Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinecuriositydream
?
Male

Re: So who DOESN'T have HPPD symptoms ? [Re: shelkov181]
    #15888554 - 03/01/12 11:55 PM (12 years, 1 month ago)

i mean u kno just clear ur mind out, it's all pent up and stuff..

--------------------

Edited by curiositydream (03/02/12 12:20 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshelkov181
...wubwub
Male

Loc: Genezleganooby
Re: So who DOESN'T have HPPD symptoms ? [Re: curiositydream]
    #15889588 - 03/02/12 09:23 AM (12 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not at all sure what you're talking about. I consider this a good thing. Was this response intended for me?

--------------------
“Ego is a structure that is erected by a neurotic individual who is a member of a neurotic culture against the facts of the matter. And culture, which we put on like an overcoat, is the collectivized consensus about what sort of neurotic behaviors are acceptable.”
― Terence McKenna

Offlinepez1324
Stranger

Re: So who DOESN'T have HPPD symptoms ? [Re: Janamil]
    #15999850 - 03/26/12 05:10 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

In my experience -- ironically because I have recently started less than a year ago on psychedelic use and I don't use it that often-- things move due to perception and sometimes also sleep deprivation. I have discussed with a few of my friends and it does happen, you're just staring at an object and either because you are tired or you've had a long day, it WILL start to slightly move, but there is no reason to worry about that. Even when I haven't been tired, I remember two weeks ago I was on vacation and driving to the destination and we stopped the car and I looked at the sidewalk and it kept going...one segment of the sidewalk, the one that I had focused on, had moved in the direction we were just moving in! It isn't unfamiliar and I would imagine that the only case of alarm would be if things were morphing ALL the time right in front of your eyes and not just SMALL amounts, I mean BIG scale movement as in all the walls are breathing and the floor is swirling and such.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

Re: So who DOESN'T have HPPD symptoms ? [Re: pez1324]
    #16000077 - 03/26/12 05:59 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

pez1324 said:
In my experience -- ironically because I have recently started less than a year ago on psychedelic use and I don't use it that often-- things move due to perception and sometimes also sleep deprivation. I have discussed with a few of my friends and it does happen, you're just staring at an object and either because you are tired or you've had a long day, it WILL start to slightly move, but there is no reason to worry about that. Even when I haven't been tired, I remember two weeks ago I was on vacation and driving to the destination and we stopped the car and I looked at the sidewalk and it kept going...one segment of the sidewalk, the one that I had focused on, had moved in the direction we were just moving in! It isn't unfamiliar and I would imagine that the only case of alarm would be if things were morphing ALL the time right in front of your eyes and not just SMALL amounts, I mean BIG scale movement as in all the walls are breathing and the floor is swirling and such.

alot of the stuff you describe is just natural based on movement, eye imperfections etc. i remember my roommate was taking a shit and yelled "holy shit the carpets morphing!" his first shroom trip wasn't until that coming friday :lol: shows the power of your mind when you overthink things. the car thing can also be due to movement. i remember one night i was up playing temple run really late. as soon as i put it down the ceiling kept moving towards the wall. thought i was having a flashback until repeated scenarios showed that it was just because the motion of the game caused my eyes to expect movement forward. kind of like that acid illusion on youtube.

Offlinepez1324
Stranger

Re: So who DOESN'T have HPPD symptoms ? [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #16000162 - 03/26/12 06:14 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Right! haha which goes to show that not ALL movements in what we consider normal is generated by HPPD, but of course there comes a point where it isn't just you, something IS going on

OfflineDoctor_Ew420
You HATE White Power Bill.
Male

#16000217 - 03/26/12 06:28 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Here is the thing about HPPD: You know when you buy a new car or bike that you had never seen in your neighbourhood and it seems rather original, then, in the week after you buy the car or bike you start noticing it when you are stopped at lights, same paint job and everything. Wal-mart parking lot has 2! This is just because after you notice something new, you are more likely to notice it in the near future. It happens to me flawlessly and I have had others tell me the same thing.

When I think about it, when I was a little kid who obviously had taken no psychedelic drugs, I would notice halos around the street lights and I would un-focus my eyes so the light would flare out making the whole highway a psychedelic blur. Rubbing my eyes hard for a few moments and seeing complex geometric patterns behind my eyelids. Also, unprovoked I would often see stare at a wall while having a bath or the floor while taking a shit long enough that I would see the patterns on the floor mix together in interesting new patterns.

All of that being said, I haven't pressed on my eyes since I was 5, I am sure years of LSD use is less harmful than that! LOL!
I went through a rather prolonged ketamine phase a few years back. I wouldn't say it was excessive, it was hard to come by. I did however go through a few ounces in those three years (lots of sharing also)
I used to eat mushrooms every weekend when I was in high school. I would say I have eaten a half pound of mushrooms in my time. I have only taken some weak acid 3 times. I smoked low doses of DMT twice. I have smoked cannabis daily for more than 4 years. I smoke cigarettes. Smoked salvia a handful of times.

I would say I have no strange persisting visuals or HPPD. I have never had anything like that even the day after a trip. 24 hours after any trip I have had. I feel MORE sane and MORE grounded than I did prior.

OfflineJacksonMetaller
Stranger

#16000226 - 03/26/12 06:29 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

Quote:

pez1324 said:
Right! haha which goes to show that not ALL movements in what we consider normal is generated by HPPD, but of course there comes a point where it isn't just you, something IS going on

of course! i don't deny the existence of HPPD but i feel a lot of people get worried when they start noticing natural distortions after reading so many fear stories of HPPD. that's what happened with me at least. my vision is completely normal, but of course every optical illusion "oh no HPPD!"

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: So who DOESN'T have HPPD symptoms ? [Re: JacksonMetaller]
    #16000286 - 03/26/12 06:40 PM (12 years, 23 days ago)

I have what I guess you could classify as HPPD, but I don't really think of it in those terms. I mean it doesn't affect my life in any negative kind of way. There's no loss of function & it's not always obvious.  As others have posted things like sleep deprivation can make it more noticeable. I don't mind it. In fact I enjoy it....when I bother to reflect upon it at all. Also, I didn't notice it until after years of heavy psychedelic use....and drug abuse in general, so..........

--------------------

Invisiblebirdland

#16002293 - 03/27/12 05:35 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Quote:

pez1324 said:

How could it be anything but you?

Offlinepez1324
Stranger

Re: So who DOESN'T have HPPD symptoms ? [Re: birdland]
    #16002296 - 03/27/12 05:37 AM (12 years, 22 days ago)

Sorry I worded that wrong...

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract