Home | Community | Message Board

RVF Garden Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleperuvian spark
Stranger

Magic Cactus Preparations
    #1278588 - 02/04/03 04:06 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, I know this is the Shroomery, but I have a question concerning cacti. I have a San Pedro and a Peruvian Torch cactus growing and I plan on trying them out this summer when they get a little bigger. Does anyone have any suggestions on the best way to prepare these so that the best effects are obtained? Just eat them raw, or make tea?  Thanks for any info  :laugh:    --what about making tea with mushies and cacti?! 

--------------------
"The only unchangeable certainty is that nothing is certain and everything is changeable."

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinezandorf
OTD residentvirginwizard-abstinenceain'teasy

Re: Magic Cactus Preparations [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1278602 - 02/04/03 04:09 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

actually before you worry about preparing them you want to boost their mescaline levels. this will take a full gorwing season of poor conditions. no fertilizer, less water. get the specifics at erowid. but basically in these cacti mescal is used to prevent disease, so when you give them an unhealthy growing environment they produce much more of it.

as for peparing it, some say skinning it and scraping the white off the underside of the skin, eating that, then eating the rest of the cacti like corn on the cob til you get to the woody center.

there are also a few extraction guides on erowid. those looked best to me i would recomend trying them.

--------------------
We live in a world where lemonade is made with artificial flavours and furniture polish is made with all natural lemon.

OfflineAudi0
have ur cake andbeat it 2
Female User Gallery

Loc: Dirty South !
Re: Magic Cactus Preparations [Re: zandorf]
    #1278802 - 02/04/03 04:59 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

1. Despine
2. Peel off waxy layer
3. Cut away from core
4. Freeze for a day.
5. Put in a blender until its all green, wet pulp.
6. Use an old panty hose to strain the juice into a pot.
7. Add one cup distilled water, half cup lemon or lime juice, and gram of crushed ascorbic acid (vitamin C) per ft of cacti.
8. Bring to a low boil and slowly stir the pulp back in, bring back to boil.
9. Strain and repeat several times. Strain off the final time and throw the pulp away. Don't boil to much.
10. Freeze or let cool and drink.

I dont find it that unpleasant if I use enough lemon and lime. The trick I think is to drink it without thinking about anything at all. It comes on slow but feels so good. Have fun.

--------------------

Offlineimel007
Re: Magic Cactus Preparations [Re: peruvian spark]
    #1279629 - 02/04/03 08:41 PM (14 years, 4 months ago)

Having prepared San Pedro 5 times I suggest you just eat it raw, its really not as bad as people say.

You basically have to VERY CAREFULLY peel the CLEAR waxy skin layer off and be sure not to take the dark green part while peeling the skin because this contains most of the mescaline.

Anyways, once you have despined it and taken the skin off.... it is best to cut around the core and get most of the dark green substance, I try and get the rest of it too, except for the core. I put this into a blender, make sure its mixed up well, and down it.

I find it easier to drink than many alcoholic beverages. But I would eat at least 22 inches of the stuff, 3 inch diameter, if you want a good trip.

Takes about 3 hours to prepare, but its worth it, mescaline is the shit. It has a really good energy feeling to it throughout the trip, and marijuana REALLY brings it out.

Not sure about the Peruvian Torch, but I know Torch contains much more mescaline than san pedro. Check the net.

InvisibleBilge
longtimenoC

Loc: USA
Re: Magic Cactus Preparations [Re: imel007]
    #1280300 - 02/05/03 05:19 AM (14 years, 4 months ago)

skip skinning, skip peeling. chop up whole cactus and puree in blender with lemon juice and distilled water. boil for 30 minutes, strain saving juice, add distilled water and lemon juice, repeat 3 to 5 times. boil down juice as far as you want then use as is or slow evaporate, grind and encapsulate.

--------------------
Shopping for your head? Visit HeadShopFinder.com or find Online Head Shops.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Cannabis Seeds   Amazon Peruvian Torch, San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience