Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinethelox
U. G. Krishnamurti
    #1277363 - 02/04/03 08:08 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Has anyone read any of his beliefs? If so what are your opinions?
if not check out this site
http://www.well.com/user/jct/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: U. G. Krishnamurti [Re: thelox]
    #1278179 - 02/04/03 12:26 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

from the link

"seer with no solutions", "the raging sage", "the thinker who shuns thought" and "the anti-Krishnamurti", referring to his namesake, J. Krishnamurti, U.G.'s better known contemporary with whom he shares no family tie.

J. Krishnamurti and U.G. Krishnamurti in my opinion both are talking about the same things. The difference is, J. Krishnamurti has been dead for a few years, but when he was alive, he wanted to talk to people and help them. This guy, if you read his website introduction, isn't into talking with a group of people and sharing ideas the way J. Krishnamurti did. Or so it seems anyway.

Offlineshaggy101
Male

Loc: ..still waiting for godot
    #1278251 - 02/04/03 12:43 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

its probally a ploy to seem mysterious and sell books, he really has a mansion in Jamaica :wink:

I would love to read one of his books,  ill probally be reading up more on him tonight

InvisibleMountainMist
Stranger

Loc: Seattle, Washington
    #1278330 - 02/04/03 01:02 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Here's a quotation from the book "The Mystique of Englightenment" which is based on a dialogue with him. He doesn't actually write books.

And that is all there to it. My biography is over. There is nothing more to write about, and never will be. If people come and ask me questions, I answer; if they don't, it makes no difference to me. I have not set myself up in the 'holy business' of liberating people. I have no particular message for mankind, except to say that all holy systems for obtaining enlightenment are bunk, and that all talk of arriving at a psychological mutation through awareness is poppycock. Psychological mutation is impossible. The natural state can happen only through biological mutation.

He also says that "englightenment" or whatever it happens to be called is such a painful, unpleasant experience that most people wouldn't want to touch it with a ten-foot barge pole if they had any inkling of what it is really like.

Basically he seems to be saying that enlightenment is a kind of biological disorder that is only a shade different from insanity and, like insanity, rooted in material, biological changes within in the body. But then elsewhere he says:

Get this straight, this is your state I am describing, your natural state, not my state or the state of a God-realized man or a mutant or any such thing. This is your natural state, but what prevents what is there from expressing itself in its own way is your reaching out for something, trying to be something other than what you are.

Which makes it sound as if it is in the reach of everybody. They just have to stop reaching. One thing he makes clear is that all "spiritual" practices actually lead you further away from it. Which is fine, I suppose, because it's not what most people really want anyway.

It's refreshing to see a "guru" who just goes on and on about suffering and pain and unpleasantness instead of light and ecstasy and transcendence and so on. Instead he says fuck you! to all that. Religious and New Age escapists can't stand it, which suggests that he's telling the truth.

Invisiblechodamunky
Cheers!

Loc: sailing the seas of chees...
Re: U. G. Krishnamurti [Re: MountainMist]
    #1278835 - 02/04/03 03:07 PM (21 years, 1 month ago)

and that all talk of arriving at a psychological mutation through awareness is poppycock. Psychological mutation is impossible.

sounds like he knows it all doesn't he? the guy who says he has no message for mankind, is telling mankind what it can or cannot achieve. by the way, a mind that is not aware is a dull, sleepy mind, awareness is a state of consciousness that comes naturally, not when one seeks it. sounds like he is full of his own poppycock (whatever that is).

Offlinethelox
Re: U. G. Krishnamurti [Re: chodamunky]
    #1280025 - 02/05/03 12:38 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Appartently he tried to reach enlightenment for most of his life and
finally gave up causing a chemical change in his brain. He has no concept of
himself of "I" He believes there is no such thing as the present. That all we are
is accumulated knowledge, just the sum of our experiences. He points out
that you cannot locate the mind. It's interested because I have had
realizations while tripping that everything already exists in thought. That everything has already happened and we just repeat it.
Though I've also had the definate feelings that we are seperate of our bodies. As well I remember haveing the thought that when life first communicated with other life it was an amazing thing. His views are as far away from spiritual as you can get, though I still read it because it is original.

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

Re: U. G. Krishnamurti [Re: MountainMist]
    #1280094 - 02/05/03 01:34 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

He also says that "englightenment" or whatever it happens to be called is such a painful, unpleasant experience that most people wouldn't want to touch it with a ten-foot barge pole if they had any inkling of what it is really like.

That might very well be true. When someone asked Suzuki what enlightenment is, he replied: "Why do you want to know? You may not like it."

It's refreshing to see a "guru" who just goes on and on about suffering and pain and unpleasantness instead of light and ecstasy and transcendence and so on.

Indeed. Especially, I think it's refreshing to see someone who doesn't need to photograph himself with this sick, slime dripping I-am-so-fucking-happy-grin of the new age scams, where you can see the dollar signs blinking in their eyes.

"We don't want to be free from fear. All that we want to do is to play games with it and talk about freeing ourselves from fear." - U.G. Krishnamurti

This guy sounds authentic.

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

Re: U. G. Krishnamurti [Re: Nomad]
    #1280106 - 02/05/03 01:41 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Damn, now I'm starting to dig this guy.

"When the questions you have resolve themselves into just one question, your question, then that question must detonate, explode and disappear entirely, leaving behind a smoothly functioning biological organism, free of the distortion and interference of the separative thinking structure." - U.G. Krishnamurti

Sounds like he has solved his koan. Unfortunately, an enlightened man probably has a hard time in a degenerate age where there is no authentic path of enlightenment left.

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#1280128 - 02/05/03 01:58 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

And now I'm completely sucked in. Thanks for the link, thelox. I think his thoughts are quite spiritual, just a bit unusual in these times. His thoughts on death are crap, but anyone whom you completely agree with is a trick played on your ego, anyway.

"Truth is a movement. You can't capture it, contain it, give expression to it, or use it to advance your interests. The moment you capture it, it ceases to be the truth. What is the truth for me is something that cannot, under any circumstances, be communicated to you. The certainty here cannot be transmitted to another. For this reason the whole guru business is absolute nonsense. " - U.G. Krishnamurti

Very good.

Offlinethelox
    #1280304 - 02/05/03 03:21 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

And now I'm completely sucked in. Thanks for the link, thelox. I think his thoughts are quite spiritual, just a bit unusual in these times. His thoughts on death are crap, but anyone whom you completely agree with is a trick played on your ego, anyway.

"Truth is a movement. You can't capture it, contain it, give expression to it, or use it to advance your interests. The moment you capture it, it ceases to be the truth. What is the truth for me is something that cannot, under any circumstances, be communicated to you. The certainty here cannot be transmitted to another. For this reason the whole guru business is absolute nonsense. " - U.G. Krishnamurti

Very good.

Actually a friend of mine gave me the link. I find it hard to stop reading because I've
never heard anyone express this point of view

OfflineNomad
Mad Robot

#1280906 - 02/05/03 07:01 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

I find it hard to stop reading because I've never heard anyone express this point of view

And when you have to stop reading, there are still tons of audio clips on the page  :laugh:

Amazing, purely amazing. I won't get much sleep this night. 

InvisibleMountainMist
Stranger

Loc: Seattle, Washington
    #1281350 - 02/05/03 09:27 AM (21 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I find it hard to stop reading because I've never heard anyone express this point of view

And when you have to stop reading, there are still tons of audio clips on the page  :laugh:

Amazing, purely amazing. I won't get much sleep this night.   

I didn't sleep much last night either.  Check out the streaming video.  The guy swears like a truckdriver.  He says stuff like "I'd rather spend time with murderers and thieves than with people in 'the holy business': at least they know who they are and they're honest about it."

In another clip he says to this guy who is into meditation and believes you reach certain "levels" etc.:

"What, you want all this (pointing around) and heaven too?"

That was one of the most mind-blowing statements I've heard in a long time.  I think it is in the streaming clip called "I don't know" where all of these seekers are asking him about death and all sorts of metaphysical questions and he keeps replying: "I don't know.  What the hell are you asking me for?  Get the hell out of here!"

I like this guy a lot.  He's sort of the Dostoevsky of the guru set I think. 

OfflineAngelofTruth
Stranger
    #14792190 - 07/19/11 12:27 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This man is the most evil person ever to incarnate on this planet masquerading as some wise sage..his is in fact an EXTREMELY MALEVOLENT reptoid alien intelligence that has infiltrated human consciousness at virtually every level and should be COMPLETELY extirpated if we as a species of HUMAN BEINGS are to thrive..his discarnate spirit doles around and possesses vulnerable souls and subsequently intimidates them deceives them feeds off them and is intent on their total destruction... misguided fools think it's enlightenment
Unfortunately desperate people have fallen for his spiel instead of rigorusly following their own built-in inner guidance system and rejecting all teachers including him...every reference of him and his teaching should be utterly destroyed and deleted if we as a species are to survive.
HEALTH WARNING: PLEASE TAKE NOTE AND AVOID THIS MAN'S TEACHINGS LIKE THE PLAGUE AS IT WILL EVENTUALLY LEAD INTO A TRAP AND ULTIMATELY YOUR VIOLENT RUIN  AND DEATH !!
I'M DEADLY SERIOUS HERE AND SPEAK FROM YEARS OF DIRECT EXPERIENCE!!!
THANK GOD I'M STILL ALIVE & WELL !!!!

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: U. G. Krishnamurti [Re: AngelofTruth] * 2
    #14792254 - 07/19/11 12:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Get lost. :ass:

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: U. G. Krishnamurti [Re: Icelander]
    #14793264 - 07/19/11 04:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Are you truly saying UGK was NOT a reptilian? :confused:

--------------------

InvisibleIcelander
The Minstrel in the Gallery
Male

Loc: underbelly
Re: U. G. Krishnamurti [Re: OrgoneConclusion]
    #14793274 - 07/19/11 04:06 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

No I'm not.  I'm saying it was fine if he was.

--------------------
"Don't believe everything you think". -Anom.

" All that lives was born to die"-Anom.

With much wisdom comes much sorrow,
The more knowledge, the more grief.
Ecclesiastes circa 350 BC

InvisibleOrgoneConclusion
Blue Fish Group
Male User Gallery

Loc: Under the C
Re: U. G. Krishnamurti [Re: Icelander]
    #14793286 - 07/19/11 04:09 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well, that makes more sense. :yesnod:

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale