withCircles!
Loc: Hell
    #1281330 - 02/05/03 09:18 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

In 2012, things will stay the same.

There is no good reason to believe anything significant will change in 2012.

We are approaching infinity faster and faster (technologically, spiritually, scientically, mentally, evolutionary). 2012 is the date, were we change. Wiether we actaully change physically is hear-say. I truely do believe that our minds will change and evolve. We will have christ or god think. We won't think small ANYMORE!

When i refer to beings of light, im kinda refering to a mental change really. Many say that our bodies will grow bigger heads, i personally don't know about that one, but im pretty sure our minds will definatly change!!

When i refer to NO WORK, im talking about artificial intelligence, nano technology, and free energy machines and engines.

--------------------
And the gameshow host rings the buzzer (brrnnntt) oh and now you get a face full of face!

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#1281344 - 02/05/03 09:23 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Something significant is bound to happen in the future. Saying it's going to happen in 2012 is pretty damn presumputous. Well, more than likely, it's not one thing, it's a whole process. Not something that happens in one year.

Terence McKenna was into memetic warfare, and he didn't hesitate to openly admit that. He was not much concerned with truth, especially not the Truth, and especially not the TRUTH. He danced on the thin line between metaphor and reality, until it was all but wiped out. While he fully believed in his timewave theory, he was very aware that it could become a self fulfilling prophecy, and he was more than happy about this; just like, in the very same way, his human/mushroom - coevolution theory was a syringe to inoculate the knowledge of the sacred mushroom into the public. Besides that, it is still the best available theory concerning two of the greatest mysteries in biology, the existance of psylocibin (no use for the fungus, and not an effective poison, either - especially with the non-threatening outer appearance of psilocybe species), and the evolution of the human brain (the fastest evolution of an organ in the history of life, and the most complex molecular system in the known universe). The timewave might not be accurate, but it is a worthy and interesting thought. Since we have discovered patterns everywhere in nature, why should there not be a pattern to entropy, too? Such a time-related pattern to probability would be an attack on one of the most basic axiomatic conditions of science, namely, that the time is always the same, that it does not matter if you conduct an experiment on a monday or a tuesday. The speculation that this basic idea might be wrong, that it could make a difference, is interesting in itself. You do not need to buy into the eschaton, but don't throw the baby out with the bathwater, either.

Saying we're going to change into "beings of light", or other quasi-spiritual mumbo-jumbo is a bit presumptuous as well.

Don't know. Could be a useful belief. Not mine, and certainly not Terence McKenna's. I will probably come back to this belief when I have found a use for it.

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: In 2012 lets throw away time! [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1281743 - 02/05/03 11:24 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think in 2012 the aliens are going to come back to earth to reap the human harvest they have sown! Just kidding, but something is bound to happen soon-just look at the world around us right now- I'm just praying that its going to be good.

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Anonymous

#1281794 - 02/05/03 11:44 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

...if you guys are gonna throw away all your worldly possessions, I'll take 'em.

Someone else can have my physical body, also, because I won't be needing it anymore.

Anonymous

Re: In 2012 lets throw away time! [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1281801 - 02/05/03 11:46 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I think in 2012 the aliens are going to come back to earth to reap the human harvest they have sown!

You may be closer to the truth than you realize.

Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Re: In 2012 lets throw away time! [Re: ]
    #1281825 - 02/05/03 11:56 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Lets hope not, who knows what theyll do to us! Maybe they'll toss out the bad ones and keep the good ones to inoculate the second batch with!! Maybe we arent the first humans to be here?  :shocked: 

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
Re: In 2012 lets throw away time! [Re: johnnyfive]
    #1282016 - 02/05/03 01:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Zetatalk, shift2003, they all say it's May 15 this year. The big "crock" is gonna hit us hard but aliens are going to save us , i'm waiting for March 30 to see it.
Acording to logic, one of two things can happen, 1-We're fucked. 2- They go off line.

When will the world end ?

MAIA

Votes accepted from (12/31/69 05:00 PM) to (No end specified)
View the results of this poll

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag